Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I read everyone's post about "getting the call" from their dealer to place their order. I've been on the Redline waiting list at my dealership for many months. I finally got "the call" on Thursday.

Indeed, the GM of my dealership said my time had come and they were about to put in my formal order. Normally, that would be exciting enough.

Unfortunately, I had to tell the GM to skip to the next person in line. Stupid housing market in Florida has left me with two houses, each with a mortgage. I hope the Florida house sells soon so I can get my Redline!

To the next person behind me in line at my dealership: you're welcome. :)

- Jeff

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Ouch. That really sucks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It is not just the market in Florida. The market is stagnet all over.

·
Registered
351 Posts
It is not just the market in Florida. The market is stagnet all over.
Florida has big problems. Homeowners insurance rates are sky high. My neighbor just got his bill for $7000. House prices are highly inflated which caused property taxes to increase and lots of folks are thinking about moving out of state.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Yup, I warned many friends that were into the "housing market" & the crazy sheet bout "Buy property man you'll never lose any money" I told 'em to bail out now while you can cash in--yea right, property was Sky high (no pun intended) -Some listened, others are now scrambling to refinace, sell, many will be foreclosed with all the stupid silly financing schemes that people fell for. Time to pay the piper those who gambled on 2,3,4 or even 5 houses would make them money--:nono: You still could, even here in Florida, but It depends on where you live--location location location--Its now a 'buyers' market. They will make an offer, if fair TAKE it and run, esp if the financing on that building is a screw job, (you'll never see the title)--Finally, insurance WILL always be a problem Here in Florida. Until us owners here in florida make our homes hurricane proof--it will stay high for our life time. I have already spent thousands on my building making that happen-But you know what? they are still raking my me over the coals, and even tho we had all those hurricanes the last 2-3 years, I have not put in 1 claim--We could of put claims in, but if my house does not get blown away, with the deductibles they now screw us with, if damage is not 10-20K better to eat it, that way I can still get insurance--or some type of insurance-could put in claims and into FEMA but that is another thread and a llllooonnnnggg sore subject with me--:nono:

·
Registered
450 Posts
where in Ft. Lauderdale? PM me with details. I have a friend looking to buy.

karen

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow that has to hurt, did you consider letting them place the order. You would still likely have a couple months to unload the house......
Rustyknight,

That thought had crossed my mind. If the car came in and I still hadn't sold the house, I couldn't bear to let it go to some other owner. The only option would be to drop the house's asking price significantly enough to ensure the house was sold in time to purchase the car.

I am having a hard enough time convincing the wife that the Sky is a good thing. I would certainly not be able to convince her to sacrifice the house's asking price, just for the sake of buying the car on time. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts