Saturn Sky Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is no one knows about it....I was out last friday night and just talking with some people maybe 20 year olds......and I told them I will be getting my saturn sky soon......soon being (2-3 months I hope).....and they had the most confused look on there face and said they had never heard of them....

·
Registered
438 Posts
skybeam said:
is no one knows about it....I was out last friday night and just talking with some people maybe 20 year olds......and I told them I will be getting my saturn sky soon......soon being (2-3 months I hope).....and they had the most confused look on there face and said they had never heard of them....

They will soon!

·
Registered
148 Posts
skybeam said:

ishot3bucks said:
They will soon!
Amen!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I love telling people that my mid-life crisis car is a Saturn. :lol: Then I show them the car! One guy was on a waiting list for a Solstice now he wants a Sky.:cheers:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ditto here, I'm in my early sixties and this is my gift to me and wife!!
We almost feel like were in the twentiies again. We cant wait to be driving around had have some "twenties" look at our "triple black" Sky and say"Look at the great car wit those two old (you fill in the blanks_"

·
Registered
133 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
They will soon!
There is a 2 page ad for the SKY in this months People Magazine.:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Solstice forum

I was just over at the solstice forum and i can;t believe how some of them talk about the Sky, Like it is a Miata instead of a sister to the Solstice...
they think it is more of a chick car than the solstice and also a ricer car for the young kids... LOL i guess they call the new C6 covette a Ricer car too...

·
Registered
46 Posts
solstice

The solstice owners can talk trash all they want. At least we can say our Sky doesn't look like the Ambiguously Gay Duo's car!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Sol owners are Afraid.
Their vehicles got attention on the road this year but next year is all about the Sky.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Kinsey said:
The solstice owners can talk trash all they want. At least we can say our Sky doesn't look like the Ambiguously Gay Duo's car!
Excuse me, but what gives you the right to make comments like this? :brentil:

I see far more Solstice bashing from you all here at the Sky forum then I see Sky bashing from the Solstice forum and there are oh 4 times as many members there. If you all want to be respected then you need to grow up and stop making negative comments like this.

Especially since comments like that violate forum policy and is grounds for moderation action.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
brentil said:
Excuse me, but what gives you the right to make comments like this? :brentil:

I see far more Solstice bashing from you all here at the Sky forum then I see Sky bashing from the Solstice forum and there are oh 4 times as many members there. If you all want to be respected then you need to grow up and stop making negative comments like this.

Especially since comments like that violate forum policy and is grounds for moderation action.
:agree:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
On topic. I think both cars will keep getting the praise they get. I entered a car show the other day and at least 2/3 of the people I talked to had never even seen one before. Just that oen event generated a lot of interest and praise from show go-ers.

·
Registered
727 Posts
There isn't much outright Sky bashing on Solsticeforum that I have noticed. What there is generally is aimed at people's preference for the Sol's styling over the Sky's. That is to be expected, since they bought the Sol over the Sky and made the decision that it is the better car.

Starting a cross forum war with the Solstice doesn't accomplish much. They are the same car underneath, and all the technical and modification expertise already being gained on the Solstice will be very beneficial to the Sky.

Everyone there and here has to remember, these cars are in a symbiotic relationship. Without both, GM probably could never have made a business case to produce the kappa platform. They exist because of each other.

They simply are different flavors of ice cream. Neither is "better" or "worse," just "different."

:cheers:

·
Registered
46 Posts
solstice

you have go to agree though that it does look a lot like the ambiguously gay duo's car. at least the front end of it. kinda looks like a wang. I can say this cause i live in a "free" country where I can say what i want (as long as it doesn't offend a minority). in no way am i bashing it saying that is an ugly car and nobody should buy it. i actually was going to get one before the sky came out. mainly i picked the sky because it comes stock with what i would have to pay for on the solstice which is kind've b.s. if you ask me. if you still belive that i am "bashing" the solstice, go ahead and slam the sky all you want because i do not care. i have more important things to do than fly off the handle and gripe about how someone thinks a car looks like something else.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Both cars are really attractive and will have different appeal to different people. Clever really. They are both affordable and have great body styles. I like that they are visually different enough to generate their own market. I love the SKY's lines which is why I'm going with it over the more rounded Solstice. Of course, when I first saw the Solstice I was impressed but they didn't offer it in an automatic which was also a determining factor. They are both stunning vehicles and whichever one someone chooses is a great choice since they are both so attractive! :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
One thing I love about this car is that it is being built in a factory that should have good morale as opposed to the Ford factories that are about to layoff 30-40 thousand employees. You cant honestly believe they are to concerned about quality when their about to be axed.:mad: Hopefully these cars will be well built by employees that are grateful to have their jobs for years to come assuming these cars are around for a while.:patriot:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I wasn;t bashing the Solstice, in fact I have defended it with ferver over there in the Solstice forum and on this forum, I was just amazed at some of the comments being made about the Sky , Like I have always said, If there was not a Sky I would already have a Solstice..... they are both great cars and i will defend them both, I was not commenting on the cars but the people making comments about them.
We should support each other not trash each other....
LONG LIVE THE KAPPAS!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.