Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has had a cracked windshield and had to have it replaced? I was on the freeway and was trying to pass a truck full of gravel and just as I was going around a huge rock hit my windshield and cracked it.:mad: I have tried to be sooooo careful while driving, almost anal about things, so I was so mad that this happened. I live in an area with a lot of truck traffic. I think I can get it repaired but I was curious what the cost of a new windshield was for the Sky.

·
Registered
18,468 Posts
i always remain a professional distance with this car...but as they say "S--t Happens". If it is going to happen it will...Murphy's Law. By the way, for those who r interested in Murphy's Law, it is more than just a few lines and quite interesting....just an aside

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Contact Sky Baby, she had to due to gravel truck. She can give you the scoop.

·
Registered
945 Posts
On a trip across I-87 into connecticut last june a gravel truck presented me with a similar souvenir

Allstate had a guy come around and he fixed it so well you can not even tell where it was done

get it fixed right away

·
Registered
410 Posts
I had mine replaced and the windshield had to be ordered from the factory. The price was 444.00 if I can recall. I waited about two weeks after it happened and mine spread to about 6 inches. If its about the size of a dime, the "windshild doctors" might be able to do something while its still young. Also, after you do get it replaced, please check the surrounding gasket for leaks with your hose or pot of water:cool:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had mine replaced and the windshield had to be ordered from the factory. The price was 444.00 if I can recall. I waited about two weeks after it happened and mine spread to about 6 inches. If its about the size of a dime, the "windshild doctors" might be able to do something while its still young. Also, after you do get it replaced, please check the surrounding gasket for leaks with your hose or pot of water:cool:
Thanks for the info! :) From our 105 degree heat the crack turned into a run across the windshield in only 2 days. Looks like I'll be forking over the dough for a new one. :mad: After only 3 weeks of having her.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Just curious if anyone has had a cracked windshield and had to have it replaced? I was on the freeway and was trying to pass a truck full of gravel and just as I was going around a huge rock hit my windshield and cracked it.:mad: I have tried to be sooooo careful while driving, almost anal about things, so I was so mad that this happened. I live in an area with a lot of truck traffic. I think I can get it repaired but I was curious what the cost of a new windshield was for the Sky.
You should have gotten the liscence plate number.. and have your insurance take care of it.. My mom did that and they took care of it.:willy:

I always stay clear of trucks with gravel or even trucks in general,... they seem to spit gravvel rockets... sucks that happened though.:mad:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
in mi you can get you wind sheild replaced up to 3 times a year and olny pay your deductable and the insurance company can not rase your rates
They charge you a ded? We have free glass replacment. I guess thats just an Az thing? And they cannot raise or cancel you just for that either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts