Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey was just checking to see if anyone had an update on the redline and any possible news about when they will go back into production

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
hey was just checking to see if anyone had an update on the redline and any possible news about when they will go back into production

Thanks everyone
Around the middle of October for production to start back up. The fix I'm told is in and they will be running some test cars the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks deluke appreciate that was getting a little worried about the fix on this. sounds great :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Sorry I have to go with October 9th that is also what I heard. They are running some test cars but not regular production right now. I have to go with inside info over a Sky finance guy. Sorry. But my info is uaually right on. And so is MDRedLine's.

I guess we'll find out shortly

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Get R Done

:yesnod:
I have no ideal how it happened but since I jumped too code 3000 and I verified its the car I wanted, color and options :willy:
There going to start production, or have already :cheers:
I might get my redline before winter officially starts December 22nd :driving:
Is it time to start pacing the floor yet? :eek:

TulsaSky
:D

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
:yesnod:
I have no ideal how it happened but since I jumped too code 3000 and I verified its the car I wanted, color and options :willy:
There going to start production, or have already :cheers:
I might get my redline before winter officially starts December 22nd :driving:
Is it time to start pacing the floor yet? :eek:

TulsaSky
:D
They are making a few now but they are for testing.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Sorry I have to go with October 9th that is also what I heard. They are running some test cars but not regular production right now. I have to go with inside info over a Sky finance guy. Sorry. But my info is uaually right on. And so is MDRedLine's.

I guess we'll find out shortly
:agree: :agree: It coinsides with my info.:thumbs:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well, mine's been sitting in QC since this turbo issue started. It was almost out the door and free before they caged it again! :banghead: Anyone have an idea if the cars will get out of QC earlier than production resumes? Also, how long does it take to ship down to florida?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have always assumed that my R/L will be delivered on the coldest day of the year. Thats just the way things go for me.

And yes, I don't give a rat's hynie how cold its going to be...the top is coming down, baby!

T

·
Registered
737 Posts
Production started back on 10/2/06. orders will be pulled and full start back.
Whoooo Hooooo! I feel like a puppy waiting for her master to come home at the end of the day. My tail is wagging and I'm soooo excited. Thanks for the great news!!! :willy: :crazy: :drool: :driving:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Well, mine's been sitting in QC since this turbo issue started. It was almost out the door and free before they caged it again! :banghead: Anyone have an idea if the cars will get out of QC earlier than production resumes? Also, how long does it take to ship down to florida?

Sorry to say sometime the ones in capitivity can be there for quite awhile. This happened with the Solstice and the first Thousand. Some people had to wait 3/4 months for their car. I was around 200 after the first Thousand build and got mine at least a month before around 300 first thousand. They set up a team of around 6 to do repairs. It will go fast if there isn't a back log of alot of cars. and there shouldn't be. If there are alot of cars they could add a couple more teams. That's what they finally did with the Solstice. But they had 1,000 cars to repair.

·
Registered
444 Posts
RLs moving again???

Saw this post from TulsaSky!!

Looks like their RL was born this week and things are back up running??

Its official I have the GM Workbench Copy Fax - Skybaby was born on 10/3/2006 Vin# 1G8MG35X57Y113680 Ready to be shipped.
So all you REDLINERS they are building the cars as I type this, check with you local Dealer.
I am still in the waiting room till it arrives in Oklahoma

This is great news!!!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Saw this post from TulsaSky!!

Looks like their RL was born this week and things are back up running??

Its official I have the GM Workbench Copy Fax - Skybaby was born on 10/3/2006 Vin# 1G8MG35X57Y113680 Ready to be shipped.
So all you REDLINERS they are building the cars as I type this, check with you local Dealer.
I am still in the waiting room till it arrives in Oklahoma

This is great news!!!

They pull regular orders and used them for test cars. They did make a few test cars this week but thats about it. They will go to regular full ramp up production on Monday the 9th.

One good thing it seems like Tulsa Sky's Red Line passed inspection fast because it's available to ship.
:thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
can you ask if this 'fix' improved performance or took it down a notch?

fyi: Monday October 9th is a Federal Holiday ... Columbus Day ...
:)

·
Registered
364 Posts
We're shipping parts

It's Monday the 9th and I'm doing consulting work for a GM supplier...... they are shipping parts today so even if it's a Federal and bank holiday, the assembly line in Delaware should be running.....

HoldHard

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
It's Monday the 9th and I'm doing consulting work for a GM supplier...... they are shipping parts today so even if it's a Federal and bank holiday, the assembly line in Delaware should be running.....

HoldHard
I'm pretty sure they are working also.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts