Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any insight/rumors on when Saturn will start production on the Bluestone color?? I have declined two offers for a graphite grey with all my extra options waiting on this dam---- color. I was the one who said I won't settle for anything other than what I ordered, and yet here I am contemplating getting another color just to get the car sooner. Iwant this car so bad I can smell it already. Also getting nervous about my SC2 conking out on me before my baby gets here!!!! Give a desperate girl some promising news, or just fake it!!!:lol:

·
Registered
295 Posts
all the colors look great....the best weather here in orlando is about to start so that will really tempt you

·
Registered
69 Posts
Stick to your guns

·
Registered
745 Posts
Mine is in Chicago

My Redline bluestone arrived in Chicago today(Railyard). Hopefully it will be quick delivery to Downers Grove. I'll post pics when it arrives.

·
Registered
389 Posts
You will probably be happy with the Sky in any color, but wait it out for the one you ordered. This is the car you imagined driving when you ordered it. Finally getting your dream car will be worth the wait!

·
Registered
18,037 Posts
Why do I always cringe when I hear/see that color? I always hated it!...even if it is on a SKY...just not ME....anyway, wait...wait...wait...it is what u wanted. Select...don't SETTLE

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why do I always cringe when I hear/see that color? I always hated it!...even if it is on a SKY...just not ME....anyway, wait...wait...wait...it is what u wanted. Select...don't SETTLE
Can't imagine anyone "cringing" at any color with this car.Although it is a harsh opinion, it is your opinion.When you see me in it you won't cringe, I can assure you. BTW, have you actually seen a bluestone sky in the flesh? Don't knock something you have never actually seen!!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I think the SKY looks great in any colour but I have waited for 19 months for the white I ordered. She arrived in the show room on Saturday and I tell you I'm glad I waited for my colour. I love the SKY in any colour but if it is the colour you really want it is so much nicer. That is just my opinion!

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
If it was me, I would wait for the color I want & with the options I ordered and want. I don't care how long I would have to wait. That said, I am concerned about your other comment, whether your current car can wait for however long it would take. Why do you think it'll conk out? can't you keep it going or would it be to expensive? :confused:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it was me, I would wait for the color I want & with the options I ordered and want. I don't care how long I would have to wait. That said, I am concerned about your other comment, whether your current car can wait for however long it would take. Why do you think it'll conk out? can't you keep it going or would it be to expensive? :confused:
It's 10 years old, 200,000+ miles, original clutch,air leak (bad for Florida), and worried about "Murphy's Law!!!" So far, it's running fine, just nervous that something major will go wrong and I will need to put major money into it to get me through for only a few months!!! (just paranoia):) :) :)

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
It's 10 years old, 200,000+ miles, original clutch,air leak (bad for Florida), and worried about "Murphy's Law!!!" So far, it's running fine, just nervous that something major will go wrong and I will need to put major money into it to get me through for only a few months!!! (just paranoia):) :) :)
Yea, I c ur point--And WOW, you sure got your moneys worth on your current wheels--:lol: Being paranoid is absolutely understandable now that you provided the details--Hmm, tuff decision at this point--BUT, if you can baby that ole timer along, maybe--just maybe you can get "your" car--& your right bout air down here, without it, you will cook yourself--I would definitely set a absolute limit on the old car (for any repairs), if you feel that it won't make it, then it would be alright to jump into your new car--WTH why not? Take what they offer and keep your order in, then trade it in or sell it off when yours arrives--:) What you think?

·
Registered
47 Posts
My Redline bluestone arrived in Chicago today(Railyard). Hopefully it will be quick delivery to Downers Grove. I'll post pics when it arrives.
:cheers: Can't wait for the pics!!! I'm sooooo excited to see this one!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea, I c ur point--And WOW, you sure got your moneys worth on your current wheels--:lol: Being paranoid is absolutely understandable now that you provided the details--Hmm, tuff decision at this point--BUT, if you can baby that ole timer along, maybe--just maybe you can get "your" car--& your right bout air down here, without it, you will cook yourself--I would definitely set a absolute limit on the old car (for any repairs), if you feel that it won't make it, then it would be alright to jump into your new car--WTH why not? Take what they offer and keep your order in, then trade it in or sell it off when yours arrives--:) What you think?
Hmmm!! certainly an option,If another choice is offered to me, I might take that suggestion into consideration. In the meantime, I will pray that old faithful will remain that way!!!:) :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah, I say try to stick it out, but if your current drive starts costing too much, I'd say that would be the time to consider "settling"..........because you'd still have a SKY.

I do know what you are feeling. I had a Suzuki Sidekick that was almost 11 years old and it had just left me stranded with a dead battery. The following week I got a call saying there was a car available with my options, but a different color. I had changed my mind so many times about the color it wasn't difficult for me to decide to take it, but if I had a picture in my mind of what I truly wanted it would have been harder to take it. I do love my car............good luck to you. Hope your old car makes it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts