Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
update for anyone interested. I reached out to Dave @ ddmworks and he's a class act. Answer tons of questions I had and also attempted to source the flywheel/clutch kit from their old conversion kit. Sadly he would need a large batch order (so get those orders in guys!).

J/K.

He pointed out that the Quick Time bellhousing adapter (RM-7042) needs to be modded in order to rotate it so that the shifter points the correct way. He also gave me some tips on how to look for a flexplate and clutch combo that will fit. One thing I need to worry about is their old custom T56 backbone 1/2" thick. I dont know how much work it would involve to have this one fit

I found a local to me company that can do the driveshaft since it uses a standard yoke style output based on what Dave mentioned to me. The rest of the stuff is OE GM or aftermarket from rockauto.com.
The other thing I need to consider is the backup switch, since the T56 is different from the AR5. I got me the QT RM7042 for less than half off, so we're well under way. The Magnum shipped this monday and should arrive tomorrow friday.

Any ideas/info/feedback always welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
QT may make a custom bell housing for you.
Interesting. I called Holley earlier this morning and spoke to them about their housing. Their stock 7042 (according to them) fit both ends, but as Dave from DDMW pointed out, they do fit but they need to be rotated 10 degrees CCW, otherwise the shifter will be pointing towards the passenger side.

It never dawned on me to ask if they do custom work, I'll call them again tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Not what you need but just for your information. Chevy-Muscle.com - Colorado LS Conversion
Much appreciated, good info in that article. As an update, I bought the cross-member and trans mount from [email protected] and should ship out soon.

I called quick time and they do not make custom bell housings, so I will have to have a competent person properly clock the bellhousing, cut it and weld it back together to properly match the driveline.

I also bought a used shifter assembly out of an 06 GTO including shifter adapter plate, so it should mount without any problems based on an old post from DDMWorks somewhere in this forum.

One of the missing parts of the puzzle is finding the proper flexplate (that mounts to the bolt pattern on the LNF) and the clutch disc pack (which fits a T56 magnun). I hope not to have too many issues with this.

Finally, I am missing the DDMworks Custom T56 backbone 1/2" thick that Dave used to ship with his old kit. I am not sure that I need this, but I may buy the 1/4" think version and see if it will fit the T56. I am sure it will bolt up to the car, the issue is depth. Maybe we can get creative with bolts and mounting hardware.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
21 - 28 of 28 Posts