Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
It looks photoshopped to me. It may, however, be what someone was building to take to SEMA. If so, they'll have to remove the roof any time they want to get into the trunk...

My company sends a whole crew out to SEMA every year. I'll ask one of the guys to take pics of any Solstice or SKY that's there.

·
Registered
246 Posts
reedred said:
It looks photoshopped to me. It may, however, be what someone was building to take to SEMA. If so, they'll have to remove the roof any time they want to get into the trunk...
Why would they want in the trunk? :D

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like it's a GM SEMA showpiece, at least that's what a GM Press Release says..... I am too lazy to dig up the article and press link off of GMI.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
It's the GM SEMA car. It has the GXP front nose with an intercooler that can be seen at the bottom.

GM will showcase a race-inspired concept of the critically-acclaimed Pontiac Solstice, complete with removable hard top, at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas on Nov. 1-4. Dubbed the Weekend Club Racer, this concept built by GM Performance Division shows how a racing version of the car might be configured.

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
DuSpinnst said:

Anybody see this? I grabbed it off of another thread on another board. I think it's a SEMA Solstice, don't know if it's GM, Mallet, or someone else.
http://us.tnpv.net/2005/WKA200510/WKA2005102545320_pv.jpg

Holy Sheet!! That's Hott!! Damn, whatever they did with the front end, and the rest, make the bland curves of the solstice rock and make my mouth water. Like it already does with the Sky. So probably seeing any mods for the Sky will make me fall apart at the seems or explode. :willy:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Oh,.. and, If that's a photoshop edit,... My hat's off to the fellow graphic designer who did that. I don't see any blurry lines or smudges that are ussually all over photoshopped fakes. So, Im not 100% sure, but it might be real, i don't know, but its kool

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Slade said:
Oh,.. and, If that's a photoshop edit,... My hat's off to the fellow graphic designer who did that. I don't see any blurry lines or smudges that are ussually all over photoshopped fakes. So, Im not 100% sure, but it might be real, i don't know, but its kool
According to the Solstice Forum, this is the GM "Weekend Club Racer" and will be part of GM's SEMA display.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Slade said:
I got my copy off of a GM image distribution site linked from the Solsticeforum.com. They're GM official images.

As mentioned that front end looks like the recent images of the GXP model doing laps at the Ring in Germany. You can also see an intercooler poking out the bottom too.

I just found a rear view image as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
actually, it's from the new videogame "LA Rush".. I believe that's the name of it.

They just had a short segment about the videogame on MTV, and they showed the exact photo as posted here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
Looks like it's a GM SEMA showpiece, at least that's what a GM Press Release says..... I am too lazy to dig up the article and press link off of GMI.
Was that the one where someone (?) called it a Solstice "weekend racer" on the GM Inside News forum?

·
Registered
6 Posts
brentil said:
It's the GM SEMA car. It has the GXP front nose with an intercooler that can be seen at the bottom.
Looks like the notches behind the front wheels are functional in this version. And are those cooling ducts in front of the rear wheels, too. On the rear view can you see some vents in the hood similar to the Sky?
Lose the big wing and I'll take it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
gives me hope

If the sol can look good with ground effects, roof and spoiler, I can't wait to see the sky with the same! its going to be a HOT car.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Photoshopped......there's A Blue "sky" Similar To It On This Site With The Hard Top.......pretty Cool Too!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Although the roof will make a trunk almost useless, it sure makes the car look even MORE Kool!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Well just remember this is a weekend racing concept, the roof is for racing purposes, not daily driver purposes. It can be used for that but as mentioned it makes it harder to get to the trunk, if not impossible.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts