Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I missed something, but initially it seemed everyone was getting ramped up around the end of June, and several people had preliminary orders for RLs, but none had full fledged orders yet. Has anyone had an actual order go through, or does anyone know when we should expect to be getting orders to go through? I'm sure I am kicking a hornet's nest with this question, but I am curious what the current word is....

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Nemesis said:
Maybe I missed something, but initially it seemed everyone was getting ramped up around the end of June, and several people had preliminary orders for RLs, but none had full fledged orders yet. Has anyone had an actual order go through, or does anyone know when we should expect to be getting orders to go through? I'm sure I am kicking a hornet's nest with this question, but I am curious what the current word is....
I would expect possibly mid to late July to start getting accepted with a Possible mid to late August build.

·
Registered
637 Posts
placed order June 26th...

I placed my order ($1000 deposit) on June 26th...the sales manager confirmed that the car would be available within 3 months.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That early? Sounds like you got a preliminary order like the others. In other words, they took down what you wanted and entered it, but it will not go into the system for awhile. I wish I atleast had the confidence of a preliminary order. At this point, I am still waiting. My Dealer said they would be trying to get a RL to go through and as soon as it did, they would call me in to change the order to my liking. I was able to speak with the GM who is wonderful. The Dealer has been great through the whole process so far. I have been hanging around the dealership since back in Aug '05 when they had the base sky prototype in the showroom. I was the first to sign up for a base sky, only to drop the 1st up position on the base list for 1st up on the redline list. I live in mid NC and I am hoping to get the RL before it gets too cold here.:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
No dealer can say when they will get a red line, they don't know. They are guessing. There are only going to be around 40% of total Sky production will be Red Lines. But with the late start of production probably around 3,000/3,400 Red Lines will be producedfor 2007. Some dealers might not get one for 4/6 months. You will know when they start getting picked up and get TPW's.

The first GXP's were picked up 6/22/06 and that was only around 150/200 max if that. But no TPW'S yet .And thats with the production of the GXP'S being around 5500/6500. Not a good percent for first allocation.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Nemesis,
Where are you in NC? I'm at Lake Norman and the Winston Salem area. I'm ordering my RedLine from Charlotte.

·
Registered
4 Posts
RedLine Orders

I spoke to my dealership today 7-5-6 and they STILL do not have any RL allocations!! They think by month-end they may have one, yes (1)! I gave them a deposit a few months ago and at that time there were (17) people in line (in line - means waiting for an open allocation) for the Sky. There was only (1) person in line waiting for a Redline allocation.. That makes me #2 in line waiting for the Redline allocations to open-up! If someone out there thinks thay have "ordered" a Redline then their dealer has mislead them!! They cannot order a car without an "Allocation" and as of "today" allocations are still on hold....

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Leonardo said:
I spoke to my dealership today 7-5-6 and they STILL do not have any RL allocations!! They think by month-end they may have one, yes (1)! I gave them a deposit a few months ago and at that time there were (17) people in line (in line - means waiting for an open allocation) for the Sky. There was only (1) person in line waiting for a Redline allocation.. That makes me #2 in line waiting for the Redline allocations to open-up! If someone out there thinks thay have "ordered" a Redline then their dealer has mislead them!! They cannot order a car without an "Allocation" and as of "today" allocations are still on hold....
They are talking preliminary orders. But yes these can be placed ! You don't need an allocation to place an order. You just have to wait for the order to get picked up by GM after the preliminary order goes in.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Small World

NCRedLine said:
Nemesis,
Where are you in NC? I'm at Lake Norman and the Winston Salem area. I'm ordering my RedLine from Charlotte.

I am in Greensboro, I am ordering from Saturn of Greensboro(they're awesome). I guess it's a race! I'm betting you will get yours first because Charlotte is a larger city. What options did you choose? I am going silver pearl, no spoiler, black leather interior, manual, alloy wheels, black top, single-disk stereo upgrade with XM. I floundered over the spoiler, and black paint for months, but finally came to this conclusion. Good to hear I'm not the only person in NC going crazy over the RL.:thumbs:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Nemesis,
The options I chose are in my signature at the bottom. Did they tell you where you were on their list? We'll have to get together once we get our Red Line's!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Leonardo said:
I think that you are also mistaken about Red Line "allocations". I believe for the Sky (unlike the Solstice) there is no separate Red Line dealer allocations... just Sky allocations, with the Red Line being an option. There IS the stated limit by GM of 40% maximum number of Red Lines...

What is holding us up now, and will be in the future is whether your dealer has an open allocation that they want to fill with YOUR order, and whether anything you are ordering is on constraint (which the Red Line currently is).

Any dealer heard anything differently about Sky vs. Red Line allocations?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NCRedLine said:
Nemesis,
The options I chose are in my signature at the bottom. Did they tell you where you were on their list? We'll have to get together once we get our Red Line's!!
I am #1 on the redline list. I was on th RL list before there was an "official list". The dealer actually called me in to order the 1st base sky because they had gotten an image. I had to make the decision then and there, so I passed and told them to hold my deposit and put me first on the RL list. They are just waiting on an allocation/image now. They have not asked me to come in for a prelim order though. You think I should say something?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yeah I would. My salesman entered it in the computer and I got a prelim order number just like many, many others on this site as well.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Axel said:
I think that you are also mistaken about Red Line "allocations". I believe for the Sky (unlike the Solstice) there is no separate Red Line dealer allocations... just Sky allocations, with the Red Line being an option. There IS the stated limit by GM of 40% maximum number of Red Lines...

What is holding us up now, and will be in the future is whether your dealer has an open allocation that they want to fill with YOUR order, and whether anything you are ordering is on constraint (which the Red Line currently is).

The Sky is still an option and the Solstice an Allocation. I think it would of been easier for the Sky to be a seperate allocation myself. When the constraint is lifted, it will interesting to see how they are going to give out the Sky Red Line option to the dealerships.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
:cheers:

Hello!!!

Y'all remember that the latest word on RedLine's being picked-up is that they will start to be around the 3rd week of July which puts them being built at the end of August and delivered to Dealers mid September.

*Delivery times are estimates based on how long it has been taking regular SKYs to go from "picked-up" to delivered to retailer. :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Axel said:

This has got to get messy down the road. There's only two ways Saturn can manage the RL as a constrained option. 1) For a specific allocation week, they only make 500 (or however many) cars available and lift the RL constraint so that all 500 become RLs. 2) They put a limit on the RL option of 20% (or whatever percentage) so that only 20% of that weeks allocations get to be RLs.

So, if that's the way it's going to work, here are the issues:

- In scenario 1, how does Saturn determine which dealers are assigned an allocation for the week of 100% RL allocations?

- If scenario 1 is the way Saturn handles this, there could be many weeks between RL allocations unlike the Pontiac scenario of smaller amounts of cars being allocated regularly.

- In scenario 2, with every dealer trying to get RLs, how does Saturn/GM determine which orders get the "20%" of the allocations that are available as RLs?

Bottom line is that this is as "black box" as the Solstice 50/50 formula. I'm guessing that the folks at Saturn corporate are politically assigning RL's just like the product management team at Pontiac. I guess it'll all be clear once the first couple of weeks of RL allocations take place.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
BarryH said:
This has got to get messy down the road. There's only two ways Saturn can manage the RL as a constrained option. 1) For a specific allocation week, they only make 500 (or however many) cars available and lift the RL constraint so that all 500 become RLs. 2) They put a limit on the RL option of 20% (or whatever percentage) so that only 20% of that weeks allocations get to be RLs.

So, if that's the way it's going to work, here are the issues:

- In scenario 1, how does Saturn determine which dealers are assigned an allocation for the week of 100% RL allocations?

- If scenario 1 is the way Saturn handles this, there could be many weeks between RL allocations unlike the Pontiac scenario of smaller amounts of cars being allocated regularly.

- In scenario 2, with every dealer trying to get RLs, how does Saturn/GM determine which orders get the "20%" of the allocations that are available as RLs?

Bottom line is that this is as "black box" as the Solstice 50/50 formula. I'm guessing that the folks at Saturn corporate are politically assigning RL's just like the product management team at Pontiac. I guess it'll all be clear once the first couple of weeks of RL allocations take place.
It will be interesting how they do it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
SKY Spy said:
:cheers:

Hello!!!

Y'all remember that the latest word on RedLine's being picked-up is that they will start to be around the 3rd week of July which puts them being built at the end of August and delivered to Dealers mid September.

*Delivery times are estimates based on how long it has been taking regular SKYs to go from "picked-up" to delivered to retailer. :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:
That sounds about like what my sales person told me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts