Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been #1 on my Dealer list for a month and a half now and I have only been told that when they get an allocation they will call me to finalize my specifics. How long do you guys think I really have? :confused: My deposit went through back in August....what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
I've been #1 on my Dealer list for a month and a half now and I have only been told that when they get an allocation they will call me to finalize my specifics. How long do you guys think I really have? :confused: My deposit went through back in August....what do you guys think?
You need to have an order number. You need to give them all your specifics and they need to have you on the GM DealerWorld system as a Preliminary Order.

You have some work to do with your retailer... :banghead:

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
25 Posts
We put our deposit down for our R/L the May 25. It was ordered Aug 22, and now sitting at event code 3000. I can wait, have four adult children, if I can live through them, I can live through anything:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been told that I won't have an order number until the order is accepted by GM. They have also told me that I can't have an order number until it gets accepted by GM and at that time they will draw a purchase agreement.

I don't know what to believe really, except that my deposit cleared my bank account in August. Shouldn't I have had a purchase agreement then?

My retailer has told me there has been two price increases on the Sky since it's release...is this true?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I have been told that I won't have an order number until the order is accepted by GM. They have also told me that I can't have an order number until it gets accepted by GM and at that time they will draw a purchase agreement.

I don't know what to believe really, except that my deposit cleared my bank account in August. Shouldn't I have had a purchase agreement then?

My retailer has told me there has been two price increases on the Sky since it's release...is this true?
What they are saying is they don't put in preliminary orders. So you are not price protected either. Alot of saturn Dealerships wait untill they have a allocation before they put the order in. I think this is a bad idea from the get go because now you have to pay more for the car. Yes there have been 2 price increases but if he put the preliminary order in you wouldn't of had to pay the increase. Which stinks !!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input....looks like I have some homework to do.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Insist on getting the order number. I made the same mistake and was about to cancel when the salesperson called and said it had been entered into the GM Workbench. Lost 26 days because I was being a NICE guy......

HoldHard

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I concur

:banghead: I totally agree--i wasted 10 weeks while being told "we're waiting for an allocation"---call some other dealers and get your depo back...:thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts