Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We always hear about inside info from Saturn Plant(as this is a assembly plant of parts, made from other suppliers or GM factories), but how about someone working for a supplier?

How about the plastic mold shop that is making New fascia for RedLines?

How about the leather seat supplier that embroiders the Sky on seats for RedLine?

The Motor plant that builds the Redline Motors?

Wouldn't it be nice to here something like "We just sent to the Saturn Plant 1000 fascia panels for Redline." or We have just completed 500 seats for the Redline and sent them to the factory" or "we just shipped 500 complete Redline motors to the Saturn plant.

You can't build unless you have supplies, isn't there someone who works for a supplier that can give updateds?

·
Registered
420 Posts
maybe there are, but they just aren't on the forum.

there is also perhaps a non-disclosure agreement that employees of some companies must agree to or else they can get fired for releasing inside information.

also, if word got out early to the public without the company wanting it released yet, then the press is for sure going to find out about it and do an article or something, which can have an impact on their PR.

anyways we know that the Redline is coming this Fall, the whole enchilada, and that's good enough for me to know. :thumbs:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sunny you make a good point

All that you said in your post is very reasonable and well thought out.

I have a question for all the people that they have inside info from GM executives or people working in the plant, wouldn't these people be held to a higher standard than there suppliers?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Also reading over the forum policies we do not permit insider information posting on these forums. It's a quick way to get these forums and the person posting the information in trouble, and we would prefer to avoid both.

Also the examples you asked for are items I know for sure GM does not permit to be publicly let out.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Post was really meant as a facetious comment

There is so many answering questions with I have a high up GM executive or my friend works at the plant. I did post to show that anyone that does no for certain could not possibly give that info to anyone. So posts that say they have inside info is just a opinion of the poster and not neccesarily true.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
If you read it on the internet is MUST be true

Eye on Sky said:
There is so many answering questions with I have a high up GM executive or my friend works at the plant. I did post to show that anyone that does no for certain could not possibly give that info to anyone. So posts that say they have inside info is just a opinion of the poster and not neccesarily true.
Or someone claiming insider info may be quoting a soruce that claimed insider info - but may in fact be no more than speculation.

Or it could be pure fabrication - or someone is not entirely familiar with what their employer considers confidential information.

Example from another industry - IBM has a roadmap of chips and products and models etc that are not yet released - I could make some very good guesses and claim that I have insider info without actually having real insider info - based on my past experience with IBM products - and since I do work for an IBM distributor if I told you I had insider info you would be more inclined to beleive me. If my speculation turns out to be wrong I can simply say that the plans changed, or the plant had a problem with yields on that option.

There was another similar thread to this - and it boils down to a few things - forum rules against posting confidential info in order to avoid getting this site, the poster, or the source of the info into trouble. And companies have confidentiality policies in order to protect themselves from everything from embarassment due to inaccurate info all the way to not letting their competition get ahold of info any sooner than necessary.

Just look at what happened a few years ago when Steve Jobs himself announced that Apple woudl ship 3GHz PowerPC Macs within 12 months - surely based on insider info from IBM relating to the plan for such chips to be available - and not only did that not come to pass - but a couple of years later Apple has switched to Intel Chips and a year after that the chips may be pushing 3Ghz.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts