Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone install a CAI on an auto?

thinking about it but i dont know if it will be a huge difference on the auto...

·
Registered
337 Posts
No Difference No Problem

Hey Bro.....there will be no difference with install of the CAI on the Automatic....The transmission has nothing to do with the intake of the Sky...If you are interested in installing it yourself there are several places on this forum to find that information.

Also you have a few CAI options....

You can go with GMs version or Kappasheres version...There may be some others coming out but I haven't noticed any others.

There are plenty of pics on this Forum showing both.

Personally the Kappasphere CAI is cheaper, has a shorter tube and allows the air to flow more directly into the intake...both look great but the GM has a far greater bend and longer tube which tech wise would slow the air just a tad. The best is a ram air intake like most would know because the air is directly injected....the straighter the air flow can flow into the intake the better.

Hope that helped out some.:thumbs:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cai-auto?

so are you saying that getting a CAI, will give the sky with auto, a kick?

by the way redsky, my first car was a 65 rambler classic.... still miss that car too.....

·
Registered
804 Posts
It will give you a few more ponies and a more grumble sound.

·
Registered
10 Posts
skybuy said:
Anyone install a CAI on an auto?

thinking about it but i dont know if it will be a huge difference on the auto...
I have an automatic sky and I just installed the Kappasphere CAI. I have noticed more kick in accellerating then before. Also the sound is much better.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sorry if this was posted before...i'm not car savvy, how much does it cost to get this installed by the dealer?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts