Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sunday, June 25th

There is a run down PCH from Huntington Beach (through Newport, Laguna, San Clemente, San Onofre), through Pendelton, and down through the beach communities of Northern San Diego County (Carlsbad, Encinitas, Del Mar). We will end down in San Diego for dinner - at the Gaslamp, or somewhere else. The way back it would be easy to all split up and zip home on the freeway.

Meet at SATURN OF HUNTINGTON BEACH
Located on Beach Blvd, south of the 405
Dealership opens at noon, we will be "Wheels Turning" at 1PM

So far, it looks like SIX SKYs: jdigiant, Robotech, Seagull, Angelqute1, HotRedRoadster and Tolaiz - plenty of room for more to join us - if you have a car or not!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
I'm Game

jdigiant said:
I'm thinking Sunday, June 25th. Here's the concept...

I'll coordinate a run down PCH from Newport Beach (through Laguna, San Clemente, San Onofre), through Pendelton, and down through the beach communities of Northern San Diego County (Carlsbad, Encinitas, Del Mar). We could end down in San Diego for dinner - at the Gaslamp, or somewhere else. The way back it would be easy to all split up and zip home on the freeway.

And, if I could find one of my LA Compatriots to do a morning run from North of LA and ending in Newport Beach for Lunch, then they could end there as we are assembling to take off for the afternoon run. So this is a three-cruise option:

Morning Cruise - LA to OC
Afternoon Cruise - OC to SD
or All-Day Cruise - LA to SD

And there'd be a big gathering of all SoCal SKYs for lunch in Newport Beach. Any interest in the trip? Anybody want to coordinate the morning / LA component?
Count me in "On Any Sunday" :thumbs:

PS just took part of the drive on Memorial Day weekend, going down to Oceanside. :cool:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Sounds like so much fun. What a great drive. I use to go to school down in San Diego and love the gaslamp district for food/fun. I would go but I need my car first- bummer.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
moni6 said:
Sounds like so much fun. What a great drive. I use to go to school down in San Diego and love the gaslamp district for food/fun. I would go but I need my car first- bummer.
Got something else that can keep up? Or would it be too cruel to surround yourself with SKYs when yours isn't in yet?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yeah, that would be too cruel. I may try to get you guys drunk with shots of tequila and take one of your cars home with me :devil:. I don't think my 1997 SC 1 would look that great next to yours.

·
Super Moderator
11,617 Posts
Count me in! That weekend is free so far and I'd love to take the cruise. That and we could compare exhausts. LOL Seriously though, just give us the when (time of day wise) and where to meet.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, that's three at least. Once we're a week out I'll make a comment in the "General" area that will hopefully snag some people that don't necessarily look down here.

And, when I get an idea of the number of cars, then I'll be able to gauge a good-sized starting spot in Newport Beach.

More to follow...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Pm

jdigiant said:
Okay, that's three at least. Once we're a week out I'll make a comment in the "General" area that will hopefully snag some people that don't necessarily look down here.

And, when I get an idea of the number of cars, then I'll be able to gauge a good-sized starting spot in Newport Beach.

More to follow...
You can also PM us with the details. :thumbs:

·
Registered
239 Posts
If I have my car you can count me in......Last time I spoke with the dealer they told me it would be in next week. So if I have it IM GAME!

jdigiant said:
I'm thinking Sunday, June 25th. Here's the concept...

I'll coordinate a run down PCH from Newport Beach (through Laguna, San Clemente, San Onofre), through Pendelton, and down through the beach communities of Northern San Diego County (Carlsbad, Encinitas, Del Mar). We could end down in San Diego for dinner - at the Gaslamp, or somewhere else. The way back it would be easy to all split up and zip home on the freeway.

And, if I could find one of my LA Compatriots to do a morning run from North of LA and ending in Newport Beach for Lunch, then they could end there as we are assembling to take off for the afternoon run. So this is a three-cruise option:

Morning Cruise - LA to OC
Afternoon Cruise - OC to SD
or All-Day Cruise - LA to SD

And there'd be a big gathering of all SoCal SKYs for lunch in Newport Beach. Any interest in the trip? Anybody want to coordinate the morning / LA component?

·
Super Moderator
11,617 Posts
You know, I have an idea. Let's contact our local dealers and see if we can't drum up a bit more interest in the Sky, the community, and the forum.

jdigiant, if you can get a location and time solidified by the end of the day today we could pull this off. Short notice, I know, but let's start something.

Get a date, time, location, and event. Let's plan on ending this somewhere with food. :) Did this once with a bug cruise and it works well if you have food at the end. LOL

Then we can contact the dealers we bought from. jdigiant, you and I both bought from the same "family" of dealers. HB was good with their service and I'm sure Santa Ana was too. I also talk to Riverside fairly often. Think about it...how many customers might be on waiting lists and would have the opportunity to see and maybe ride in a Sky before they buy? (If we are going to be generous enough to let a stranger ride in our cars...I'm game) Then they could also contact other's who have received their Skies as well if they are interested. It would be a great way for the sales people to follow up on their contacts (dealers are big on this) and a great way to get people involved.

We just need details man. Let me know how I can help.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Robotech said:
Get a date, time, location, and event. Let's plan on ending this somewhere with food. :) Did this once with a bug cruise and it works well if you have food at the end.
You know, that's not a bad idea and I think we should do that in July, perhaps. This one I was set on going south, so we're going to end in San Diego - that's a long way from their dealerships.

I was going to start in Newport Beach, but maybe we could start at the HB dealership. Where are they at? can't be too far away...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Beach Blvd.

jdigiant said:
You know, that's not a bad idea and I think we should do that in July, perhaps. This one I was set on going south, so we're going to end in San Diego - that's a long way from their dealerships.

I was going to start in Newport Beach, but maybe we could start at the HB dealership. Where are they at? can't be too far away...
It is south of the 405 on Beach Blvd.

This will be so cool :cool:
I've marked the date on my calender.
Can't wait to hear more on the actual "Where and When" :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
11,617 Posts
Might be too short of a notice at the moment, but yea, let's plan for something like that in mid-late July. That's a good time for a cruise. We need to work on something.

We can do the start at HB Saturn, but it's a really small dealership. Really small. Like I've seen rental car offices with a larger facility than they have. LOL

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Robotech said:
We can do the start at HB Saturn, but it's a really small dealership. Really small. Like I've seen rental car offices with a larger facility than they have. LOL
You've been there - any eatery places around there to grab a bite before we hit the road?

Might pick up a drink to go, too, except the SKY doesn't have any usable cupholders and we'll probably all have to spend 30 minutes getting our tops down... Thank you media for hipping us to these "realities!"

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Me Too

jdigiant said:
You've been there - any eatery places around there to grab a bite before we hit the road?

Might pick up a drink to go, too, except the SKY doesn't have any usable cupholders and we'll probably all have to spend 30 minutes getting our tops down... Thank you media for hipping us to these "realities!"
There are lots of "Fast Food" :cheers: places around there.
Now ALL 3 of my cupholders work just fine. :thumbs:
The two on the center rear are only a problem when you do not have a passenger with you who can twist a little and hand you a drink.
As far as the top,:rolleyes:
I don't need too much time to put it up or down,

Unless I am "socializing" while doing it. :thumbs:

Can't Wait for the 25th. :cool: :cool:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RXMAN said:
Will see you Saturday!
Great! Do you have your car already? Welcome to the forum, too, by the way!

And, it's SUNDAY, June 25th.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts