Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get my new sky transported to me. The shipper is telling me they can't find a driver because the ground clearance of the Sky is too small to put on regular ramps. They want me to go to covered transport (which I know has definite advantages) for an additional $600. Just curious if anybody else has encountered this problem. Thanks!!

·
Administrator
7,918 Posts
Well, Central FL to Las Vegas is a bit of a haul, and work tends to get in the way of fun all the time!
That is a pretty good reason to want transport.....

People have had Skys (and Solstices) transported, but I cannot recall anyone discussing details. That said, if the brokers are telling you what you need, you probably want to listen and, in my opinion (which is worth almost what it is costing you) enclosed transport would be worth the $600. The covered transporters are also more likely to handle more expensive and more delicate cars, so they may also take better care of yours.

·
Premium Member
08 Redline. RPM"s CAI, charge pipes, Intercooler, CAT delete & ECM Tune. DIY tunnel brace. ProBeam.
189 Posts
Last year, I had my 08 RL shipped from TX to MI. I went on one of the broker sites and fielded about a dozen calls from different transporters in the following hour. No one had an issue with the sky. Not a single mention of it.
I ended up booking through Nexus Auto Transport and they booked it on
Carrier Company Name: MJ Auto Transport Inc..
Carrier Email: [email protected].
Dispatch: Cristina M. (586) 693-7078.

Good luck with the transport and be ready to give it a bath. Man, she arrived dirty!
Driver had to park on main road and off load my car there due to the size of the transporter it was on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last year, I had my 08 RL shipped from TX to MI. I went on one of the broker sites and fielded about a dozen calls from different transporters in the following hour. No one had an issue with the sky. Not a single mention of it.
I ended up booking through Nexus Auto Transport and they booked it on
Carrier Company Name: MJ Auto Transport Inc..
Carrier Email: [email protected].
Dispatch: Cristina M. (586) 693-7078.

Good luck with the transport and be ready to give it a bath. Man, she arrived dirty!
Driver had to park on main road and off load my car there due to the size of the transporter it was on.
Thanks for the info! It may be time to switch up the transport company.

·
Registered
58 Posts
LOL My new ride is on a transport as we speak, from San Antonio to Las Vegas. VERY low mile vehicle with former fuss budget owner. He watched every step of loading and sent photo's of the entire process. There was no clearance problem with mine. Backed on all the way to right behind the cab.
Delivery today, Mothers Day, we"re excited!
I will follow up soon if the was any clearance or other transport problems.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Delivery went pretty well. No damage whatsoever. It wasn't really too dirty either, but did have oil dripps from old dually crew cab that was above it it. Bath took care of the problem. It was a day later than quoted.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Delivery went pretty well. No damage whatsoever. It wasn't really too dirty either, but did have oil dripps from old dually crew cab that was above it it. Bath took care of the problem. It was a day later than quoted.
Glad to hear your delivery went so well! I'm still waiting for a driver... I will keep you all posted if I ever get my Sky!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts