Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud new (well 74) owner of 2008 Red Line. Excited to have found it with 18,854 miles, two owner, garage kept, immaculate Carfax, and absolutely like new. However, license plate light has one side of the mounting bracket broken off, and I discovered it hanging by the wire this morning. It's a GM stamped part, but made in Korea.

·
Super Moderator
5,922 Posts
Welcome to the car and the forum.

I have not heard of that breaking, and am not aware of a source for a new one. Ebay, car-parts.com, and other salvage sources are your optins.

Also, @Hoosier GXP frequently has a lot of odd parts, so if he sees this he may be of help.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Proud new (well 74) owner of 2008 Red Line. Excited to have found it with 18,854 miles, two owner, garage kept, immaculate Carfax, and absolutely like new. However, license plate light has one side of the mounting bracket broken off, and I discovered it hanging by the wire this morning. It's a GM stamped part, but made in Korea.
22689715 is the GM part number. It’s available on eBay and gmpartsdirect.com. Interestingly since our cars were essentially made from the GM parts bin, besides the solstice, it looks like that part was also used on the Malibu Maxx hatchbacks too. I always get a kick looking up what other cars our cars share parts with.

·
Registered
17,514 Posts
It must be a DAEWOO....LOL

·
Registered
125 Posts
The benefit to a common parts bin is "part availability".
Does anyone know what other GM vehicles use the exact same rear brake rotors?
Having readily available parts over a decade later is definitely a plus for a lower production car. The parts bin philosophy allowed these cars to get made and keep GM with a lower cost. I often wonder though, if the parts had been made specifically for the Kappa’s would they have been of higher quality? Knowing GM, most likely not and they would be harder to find. Speaking of parts made for only the Kappa’s the rear brake rotors seem to fall in that category. PN# 15147719, appears to be available as OEM and aftermarket.

·
Registered
439 Posts
The benefit to a common parts bin is "part availability".
Does anyone know what other GM vehicles use the exact same rear brake rotors?
Everything I've looked at (only about 10 minutes of my time), and all of my sources for cross referencing in brakes, seem to suggest that the rotor is exclusive to the Sky and Solstice. Which doesn't surprise me seeing as how they're 280mm and the 5x110 (not very common compared to a 5x112 or 5x114) bolt pattern.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
The wheel bolt pattern is the same as the Cobalt (and some other GM models), so I would think/guess (not know) that the rotors are the same too.

All that aside, there were plenty of places that sold replacement aftermarket rotors, so I don't think they are much of a worry.

·
Registered
17,514 Posts
Why is everyone so worried about parts....they are all available in part bins around the country....just look at junk yards....if they have the car....just call them up and they will get it off that car...GEESH!

·
Super Moderator
5,922 Posts
The wheel bolt pattern is the same as the Cobalt (and some other GM models), so I would think/guess (not know) that the rotors are the same too.

All that aside, there were plenty of places that sold replacement aftermarket rotors, so I don't think they are much of a worry.
The Sky and Solstice are the only crosses I found for each other. The Cobalt (depending on year) crosses to the HHR, G4, G5, Ion, etc.

RockAuto currently lists 14 options for the front and 15 for the rear, in a variety of grades, so you are correct about it not being much of a worry.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I asked about rear rotors because I was hoping to find rear Bosch Quiet Cast rear rotors marketed for a different car. The Solstice/Sky rear Bosch rotors are no longer made. You all have answered my question about that. Thank you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts