Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just like it says. I found some things on line saying a MSRP of 26-28k but don't know if it's true.

·
Registered
96 Posts
dtbrown said:
just like it says. I found some things on line saying a MSRP of 26-28k but don't know if it's true.
everything I have seen states the price should come in between 3k and 5k over the base sky, so that would be within the price you mention give or take a few hundred.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
IndySkys said:
everything I have seen states the price should come in between 3k and 5k over the base sky, so that would be within the price you mention give or take a few hundred.
The GXP is suppose to be between 4,000.000 and 5000.00 over the base Solstice. ( Per Bob Lutz ) But the GXP also has alot of options standard which you pay for with the base Solstice. ( around 2500.00 )
Now the sky has more standard options then the Solstice. So I would say it should be around the 3,000.00 to 3,500.00 more for the red line then the base Sky. But they said they will release the price this summer. End of June to end of September. Take your pick.

·
Registered
29 Posts
But still does anyone know when Saturn is scheduled to release the price? I have seen it said as early as the end of June and as late as August. Any good solid Month???

·
Registered
29 Posts
Once they release the List price wouldn't they also begin production?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
No, it doesn't have to work that way. But I would expect the Red line to start production the same time as the Solstice. The start of production is unofficial right now so I was asked not to say anything. There can still be quality issues that can hold it up. We have to just wait ans see as it get's closer to production.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Iwant1 said:
But still does anyone know when Saturn is scheduled to release the price? I have seen it said as early as the end of June and as late as August. Any good solid Month???
They said this summer. Take your pick of the month.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Plant switch over is the first two weeks of July, so we know nothings going to be built till after then at least.

As deluke said also (and a huge issue we had at the SolForum) even if you think you have a "solid" rumor/info bit on the release date it does not mean it'll happen. The GXP/RL have new changes and a new engine over the base car that has never been used before. If some sort of issue popped up (like with the Solstice) then production dates might slip.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
No price on GXP yet either

I woudl suspect that when the pricing on the GXP is vailabel on the pontiac.com website that Red Line pricing will either also be available or at least be easier to guesstimate.

In another thread folks have been reporting that Saturn has been calling them to ask what they do and do not like about the car - could be for model year 2008 changes but I wonder if it could be for Red Line as well.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
The GXP is suppose to go into production the middle of August, around the 20th. I would expect the Red Line to be about the same time frame. Now remember, this is only if there are no quality issues that arise.

And if they start in that time frame, we should start seeing GXP's hit the dealership's maybe around the last week of September or October.

It would seem the Red Line SHOULD be close to the same dates. but my info came on the GXP.

·
Registered
202 Posts
...and they still have a problem with the automatic transmssions...

We just got in a SKY day before yesterday but have been asked not to sell it due to some issue with the automatic trans. I thought this was fixed a month ago or so but I'm no tech so I don't get to see all the bulletins.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
GMinTheDriveway said:
...and they still have a problem with the automatic transmssions...

We just got in a SKY day before yesterday but have been asked not to sell it due to some issue with the automatic trans. I thought this was fixed a month ago or so but I'm no tech so I don't get to see all the bulletins.

Ya, I know. Hope this doesn't hold thing's up with the GXP but it's better to have it correct.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Right now a comparable Solstice to a base Sky is around the same price (I think it's within $500). The Redline has a few features that are NOT standard on the GXP. Read the product guides. The big ones. Leather Trim Package (not the seats but the rest of the package), Brushed Metallic Pedals, and the expensive A/C. Yes, A/C is NOT standard on the GXP. So expect the GXP to be about $1000 less than a Redline. So if the Solstice is $20k, the GXP is $25k (per Lutz comments), the Redline begins at $26k. Which is a $3k mark-up. I expect a loaded one to go for a tad under $29k, but they could reach $30k.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
Right now a comparable Solstice to a base Sky is around the same price (I think it's within $500). The Redline has a few features that are NOT standard on the GXP. Read the product guides. The big ones. Leather Trim Package (not the seats but the rest of the package), Brushed Metallic Pedals, and the expensive A/C. Yes, A/C is NOT standard on the GXP. So expect the GXP to be about $1000 less than a Redline. So if the Solstice is $20k, the GXP is $25k (per Lutz comments), the Redline begins at $26k. Which is a $3k mark-up. I expect a loaded one to go for a tad under $29k, but they could reach $30k.
My dealer and I figured mine out using the prices right now,

If 4,000.00 over 27500.00
If 5,000.00 over 28500.00

This is a automatic,leather,and almost loaded.

No onstar,no 6disc but with the cd/MP3 but also with the monsoon,only the polished wheels no chrome, and no XM.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts