Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, gang...

There are all kinds of photos posted here on the forum, but does anybody have any line art of the SKY? I'm looking for either outline drawings or colored "cartoon" type drawings or anything...

I'm looking to have some patches or other items made, and it is so much easier to work from line art than photos.

I've done some searches but struck out...

:dunno:

If you've got, please share!

Thanks!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hey, gang...

There are all kinds of photos posted here on the forum, but does anybody have any line art of the SKY? I'm looking for either outline drawings or colored "cartoon" type drawings or anything...

I'm looking to have some patches or other items made, and it is so much easier to work from line art than photos.

Thanks!

I had seen in the past lineart for some that had done some patches for local Kappa Clubs, with the Sky and Solstice on it and they looked awesome...

Some were just of each and other had Sky and Solstice on it...

I will do a search and see what I come up with.:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
GRinLR,AR

Forum member does art and is good at it...Skip....Remember???

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Line Drawing

Robert of Windrestrictor has a great line drawing he uses for laser etching on his windscreens...you might want to contact him...for a possible purchase or collaboration...the latest Sky brochure from Saturn has a wonderful side view of the Sky that can easily be turned into a line drawing...good luck...let us know what you develop...:cheers:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hey, gang...

Thanks!
My camera may be able to do that...I'll give it a try and post you one tomorrow.
I also have software that can digitize any picture into an embroidery.
If you have a picture you like post it and I'll send you the conversion.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
My camera may be able to do that...I'll give it a try and post you one tomorrow.
I also have software that can digitize any picture into an embroidery.
If you have a picture you like post it and I'll send you the conversion.
BTW your Avator really Sucks! :lol:

·
Registered
351 Posts
My camera didn't do the trick...I must have had some software that cartoonized the picture. I'll have to look for it.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
How is this? It it what you are looking for?

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How is this? It it what you are looking for?
No, I've seen that silhouette...

I was looking more for drawings of the whole car - pen and ink or something. And with a normal "as you see it" view. Maybe like a drawing from the owner's manual showing the lines of the car.

With digital photography, nobody seems to do drawings any more...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How About Something Like This?
There you go. Something like that. I'd prefer the whole car, of course, and I'd like to see different amounts of detail drawn in... But something like that is exactly what I am looking for. We need to start building a library of that stuff so we can do our own logos and flyers and such...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Is this what you are looking for?

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is this what you are looking for?
Something like that. But when you convert a photo, the software puts all the static in the background and lots of fuzz around the lines... Let's keep the word out and maybe somebody has drawings in a repair manual or something...

·
Registered
804 Posts
How about this one. It also has a ton of background surround, but I can do one with just the car too. All the art is vectored lines so you can change or delete any part of the picture you want.

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
Or here is one I did in grey scale. It was taken from the Sky wallpaper at Saturn.com. Again, every shade is vecored lines so you can delete or change any color. I can make the art more simple, or more exact. If you have a photo of a car without the background I can do just the car too. I don't have photoshop at home to work on removing the background, but if need be I can do it at work.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts