Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is: are the stock wheels on the Sky, aluminum, on backorder??????? I just got off the phone with the dealer, you all know I have been waiting since I put my deposit down 14 months ago. He just told me that my red Sky with cloth interior, automatic and stock wheels is on hold for an extended period.

I trust what I hear on here before any dealer up there. Can someone give me the heads up on this please.

Thank you for any insight into this new block

PS--I did put in a search here to find answers before I asked and did not come up with anything.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The painted wheels have been on hold for several weeks now.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Painted are the standard wheels - you can upgrade to polished or chrome for more $$$.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I put my deposit down for a Std. Sky in Late May. In July I was told that the painted wheels I had ordered were not in stock and that if I wanted to expedite delivery, I'd have to change to non-standard wheels. I went with the chrome (about 850.00) and got my baby two weeks ago. Silver Pearl with chrome looks awsome :cheers:

I've got my car for the perfect time to drive a drop-top in Alabama, it looks better with the chrome.....and I'm done waiting. Well worth $850.00 :thumbs:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I just switched from painted to polished wheels for the same reason. My order would not be picked up by GM with painted wheels. Noone seems to really know how long the painted wheels will be on constraint.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My question is: are the stock wheels on the Sky, aluminum, on backorder??????? I just got off the phone with the dealer, you all know I have been waiting since I put my deposit down 14 months ago. He just told me that my red Sky with cloth interior, automatic and stock wheels is on hold for an extended period.

I trust what I hear on here before any dealer up there. Can someone give me the heads up on this please.

PS--I did put in a search here to find answers before I asked and did not come up with anything.

Painted wheels are on constraint so the dealers will go to the next person on the list who doesn't want painted wheels. My order would have been delayed too if I had not upgraded.

·
Registered
444 Posts
:confused:

Kimberly, I would upgrade to the optional wheels as the painted standard wheels have been on contraint for many many many months with no relief in site!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Me too

I was told the regular wheels were on back order. I jumped 8 people when I took the chrome wheels and was told 2-4 weeks for delivery.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Way back in March when I ordered the constraint was on chrome wheels so I want polished. Either are real good choices. Pick polished or chrome you can't go wrong. Let me tell you this the polished are great but will take alot more cleaning than the chrome.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The dealer finally entered my order to GM yesterday. They asked me which wheels I wanted. I assumed the RL had 2 choices, polished or chrome. I chose "whatever it normally comes with" with the assumption they would be the polished aluminium and not the white painted ones.

Does the RL come polished aluminium (ligher weight than chrome btw) standard?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts