Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should feel the pain in your customer survey! If you pay over sticker..and really want the car..then stick them in your evaluation. Let them know that is B**Shi*! I always give great ratings with my sales"person" and the dealership, but If I get charged a dime over I will tear that dealership up, no matter how much ass kissing they do after I receive that car. It would be a lot smarter to take care of their customer...because once I am screwed by someone...it comes back 10 fold!

Believe me, they value those customer surveys!

·
Registered
623 Posts
ishot, who are you dealing with if I may ask (just curious since you are the same area as me)? I am on Saturn of Lakeside's unoffical Redline list.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saturn Of Lakeside Rules!!

DuSpinnst said:
ishot, who are you dealing with if I may ask (just curious since you are the same area as me)? I am on Saturn of Lakeside's unoffical Redline list.
Duspin...It's a long story..But I am with the same place and I am first on the official list, I get the next image! If you PM me I will give you my phone number and tell you the the whole story! A situation came up last summer, and since then they have been the best! I have Jamie as my salesperson and Rick Foley has gone out of his way to take care of me! You should be very happy if you have them to rely on! I already put in the order and they are just waiting for the next image! PM me and I'll tell you what went on!

ISHOT#BUCKS!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The best way to stick it to a dealership is to not buy from them. Dealers charge over MSRP because people are willing to pay it.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
brentil said:
The best way to stick it to a dealership is to not buy from them. Dealers charge over MSRP because people are willing to pay it.
:agree:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
should feel the pain in your customer survey! If you pay over sticker..and really want the car..then stick them in your evaluation. Let them know that is B**Shi*! I always give great ratings with my sales"person" and the dealership, but If I get charged a dime over I will tear that dealership up, no matter how much ass kissing they do after I receive that car. It would be a lot smarter to take care of their customer...because once I am screwed by someone...it comes back 10 fold!

Believe me, they value those customer surveys!
:nono: :nono: :nono:
The survey, at least in our case, hurts the Salesperson more. :mad: The reason for this is that some dealerships have bonuses attached to survey results and if the SALESPERSON gets bad ratings, some dealerships make the SALESPERSON pay a fine ($$$) back to the dealer for a bad survey. :banghead: So be careful as to who you think you are hurting with that survey... :willy:

I do agree with Brentil... the best way to show that dealer you don't agree with their tactics is not to buy from them!!! :cuss:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Is there a way to create a list on the forum of dealers by state to explain their pricing policy

ie.

Florida
Saturn of Somecity MSRP GM Discount
Saturn of SomeOtherCity MSRP No GM Discount
Saturn of SouthCity MSRP +5000 Laughs when asked about discount

and so on.

This may help steer people away from the greedy.. we could help the honest dealerships sell out of their allocation so that they can get more and continue to seel out..

·
Registered
727 Posts
Just don't buy from dealers who are gouging. If nobody buys a car for them, they won't be gouging very long!

Instead of using the survey as an avenue to blast the dealer (since it reflects mainly on the sales person), you could always file a complaint directly with Saturn/GM. Write a well worded letter to them seperate of the survey expressing your disappointment that the retailer has taken the promise of an easy transaction with a no haggle price as an opportunity to charge over MSRP. You could also file a complaint with the BBB.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sky Dealer said:
The survey, at least in our case, hurts the Salesperson more. :mad: The reason for this is that some dealerships have bonuses attached to survey results and if the SALESPERSON gets bad ratings, some dealerships make the SALESPERSON pay a fine ($$$) back to the dealer for a bad survey. :banghead: So be careful as to who you think you are hurting with that survey... :willy:

I do agree with Brentil... the best way to show that dealer you don't agree with their tactics is not to buy from them!!! :cuss:

Regards,

sky dealer: After I heard I was getting the next image(and got back up from falling on the floor):D I offered the staff all the pizza they could eat for lunch :lol: but the GM stated that was not necessary, but make sure I take care of us on question 14? Something like that...so I'm pretty sure that question reflects on that dealership or the GM! Saturn of Lakeside really is a great place!

Ishot3bucks

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
sky dealer: After I heard I was getting the next image(and got back up from falling on the floor):D I offered the staff all the pizza they could eat for lunch :lol: but the GM stated that was not necessary, but make sure I take care of us on question 14? Something like that...so I'm pretty sure that question reflects on that dealership or the GM! Saturn of Lakeside really is a great place!

Ishot3bucks
Questions 9, 10 & 14 are the important for me (us). :thumbs: :cheers: :thumbs:

Regards,

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
Questions 9, 10 & 14 are the important for me (us). :thumbs: :cheers: :thumbs:

Regards,

Would you list them, as I always fill out my surveys and never knew of any one (or in this case, three) that were of particular interest to GM.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
GMguy74 said:
Would you list them, as I always fill out my surveys and never knew of any one (or in this case, three) that were of particular interest to GM.
Not to GM but to the Salesperson!!! :cheers:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
sky_vue said:
Is there a way to create a list on the forum of dealers by state to explain their pricing policy

ie.

Florida
Saturn of Somecity MSRP GM Discount
Saturn of SomeOtherCity MSRP No GM Discount
Saturn of SouthCity MSRP +5000 Laughs when asked about discount

and so on.

This may help steer people away from the greedy.. we could help the honest dealerships sell out of their allocation so that they can get more and continue to seel out..
Creating lists such as this is against the forum policies due to it pretty much negating the Supporting Dealer position if we advertise all their competitors.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but, all this seems to have started because a couple/few people bought Solstice's and then resold them on ebay. Now the dealers are thinking that they are missing out. Is this correct?

We now have MSRP and we have reports of a few dealers who are stating they will sell above MSRP when they are allowed to officially place orders. :mad:

I think from the survey I did a couple of weeks ago that many dealers will find the cars sitting on the showroom floor if they raise the price to high. The car is designed to take on the Miata. It's similar in size and power to that car so if the price is raised outside that price range the cars may sit.

There will be a few who won't be able to wait. And if they want to pay the extra price point they let them. Dealers with Integrity will hold to the Saturn principles and will sell cars. AND THE WORD WILL GET OUT! Be it from this site or from another. Someone will put the info out there.

I for one will not pay above MSRP. I have it written in my pre-sale agreement that the car will sell for a price comparable to a Miata. I should have said sell for MSRP but we'll see what happens.

Rick

·
Registered
202 Posts
brentil said:
Exactly. Anyone who thinks their car is somehow "special" because they paid more money for it will be sorely disappointed. Just ask the 2004 GTO owners who paid $5K+ over sticker only to have the same vehicles go for up to $10K under MSRP at the end of the year (including incentives and GM points).

Just be patient. Good things come to those who can wait.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
brentil said:
Well, I decided to do that, I am now a SKY Free Agent :thumbs: or a Sky Orphan :willy: depending on how you look at it.

Due to reasons I will not go into, we decided to stop payment on the check. This is really sad for me, what was two years ago really good experience when we bought the ION and the Coupe and what we thought was a good relationship with two salesman. Has turned into in my opinion a nightmare of incompetence and deceit.

Besides the :bs:, I simply decided that it since I was not going to pay over MSRP it not make sense to keep my deposit with a Dealer who from all indications believe that it is okay to sell over MSRP.

So I am out shopping again and will be informing people on this list what I find!

Sky Dealer, and Saturn Sales, CDNSKyGUY. Southern California is a great place to live and we need you down here!:)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Okay I am reading more and more into this over MSRP pricing and I will not have this! I am going today to talk to my sales guy and if need be the general manager. I am taking the price list with me and WILL NOT Pay a dime over what MSRP is. If they tell me sorry buddy we are charging this I will definitely pull out on the sale and go somewhere else. I did not need to be the 1st person to receive a SKY in my area and do not even care to be, it was just that i was first person to offer money down and first person to pick what I wanted. The order was placed but I did not sign anything other than the receipt for my $1000 down. This is complete BS that they would take advantage of a car that is limited in production. I would think that they would want to make us customers 100% happy so that we can send possible buyers (of SKY, ION's, VUE's...whatever) to them. I will keep you all posted as to what I find out today!

·
Registered
59 Posts
It seems I too am also a Sky Free Agent... could someone point me to a dealership in the US (don't care where) selling at MSRP and that doesn't have a waiting list 15 people long? (PM is probably better than replying to this thread)

Cheers,
Andrew

1 - 20 of 28 Posts