Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am assuming these have not made it into the production process yet. Anyone have any clue if this will still happen for some of the 07 models, or will it be 08 before we see this? Thanks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am assuming these have not made it into the production process yet. Anyone have any clue if this will still happen for some of the 07 models, or will it be 08 before we see this? Thanks.

Just looked on "getting your sky" forum and pretty much found the answer to my question. Thanks anyways!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Just looked on "getting your sky" forum and pretty much found the answer to my question. Thanks anyways!
Would you like to share your information or do we have to go searching ourselves???? :willy: :dunno:

·
Registered
737 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Today is the day the height adjusters were supposed to be going into cars. There were a couple Solstice info bits hinting at this. There's a rumor some might have gotten them before now, but they're all supposed to have it now.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am hoping my car will have the seat height adjusters. My car went to 3300 two weeks ago tomorrow. Based on the timelines others have followed, I suspect it was built this week, but my dealer cannot confirm because they didn't print their status update report last Thursday/Friday.:banghead: :brentil:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
921 Posts
I am hoping my car will have the seat height adjusters. My car went to 3300 two weeks ago tomorrow. Based on the timelines others have followed, I suspect it was built this week, but my dealer cannot confirm because they didn't print their status update report last Thursday/Friday.:banghead: :brentil:
I was at the dealer yesterday to get my monthly status and I believe they have the report printed now.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To HappyAmI above...Sorry a little late, but all I found was that at that time the adjusters were not in production, but would soon be. Looks like all this info. has already made it to this thread.

·
Registered
364 Posts
For those of you that already have your Sky, I wonder what is involved with a retro-fit to put the seat adjuster into the car?

Could this be done at the dealer if you already had the wiring in place?

Interesting.....

(I'm only at 3000 so no worries here..... unless they really jump my order up.... 3 Redlines have shown up at my dealer this week....)

HoldHard

·
Registered
87 Posts
the power seat height adjusters are currently in every vehicle being produced.......all cars produced in early June and after have the new wiring harness to accept the seat adjuster if needed........my understanding is that
you will need to replace the driver's seat to add this.......it is a switch built into to front left side of the driver's seat.......when activated it raises the seat up at a 45 degree angle moving forward.......if that makes any sense...

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
the power seat height adjusters are currently in every vehicle being produced.......all cars produced in early June and after have the new wiring harness to accept the seat adjuster if needed........my understanding is that
you will need to replace the driver's seat to add this.......it is a switch built into to front left side of the driver's seat.......when activated it raises the seat up at a 45 degree angle moving forward.......if that makes any sense...
how many directions of movement does the seat have. You say moving foward and backward, but does it have any other direction of movement? perhaps tilting?

·
Registered
87 Posts
no tilting........u really don't need that with the limited space in the two seater....the height adjuster seems to work well though.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Anyone have a diagram or part number for the seat height adjuster. Price would be nice too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
there is no diagram or part #...........if your car was built in early June or later then u just need to replace the driver's seat with the new style seat(adjuster built in) and plug it in to the harness.

·
Registered
737 Posts
He said they're running, meaning they're currently installing them on cars.

MDREDLINE, did I get it right? heh heh :thumbs:
Thanks guys! I'm trying to learn all this vernacular but seem to be just one step behind! THEY ORDERED MY CAR TODAY!!!! I asked the dealer about the seat height adjuster, and he didn't have a clue. He said they could wait to order my car to see if the seats would be an option. With what I have seen on this forum, I told him to press the little button and order her. I have a hot ticket on it too. :woo: :woo: So do any of you think I should get my car this year or in 2007? Should I start a poll? :lol: I don't think so. Again, I have to say knowledge is POWER! These guys at the dealer wonder how a woman knows so much about the Sky and GM and the ordering, event codes, etc. It is such a kick! :D And it's all because of all of you sharing what you know. THANK YOU!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
429 Posts
I ordered a 2007 Red Line yesterday and they were not sure yet I am 5' 4" and could use it.
I ordered my Redline last week and just spoke with my dealer who was talking to someone at the factory. This person said that she wasn't sure if the height adjustment was being installed yet due to some engineering problem. I have heard so many different opinions that I don't what to believe :willy:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts