Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday, my wife, CarbonCopy, talked to the wife of our local Saturn dealership owner. My wife had sent them a handmade Christmas card that had a picture of our two Skys on it. My wife told her about how much I liked the Saturn buying experience and how much I liked the Saturn service and the service manager at their dealership. She said her husband suggested that we go to SaturnFans.com | The Saturn Authority for Saturn Enthusiasts. and ForeverSaturn.com. Both sites have an online petition to fill out. GM monitors these sites. It may not help but, it can't hurt anything either. I'm asking everyone on this forum to go to these websites and let GM know how we feel about our Skys and about Saturn. Thanks, Gary

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Signed at Saturn fans.com- Not going to sign at forever saturn. Sorry it's open to web crawlers.

·
Registered
997 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Having trouble finding a buyer for Saturn, GM is not likely to kill the division, for many good reasons. But the government appointed Car Czar may force the issue. That's what I am afraid of.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Having trouble finding a buyer for Saturn, GM is not likely to kill the division, for many good reasons. But the government appointed Car Czar may force the issue. That's what I am afraid of.
I thing the whole car czar was tossed to pass the bill. I didn't hear a final version of the passed bill though.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
920 Posts
I thing the whole car czar was tossed to pass the bill. I didn't hear a final version of the passed bill though.
Here is a good article on the Czar, January 14th. Based on what I am reading there will be a Car Czar but he will have a green thumb, know how to manage money but know nothing about the auto industry..

Bloomberg.com: Worldwide

·
Registered
997 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I was told by a friend in the know, that Saturn has nothing new to show past 2011. The source says that some manufacturers have shown product direction up to 2015. What does lack of new product mean? Up for sale, end of Saturn or Something new they don't want to show yet?

I hope the answer is behind door #3 but I suspect it's really hiding behind doors #1 or 2. To bad if they let Saturn go. I just started liking the line. I was even considering the Vue but I want a lease.

BTW the Saturn site used to show future cars. That's not on the site (at least I couldn't find it).

·
Registered
997 Posts
I was told by a friend in the know, that Saturn has nothing new to show past 2011. The source says that some manufacturers have shown product direction up to 2015. What does lack of new product mean? Up for sale, end of Saturn or Something new they don't want to show yet?

I hope the answer is behind door #3 but I suspect it's really hiding behind doors #1 or 2. To bad if they let Saturn go. I just started liking the line. I was even considering the Vue but I want a lease.

BTW the Saturn site used to show future cars. That's not on the site (at least I couldn't find it).
You are correct the site has no future vehicles. The only upcoming is the Vue 2 Mode Hybrid. The Flextreme was strictly a concept.

So far until something definite is posted by GM or Saturn, it's all speculation.

·
Registered
481 Posts
The SKY is now the oldest design in the Saturn line, so hopefully the lack of future vehicles isn't too worrisome...yet.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
^^^ This is true..

Lets remember that a lot of new vehicles are being scraped.. Why plan on what you are going to put out in 2015, when we don't know what the style or trend will be by then.. everyone might be driving hybrids by then :willy:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Never know:lol: It's going to be hard to scrap the Sky without scraping the Solstice and Opel GT. They're all built on the same line. The loss of one may doom the others.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
The Sky, or its equivalent in Europe (Opel GT), Korea (Daewoo), India (Chevy something) are all selling well. Since a lot of its parts come from other GM products, I am not too concerned with the service issue, but I would like to see the car itself live on under a luxury brand. I think the Sky is a much better looking car than the Solstice, but it is also different. Its ride characteristics and upscale interior place it in Buick or Cadillac lines. GM with just Chevy and Caddy would be much more competitive. GMC only makes trucks and the same trucks as Chevy! And Buick, is a step between Chevy and Caddy. So instead, sell some mid price Caddys. Chevrolet can have a performance division; Vette, Camaro, Kappa, and family vehicles + trucks. Caddy can be luxury, entry and high end. Time to simplify.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Sky, or its equivalent in Europe (Opel GT), Korea (Daewoo), India (Chevy something) are all selling well. Since a lot of its parts come from other GM products, I am not too concerned with the service issue, but I would like to see the car itself live on under a luxury brand. I think the Sky is a much better looking car than the Solstice, but it is also different. Its ride characteristics and upscale interior place it in Buick or Cadillac lines. GM with just Chevy and Caddy would be much more competitive. GMC only makes trucks and the same trucks as Chevy! And Buick, is a step between Chevy and Caddy. So instead, sell some mid price Caddys. Chevrolet can have a performance division; Vette, Camaro, Kappa, and family vehicles + trucks. Caddy can be luxury, entry and high end. Time to simplify.
Very intelligent post! :cheers:

·
Registered
113 Posts
The Opel GT in my garage was purchased new off the Buick lot in 1970. It would be an awesome move to put the Sky's over on Buick. The demographics for Buick customers and Sky customers probably overlap considerably.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts