Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking everyone's guess for someone who is 3rd in line at a meduim sized dealer in MD. Just trying to at least get an idea of how much longer I have to wait.......:willy:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh... if I only reserved sooner... I envy everyone who is first in line ( unless they give me a ride in thier new REDLINE :cheers: )

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm 3rd in line also for a R/L at my dealership:driving: ...I have no idea how it works with the dealers allocation...I know that they my dealer is part of a DCH Auto Group (several different dealerships). When I put my deposit down on (8/5/2006) my salesman did say something about possibly getting it by the end of October......but I didn't believe him:confused:

·
Registered
145 Posts
My dealer is part of the DCH group as well (Massapequa), I'm third on their redline list. The only thing they promised me was that I would get one. When was anyone's guess.

·
Registered
653 Posts
FastEddie said in this thread http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7430 that his dealer got an allocation last week, and one this week. So, it may not be as long as you think. Then again, it could always be longer too. Don't want you to get your hopes up too much! I'd say keep in touch and find out how quickly your dealers get their 1st and 2nd allocations.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Is there any way of getting proof as to where we are in line for the order? I was originally 5th on the list at the dealership I was at, now I'm supposedly next in line for the Redline...I've been holding here for the last 3 weeks.:brentil:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Beyond our dealer/salesman's word, not that I know of. Besides, your order could always change based on given constraints from one week to the next.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I understand that Red Line customer #1 had his order submitted here locally.

I have been told I am #2 but have no order number information (because they have not submitted it since they are waiting to get a call from Regional giving them the green light to submit.)

Knowing this so I make contact only once a month .... and I can see them joking and turning away... it is your customer ...chuckle ... disappear.

I can understand their position ... that is why I repeatly say GM should have a tracking system similiar to UPS. :thumbs:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also have no order info as of yet and I got a OCT/NOV time frame from the dealer... but with the RL rolling off the line so slowly and all the QC checks it seems like it will actually be 2007 before I get one... although one can hope.

·
Registered
54 Posts
im also number 3 on my dealers list. was number 2 but have been somehow shifted to number 3. My dealers number 1 was scheduled for production this week. I believe they have yet to recieve a 2nd allocation but well see. I am actually hoping due to the climate here in chicago it will work out perfect. I would love to recieve the car in feb or march. It seems to be on that track. we are almost into octobers tpw and manual trans is still constrained. although at the current rate of 200 redlines a week and 500 saturn stores it seems every store will get about 1.5 redlines per month assuming the manual constraints are lifted so at that rate it would be 2 months before number 3 would be picked up which would be a tpw of dec then expect about 4-8 weeks from build to delivery I was told. It seems like Jan or Feb deliverys are in our futures. Hopefully this means power seats also.:) :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Is there any way of getting proof as to where we are in line for the order? I was originally 5th on the list at the dealership I was at, now I'm supposedly next in line for the Redline...I've been holding here for the last 3 weeks.:brentil:
I have seen that some dealers have begun to place order data on their website for the SKYS. After seeing this, I suggested this to my dealer, and they just began doing so this week for their 3 location dealer group. Might try making the same suggestion to your dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts