Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All --

This is the first time I've seen this forum, and I'm assuming it's the main source of Sky knowledge / gossip / etc etc on the web ...

For a while now I've built fast cars, and I am eagerly anticipating the arrival of the Sky as a beautiful new canvas.

I understand from browsing this site that there are already a number of FI kits for the Sky, whether it be from the Soltice or some other Pontiac application. However, I am looking to make some serious power and I was thinking along the lines of a GT35R (or 30R). Are there any such 'kits' currently available as such?

It would be great if anyone had a breakdown of exactly what engine the Sky will use - I apologize for such newbistic requests, please if I simply missed a link somwhere, redirect me and I will check it out. I ask because I am very interested in the stock dynamic intergrity of the Sky's bottom end - what's forged or cast, etc.

In any event, thanks for checking my thread out, and I appreciate any input. :)

-Ryan

·
Registered
478 Posts
I don't believe there is any FI kit available today. The Hahn turbo for the Sol is expected to be available in a month or so and I don't know of any others. I assume by kit you mean an entire system, ready to install including an ECM reflash.

The Sky's engine is the Ecotec 2.4L VVT.

The Redline and Sol GXP, when they come out, will use the Ecotec 2.0L turbo.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The rods are forged, the crank is cast.

There aren't any kits currently available, but I am in development of one that will be available for retail sale. It's not coming with a GT30 or 35R, but would be upgradable to that turbo if you desire. I could possibly sell you a 'stripper kit' with just the things you'd need and you would need to get it tuned. Nothing is available today, but as developments are made Approved Vendor Status will be obtained so that full details can be released on this forum.

The Hahn kit is probably also going to be available, but it uses a Mitsubishi Super 16G and you seem interested in a Garret dual BB.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Mallard said:
The rods are forged, the crank is cast.

There aren't any kits currently available, but I am in development of one that will be available for retail sale. It's not coming with a GT30 or 35R, but would be upgradable to that turbo if you desire. I could possibly sell you a 'stripper kit' with just the things you'd need and you would need to get it tuned. Nothing is available today, but as developments are made Approved Vendor Status will be obtained so that full details can be released on this forum.

The Hahn kit is probably also going to be available, but it uses a Mitsubishi Super 16G and you seem interested in a Garret dual BB.
Thanks for the info!

The Sky ECU - what systems does it use? MAS, MAF? Where can I get more information on it? This will be my first foray into OBDII tuning - I have a lot to learn. I'd like to know if the system is capable of simply throwing a piggyback on it, or whether it would require something more along the lines of an Emanage, or something else. I'd like to stay away from any standalone although I have a feeling I won't be able to avoid it. :)

So the Hahn kit is an E16G? Are they using an EvoIII 16G or the newer one? Will it come with a custom turbine housing flange or what? I'll search for info on that kit. I'm not set on the Garrett duel BB setup, although it would be nice. As far as MHI units are concerned, I'd consider something along the lines of a TD06/20G, other than that possibly a T66 ectetera. As of this moment I don't know enough about the Ecotech unit to match the best turbo to it.

The forged rods are good - the cast crank worries me. I'm assuming forged pistons as well? How about the main - 2-bolt, 4-bolt? I don't know what the compression is, but perhaps in making a custom forged crank I can de-stroke the engine as well.

The 'stripper kit' you have - what is in that kit? Headers, fuel, piggyback? You don't have to tell me any 'trade secrets' :)willy:) but don't worry, I don't at this point plan on selling my setup, I just want to make a big number Sky. :cheers:

In any event, I'm so sorry for asking so many basic questions. Thanks for answering them! :jester:

-Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts