Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ran across Turtle Wax's new Ice wax product at my local automotive store. I stopped to take a look at it and it's a liquid not a gel. I didn't get it because I figured it wouldn't be as good or strong as normal wax. Has anyone tried this and if so how is application and the finished product? Is it worth buying?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hmmm....

Not sure how good that product is. Sounds more like a poilish really. I used to detail for a living. One product we used was an industrial version of a polish (same exact ingredients) you can get at your local Kragen(Checkers...) or even Walmart. Its called Kit Scratch Out car polish. It's a little yellow bottle. This stuff is so good its rediculous. It will not fade the rubber parst of your car. Its a polish not a wax so I always recommend a wax after. But... This stuff will get rid of every ounce of swirl marks on your car and is as slick as can be. I swear by it. Goes on easy...comes off easy.

+

·
Registered
102 Posts
Turbomus Prime said:
I just ran across Turtle Wax's new Ice wax product at my local automotive store. I stopped to take a look at it and it's a liquid not a gel. I didn't get it because I figured it wouldn't be as good or strong as normal wax. Has anyone tried this and if so how is application and the finished product? Is it worth buying?
I have this product and love it!! Works great for protecting agents bugs and stuff in between washes!! Got protect that clear coat!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I used it a few times. Worked well enough... But I wasn't that impressed with the depth or duration of the shine. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but doesn't hold a candle to Meguires Tech wax IMHO.

The one huge benifit that the ICE has going for it... you can apply it in direct sunlight. (I don't get much shade at my place so I wax really early, or really late) :D

NOTE: I haven't tried the ICE since I clayed the car... I guess I'll have to try ICE again.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I use it after every drive. Takes me about 5 minutes for the whole car. It's looked so good I've only done real washes twice in 10 weeks and I'm fanatical about it being clean. Of course I don't drive mine when storms are expected so she's usually just a little dusty or has bugs on the front.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Ken said:
Not sure how good that product is. Sounds more like a poilish really. I used to detail for a living. One product we used was an industrial version of a polish (same exact ingredients) you can get at your local Kragen(Checkers...) or even Walmart. Its called Kit Scratch Out car polish. It's a little yellow bottle. This stuff is so good its rediculous. It will not fade the rubber parst of your car. Its a polish not a wax so I always recommend a wax after. But... This stuff will get rid of every ounce of swirl marks on your car and is as slick as can be. I swear by it. Goes on easy...comes off easy.

+
Zymol is great stuff........

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
i clay bared mine and ICE WAX it i love the stuff so far its the best i have useed dosnt leave white stuff on the car and u can apply in direct sun. it is awsome stuff in my book and i show my past trucks in show so ive used almost all of them @ one point or another

·
Registered
197 Posts
Goes on easy.
Seems to stay kind of 'wet'.
Also seems to let dust stick more.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Turbomus Prime said:

ICE is the only thing I use. Works great. Easy to apply and buff out. I use Maguire's car wash since it won't damage the clear coat. I liked the ICE since you don't have to buff it out with the strength of a gorilla. Some how that sounds like you could be damaging the finish. With the ICE it's easy and it leaves a mirror finish. I recommend it! :thumbs:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Like many people I've used many polishes and waxes. I've always felt Turtle Wax products to be mediocre at best. However, I figured I'd give Ice a try on my '08 Sky Redline and I was really impressed!

I clean my baby almost weekly and this weekend was the 1st time I tried it. I had a mirror like shine. Since it says its a "polish" and many have posted it is not durable I followed up with Meguiar's NXT Spray Wax.

I had some pictures, but my car is black and it so shiny no one can really tell what color it is in the pictures because it reflects all the light.

A few things:
1. I used Turtle Wax "ICE Car Shampoo" its great!
2. Make sure u have no water spots. ICE Polish coats them & they become difficult to buff out.
3. Its completely safe on trim, lenses. No white residue or powder when you buff it off.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Another Good Product

I have used the Turtle Wax Ice product and it works good. But then I found another product that I like better. Mothers Gold Detailer. Its a spay detailer like Ice. No residue and gives a great- deep shine. Try It :cheers:

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've always been skeptical of the clear wipe on polishes. I did get talked into the ICE to put on my 2002 Avalanche since I didn't want to put a lot of work into it (after all, she's an old dog with 108,000 miles).:thumbs:

I tried it out and couldn't believe how well it brought back that deep blue shine, really added a lot of depth without the work of the waxing. I especially like the ICE because it can be used on the whole truck, including the plastic body cladding. Very impressed. Haven't tried it on the Sky RL but am sure it will do great. :D

FYI - It is sold in both a clear liquid and a paste. :cool:

·
Registered
991 Posts
I use the TW ICE all the time. It is easy to get a great shine...even on my midnight blue. It does seem to stay kind of wet, but don't let that fool you because I have "sealed" in dirt pieces and they are hard, almost glued on after the ICE cures:eek: I will see if I can find the KIT Scratch remover stuff because I seem to never really get all the swirls off...some still there after my dealer gave me a free detail without asking. They meant well I guess:confused:

·
Registered
289 Posts
I was thinking about ordering a "kit" from perfectautofinish.com (supporting Vendor) or just going out and buying some off the shelp products. My car is black and I want something that will NOT leave swirl marks. I"m going to start at the bottom and wash with regular dish soap to remove all the old wax. Anyone with a dark color car have any suggestions and if anyone has used the PAF products does it leave swirl marks at all? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I was thinking about ordering a "kit" from perfectautofinish.com (supporting Vendor) or just going out and buying some off the shelp products. My car is black and I want something that will NOT leave swirl marks. I"m going to start at the bottom and wash with regular dish soap to remove all the old wax. Anyone with a dark color car have any suggestions and if anyone has used the PAF products does it leave swirl marks at all? Thanks.
I have used the PAF products from day one on my silver graphite. I even think I ordered the paint sealer and poly spray before I got the car. I think they are the best products I have used on any of my cars. Easy to use and the paint looks fantastic - deep 'wet' look. A little dusting and then a bit of the detail spray when I get home in the evening and the car looks great.

I highly recommend the PAF line of products - good stuff!

:D

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks for the info! My may concerns (having a black car) are the swirl marks. I also want a wax that protects good also. Is the detailer spray one taht can be used in the sun?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the info! My may concerns (having a black car) are the swirl marks. I also want a wax that protects good also. Is the detailer spray one taht can be used in the sun?
I have a black Sky RL. U can see the shine I have in the gallery photo. Unfortunately during my first wash I swirled my clearcoat because I used unwashed mitts. I HIGHLY recommend using microfiber washing mits and NEVER drop them on the ground or your doomed. I recommend the 2-bucket washing method.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I used the liquid Ice last weekend. I really liked the shine it created.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts