Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if Saturn will be starting a club for Sky owners, or is anyone else thinking of starting one... maybe call it "Sky Owners of AmeRica (S.O.A.R.)
What do ya think?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Canadians can get their own club like
C.A.R.S. Canadian Automotive Roadster Society or
SUN - Skys Up North

Or we could do one togethere
North American Sky Car Association of Roadsters - N.A.S.C.A.R. wait.. no that's taken

How about.
Canadian American Roadsters - CAR

well.. maybe.. just
Automovie Sky Society
Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sky_vue said:
Canadians can get their own club like
C.A.R.S. Canadian Automotive Roadster Society or
SUN - Skys Up North

Or we could do one togethere
North American Sky Car Association of Roadsters - N.A.S.C.A.R. wait.. no that's taken

How about.
Canadian American Roadsters - CAR

well.. maybe.. just
Automovie Sky Society
Just a thought.
I like the nascar one... Dang 56 years too late for it though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I say there should be a cheap modern roadsters club. Invitees are any owners of Miatae, MR2 Spyder, Sky, and Solstice.

Would be a blast! And probably help a lot of folks get over their import/domestic bias when they could see and experience other cars :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jerome81 said:
I say there should be a cheap modern roadsters club. Invitees are any owners of Miatae, MR2 Spyder, Sky, and Solstice.

Would be a blast! And probably help a lot of folks get over their import/domestic bias when they could see and experience other cars :)
Question... Is "Miatae" plural for Miata? sort of like Mice is plural for mouse...LOL
just wondering...

That would be fine but I would also want an exclusive Sky club or a Kappa family club...There is just something special about being in a club where everyone has the same kind of car... Being in a Corvair club it can be special when the whole group goes to a cruise in or car show together ....

·
Registered
432 Posts
classic66vair said:
Question... Is "Miatae" plural for Miata? sort of like Mice is plural for mouse...LOL
just wondering...

That would be fine but I would also want an exclusive Sky club or a Kappa family club...There is just something special about being in a club where everyone has the same kind of car... Being in a Corvair club it can be special when the whole group goes to a cruise in or car show together ....
i like both ideas. you can have more than one club.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I thought I was already in a club. Isn't this website enough?

Just my 2 cents, but I'm not too crazy about SOAR, sounds too much like SORE. Due to the small size club, I would highly recommend combining both Sky and Solstice for the club. A good example is the Nissan 350Z and Infiniti G35 clubs of Mid-A. Both are mass production cars (compare to Sky and/or Solstice), and are abundant in Mid-A region, and Mid-A region is huge, but the turnouts are not as high. Again, just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Whynot said:

Just my 2 cents, but I'm not too crazy about SOAR, sounds too much like SORE. Due to the small size club, I would highly recommend combining both Sky and Solstice for the club. A good example is the Nissan 350Z and Infiniti G35 clubs of Mid-A. Both are mass production cars (compare to Sky and/or Solstice), and are abundant in Mid-A region, and Mid-A region is huge, but the turnouts are not as high. Again, just my 2 cents.
Something like a "kappa club"?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whynot said:

Think of it this way, when those people in their Miatas and Mr2's see our Skys and Solstices they will be really SORE thay can't SOAR with us... :banghead:
You can't Soar with the Eagles if your Driving a real TURKEY!!!
just a joke.....

·
Registered
242 Posts
:cheers: :cheers:
classic66vair said:
Just wondering if Saturn will be starting a club for Sky owners, or is anyone else thinking of starting one... maybe call it "Sky Owners of AmeRica (S.O.A.R.)
What do ya think?
sounds like a winner..........count me in. to: S.O.A.R. :cheers:

·
Registered
242 Posts
A JOINT CLUB SOUNDS A LOT BETTER...IT WOULD BE UNIQUE TO SAY THE LEAST. WHO WOULD EVER GUESS? WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOU ALL ON THE OPEN ROAD. :D :cool: :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
sky and solstice club would be cool... it would be hard to get a lot of people together at once if it was only 10,000 people in the club, rather than 30,000, right? and make it so Canadians can join, as well :mad: none of this "just America" business...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
101jinx101 said:
sky and solstice club would be cool... it would be hard to get a lot of people together at once if it was only 10,000 people in the club, rather than 30,000, right? and make it so Canadians can join, as well :mad: none of this "just America" business...
I never said it would be a club just for people from the USA....uh last time I saw Canada was part of North AMERICA........or do they not like being associated with the United States of AMERICA....Gee stop being so sensitive....
Being a Member of CORSA (Corvair Owners Society of AMERICA) we have members world wide (even Canada) and I don't hear any of them complaining about the name AMERICA.....

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
This is a good idea. We could also create a national vin registry to coincide with membership. Including members from all over the world that might want to attend any planed events would only make the experince that much more fun. You could make regional/state/country/ect catigories with in the club. Just my thoughts on the subject better that we all get along than stand alone. :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
One thing is for sure...WE ALL WANT THE SKY! Where ever we are we will be sky owners at some point in time. A worldwide club would be great...A name will come with time. And, I guess eventually...So Will our beloved SKY. :D USO-Universal Sky Owners. Might as well add my two-cents. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
sky_line said:
One thing is for sure...WE ALL WANT THE SKY! Where ever we are we will be sky owners at some point in time. A worldwide club would be great...A name will come with time. And, I guess eventually...So Will our beloved SKY. :D USO-Universal Sky Owners. Might as well add my two-cents. :lol:
Having stopped at one or two around the world now I am pretty sure there would be a trademark issue with "USO". We will have to keep trying.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts