Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm here in Salt Lake City with only one very lucky Saturn dealership.

They have 40 something people on the Sky list with a few on a R/L list. I'm guessing that two lists should really only be one list since the R/L is just an option but I could be wrong.

With a 3 unit allocation each month how long do you think my wait will be after I put down $500 for a R/L? I'm thinking 1 year to 18 months?

Is it true that Mr Lutz has said that all 2007s have been sold out?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
What they said was that production for 2006 (of the 2007 Sky) was already sold as of April 26, 2006 (meaning that orders had been taken that will cover all production supply). Of course, some of those orders may be from dealers without an actual customer.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I was told when I put down my deposit in Apr that it would be a approx 5-8 month wait. I thoght I could last that long but it gets harder every day!:banghead:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
bradyb said:

They have 40 something people on the Sky list with a few on a R/L list. I'm guessing that two lists should really only be one list since the R/L is just an option but I could be wrong.

With a 3 unit allocation each month how long do you think my wait will be after I put down $500 for a R/L? I'm thinking 1 year to 18 months?

Thanks!
Go to Saturn and go to locate a vehicle then call around, I'm sure you can find another dealer that has a smaller list. You might have to drive a bit to get it, but it's worth it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
As Sonny sais to Cher

LA DA DA DA DA and the "Wait" goes on :banghead: I've been doing this for the last month. Hopfully, from what my dealer told me, I will have my Sky before the end of next week. It should be there by the 16th if not sooner. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
SKYtime said:
What they said was that production for 2006 (of the 2007 Sky) was already sold as of April 26, 2006 (meaning that orders had been taken that will cover all production supply). Of course, some of those orders may be from dealers without an actual customer.
Some dealer's ordered for dealer stock, then some will try to get a premium on the car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The wait.

It is Killing me I put down a deposit January 6Th. Imaged in march and now have production date of 6 1 ship date 620? or so we will see. It has been very hard to wait. So I do understand. I am in florida and it is perfect weather now.:banghead:
Ordered Midnight Blue Tan leather, tan top painted wheels and monsoon stereo. LSD

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One year is fine for me. I have to buy another house and and get some things paid off like my current car. Me waiting a year is like GM forcing me to be responsible, plus it helps smooth over the decision with the wife (although she now has more leverage then ever).

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
bradyb said:

Thanks!
You Sky guy's have one up on us Solstice guy's. There are around 450 Saturn dealerships total , but with a year production of around 10,000 Sky's, ( Pretty Good ) but pontiac have 2500 dealership's with 20,000 production. Your list should go pretty fast as long your with a good size dealership.

·
Registered
46 Posts
:cheers: ]

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ChiliSkyVA said:
:cheers: ]
Tan top/tan interior, I would love to see a pic of that.

Thanks.
Brady

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
If you have to wait as long as some of us it could be a year.:banghead: :brentil:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
bradyb said:

Thanks!
I would expect as they go through the list, quite a few of those 40 people will drop off the list. either they will not be able or want to wait, or decide that the car is to impratical or decide that the car is too ugly and purchase a "Honda Element" :D :jester:

I was originally 17 on the list and did not expect to be able to order until July. However, enough people dropped off the list that I oculd of ordered last month if I was not waiting for Blue Stone:D

·
Registered
176 Posts
bradyb said:
One year is fine for me. I have to buy another house and and get some things paid off like my current car. Me waiting a year is like GM forcing me to be responsible, plus it helps smooth over the decision with the wife (although she now has more leverage then ever).
Yes I should wait too but that's not going to happen because I really don't think I can wait. I come to this site and read how others are getting their Sky and yes I am happy for them because I know they are feeling what I am going to feel when I finally get mine. I am trying really hard to :chill: but that is getting harder every day.:rant:

I have to go now and email my salesman :leaving:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Seagull said:
LA DA DA DA DA and the "Wait" goes on :banghead: I've been doing this for the last month. Hopfully, from what my dealer told me, I will have my Sky before the end of next week. It should be there by the 16th if not sooner. :thumbs:
Since you and I have twins, there on the train together.....:lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts