Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ordered my SKY I sat down with the salesman and went over all the options from top to bottom on what I guess is an order sheet. He then figured out the taxes and there was a license fee and a processing fee ($45 and $35 respectively). I was told that when GM was ready for my car order, they would call and confirm all the options I asked for with me (as they put it, make sure I still want everything and that I'm happy with the color choice). I have a copy of this order and it's signed by my salesman and myself. The order has the total cost to finance and everything. I felt that everything was taken care of.

Now that I've read all these horror stories about paint sealants and other misc. dealer charges, I'm worried that the final cost I was quoted isn't my final cost. I'll be sure to call my dealer (or go in) and check on this as soon as possible. My question is this, has anyone who placed a custom order and had a price given to them on a signed piece of paper had any problems with last minute add-ons? I have no reason to doubt my dealer as my family has dealt with the sister (Cadillac) dealership with no problems, but with this being my very first new car purchase, I'm getting a bit paranoid.:willy:

Thanks all!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Plenty of stories on here of dealers doing exactly that...

The bad dealers are probably by far in the minority, but the demand for the Sky seems to have brought out the worst in some Saturn dealers. The "old days" seem to be dying fast as far as they are concerned. Hopefully your dealer is one of the good ones.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just interested if it effected custom orders too... guess so. Dang. I don't see how they could possibly do that if I've signed a paper with a price on it. I know to some an extra thou. or so isn't that much... but it would likely break me. Heck, I'd just barely talked myself into the chrome wheels on the way to the dealership because of the price... then I forgot about the taxes and that was a $1400 shock... The worst part is, people are falling over themselves to get the car, and the dealerships and the consumers both know that it's no skin off of their nose if you don't take the car, it'll sell that day most likely... especially a sexy black one with premium red interior :cool: :jester:

Thanks for the feedback!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts