Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting together a wishlist of parts for my new baby and I'm unsure what to do about the exhaust. I think I want to stay with a single tip exhaust system, and the one on KappaSphere looks nice, but would it work on our cars?

What other exhaust solutions have you all tried or heard of?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I will be getting the dual exhaust as soon as my dealership can get it ..... and getting the CAI in the fall. SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
476 Posts
We just mounted the Solstice exhaust to our Sky for sound clips, and in my opinion, it looks pretty good. It has more of a tuner look though being one single tip. We are working on making a tip style specificaly for the sky however. Hopefully we will have something made up in the next month or so. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
SpecRaceM5 said:
We just mounted the Solstice exhaust to our Sky for sound clips, and in my opinion, it looks pretty good. It has more of a tuner look though being one single tip. We are working on making a tip style specificaly for the sky however. Hopefully we will have something made up in the next month or so. Stay tuned.

I'm guessing it sounds just like the solstice clips with that exhaust?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SpecRaceM5 said:
I'm anxious to hear the clips! I have no desire for a dual-exhaust. I'm not using forced induction, so I don't feel I need the extra breathing capacity.

I'm really glad to hear you're working on a tip specific to the SKY (I emailed you all about it the other day and didn't hear back so I feared the worst). Please make the tip angular (obviously) but also take the design of the car into consideration. The pics from Borla's system has an oval tip with flat sides and I'm not a big fan. If you had an option for a stock looking tip, I'd be all over that.

·
Registered
476 Posts
usmc said:
I'm guessing it sounds just like the solstice clips with that exhaust?
The differenece is we are having our soundclips done by a video audio company instead of in house.

I'm really glad to hear you're working on a tip specific to the SKY (I emailed you all about it the other day and didn't hear back so I feared the worst). Please make the tip angular (obviously) but also take the design of the car into consideration. The pics from Borla's system has an oval tip with flat sides and I'm not a big fan. If you had an option for a stock looking tip, I'd be all over that.
We are very busy at the moment, and there are a few new people. Neil is very busy and I am here to help. You can send your emails to me and if I cant answer I will forward them to him. Either way we usualy try to respond to all emails or calls within 24 hours. As for the tip design, we have a few different thoughts, but as always, we want to hear your opinions on the matter seeing as we are making the products for you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SpecRaceM5 said:
We are very busy at the moment, and there are a few new people. Neil is very busy and I am here to help. You can send your emails to me and if I cant answer I will forward them to him. Either way we usualy try to respond to all emails or calls within 24 hours. As for the tip design, we have a few different thoughts, but as always, we want to hear your opinions on the matter seeing as we are making the products for you.
I'm sure you all are very busy and I didn't mean to imply that I was being ignored by any means.

I've been planning to buy several items from your company for a while based on design and good reviews. I have faith that the tip will look good. The fact that you're designing one from scratch and not digging into a parts bin is reassuring.

·
Registered
476 Posts
haylcron said:
I'm sure you all are very busy and I didn't mean to imply that I was being ignored by any means.

I've been planning to buy several items from your company for a while based on design and good reviews. I have faith that the tip will look good. The fact that you're designing one from scratch and not digging into a parts bin is reassuring.
Oh I hope you didnt feel I was implying anything. I was just trying to let everyone know that they can email me with any questions to help relieve Neil of some of his work load. The more difficult questions that I cant answer will be passed on to him.

We have sent our stock tip out to be reworked and have a new one designed.

·
Registered
78 Posts
SpecRaceM5 said:

The tip did look very odd when i was installing the lowering springs a couple of days ago. but it sounds so nice, But where is the cold air intake????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts