Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My sky is less than 3 weeks old and is going in for it's second service call. I had it in on Tueday for an oil leak (leaking from near the back tire area)(obviously I'm not a mechanic) They said that it had been overfilled. They drained it, filled it "properly" and sent me on my way.

It's still leaking ... going in today on my lunch hour.

Is anyone else experiencing this??????

·
Registered
692 Posts
Differential Leak ( 1 2)

Check out the thread titled Differential Leak. It may be informative for you and helpful for your service department in diagnosing the problem if they haven't already seen it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry to hear about the leak, had none here yet and yep, I've been looking just in case. Our's has only been with us for 18 days though ... Good luck with todays visit.

·
Registered
444 Posts
KallieKY said:
Hello,

My sky is less than 3 weeks old and is going in for it's second service call. I had it in on Tueday for an oil leak (leaking from near the back tire area)(obviously I'm not a mechanic) They said that it had been overfilled. They drained it, filled it "properly" and sent me on my way.

It's still leaking ... going in today on my lunch hour.

Is anyone else experiencing this??????
Just had mine in for first oil change yesterday and the mechanic had a bulletin on the diff leak and checked it.

Sure enough, it was leaking and I have to go back in for the fix.

It was not leaking to the point of me noticing anything on the floor of my garage, just a little wet around the seal.

I guess this means that we can not assume that everything is AOK just because we do not notice a puddle on the floor.

Easy fix though, no biggie at all!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all,

I've printed off some sheets and will take this with me.

Wish me luck!!
:thumbs:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Best of luck though I think you'll be taken care of. Hope all goes quickly and you're back on the road this afternoon!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
No leaks yet, but, I've been watching just incase.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I have noticed one (literally ONE) drop under the rear end. I wiped it up (I have epoxy floors and they get slick). Have not seen any more....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I've had my Solstice in 4 times for this issue actually. Initial leak at at 5500 miles, had the pinion seal replaced. Second leak at 11,000 miles had the entire differential replaced. 300 miles later it bleed like a stuck pig. Was surprised there was any fluid left by the time I got it to the dealership and they fixed the pinion seal again on the new differential. 150 miles so far with no leaks. I'm pretty sure this last fix for the new differential was because they messed up the pinion seal install on the new differential and it burned up.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I have noticed one (literally ONE) drop under the rear end. I wiped it up (I have epoxy floors and they get slick). Have not seen any more....:rolleyes:
That's ok to have happen. Just because there's drops doesn't mean it's bad. The relief valve could be doing it's job, and relieving excess pressure and possible fluid from the differential. This can happen when the differential is over filled or you're working the car pretty hard.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
brentil said:
That's ok to have happen. Just because there's drops doesn't mean it's bad. The relief valve could be doing it's job, and relieving excess pressure and possible fluid from the differential. This can happen when the differential is over filled or you're working the car pretty hard.
You make me feel better -- it was teh morning after I drove for 346 miles all X-way (ave 70 mph) and about 7 miles at 2mph (I80-94).... Driven hard -- yeah you could say so...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, it was the seal. They are having one overnighted but possibly won't have the new, special lube(???) that they need for it until Monday.
Looks like the camaro will be dusted off for the weekend.

They said I will have it back on Monday.

They were tripping over themselves to make sure I was "happy". I'm not unhappy, things happen. Just need them to make it right so I'm back on the trail!:thumbs:

While you're all cruisin' around this weekend, think of me
tear~deep sigh

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Almost my same story. I am going to have it checked again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.