Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of activity in South East and East - narry a peep from Texas to California - What gives?
Ant-ti-cip-a-tion..

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
still waiting for demo in N. Cali. it is shipped but not here. considering when it shipped, it should be here this weekend. Do they deliver on weekends?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Can't answer that one I hope they are truckin' em in, Dam GM ordering system, won't tell you anything but bits & pieces, next time I hear from my dealer it will be on the truck enroute to the dealer. Evertime the dealer calls me I almost have a coronary!! My CAI is in the parts dept, it came in yesterday, will try to scope it out this weekend.:thumbs:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I with you Ernest, my CAI came in yesterday too. Per my dealer, the car was shipped on Mar 6 and they estimate 2-3 weeks :banghead: to get to Seattle, that hopefully puts me into next week sometime. It just stinks waiting, waiting waiting, waiting.....:willy:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I saw truck headed south on 101 in San Jose, CA a few weeks ago with 7 Sky's on it.

Is there anyone in the Fremont Area that can run by the NUMI plant there and see if it is a staging area for Sky's coming off the train?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ernest said:
If it takes 2 - 3 weeks to ship to you, they have to be shipping by rail, agree?
Agreed,

Its not too far out of my way to drive by the staging area it the may rail yard that goes thru Seattle on the way to work. So I've gone by a few times, hoping to get a peek at a lonely Sky sitting amongst the others but haven't seen anything yet. Lots of cars with white protective tape in that parking lot.

Given the wider distances between cities out west, it seems like it would make more sense to send them by train to divvy them up better.

·
Registered
96 Posts
JayZ said:
Agreed,

Its not too far out of my way to drive by the staging area it the may rail yard that goes thru Seattle on the way to work. So I've gone by a few times, hoping to get a peek at a lonely Sky sitting amongst the others but haven't seen anything yet. Lots of cars with white protective tape in that parking lot.

Given the wider distances between cities out west, it seems like it would make more sense to send them by train to divvy them up better.
By the way, I stopped by my dealer to check on accessories the other day. Per his consolidation report, 4 more cars had shipped about a week after mine all destined for the Seattle market (3 dealerships are owned by the same group). Looks like the first wave is upon us over the next couple of weeks.

Can you believe its finally happening:thumbs: ??

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Ernest said:
If it takes 2 - 3 weeks to ship to you, they have to be shipping by rail, agree?

They ship to the nearest train hub.. then transfer to transports.... wow... i keep looking around the chicago area... DONT SEE ONE.... ugh... SkyBaby-07

our nearest hub close to Rockford is Janesville , Wisconsin.... SO.. BENTLEY.. THAT IS WHERE YOUR CAR WILL HEAD FROM THE TRACKS TO THE STREET.. DOWN TO.. 251 SOUTH... THEN UP TO PERRYVILLE.... AND TURN LEFT INTO SATURN AND WAIT FOR YOU.... SkyBaby-07

i was told that the rail cars are perferated...... IS THIS CORRECT?.. not entirely closed?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts