Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went on my bi-weekly visit to my dealership today just to say hello, and I happened to ask the sales rep if they were taking any orders for the RL. Not that I plan on getting one. My Silver Pearl is just around the corner--but I was curious nonetheless.

He said they weren't taking any orders until GM announces pricing. Was this just the salesman blowing smoke, or is he on the up and up? Inquiring minds want to know.............:cool:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
If you want it get someone to get you on a list and get a preorder in with a deposit. I'd bet that's your only way to make sure you'll get one.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Just preorder lists, dealer & 1st images aren't due out till July. My dealer has 7 on the order list, last I heard. No list for me as usual, dealer image. BTW Kathy will order her AURA this month as dealer and first images are due in end of May. WOOHOO for Kathy, yup!!! She will be one beautiful ride, 4 section panoramic roof, 6 speed auto w/shift buttons on the steering wheel, 19 in chrome wheels with a leather interior, dual center exit exhausts, 280 hp or thereabouts, and enough bells and whistles that would make a Caddillc/Lincoln owner envious. It is gonna be a real HOOT!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I heard some dealers are treating the RL as just an option for the Sky and if you have a deposit and are on the list for the sky you will have first shot at the redline.... which to me is only fair...

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I heard some dealers are treating the RL as just an option for the Sky and if you have a deposit and are on the list for the sky you will have first shot at the redline.... which to me is only fair...
They are treated as separate entities here two totally different lists. Say howdy to the Mrs. for me will ya? You are both still in our prayers, buddy!!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Yep...treated as seperate lists at my dealer, too. So far, only 1 person on the list...I could have been #2, but I wanted a guarantee in writing, that there would indeed BE a #2 car, and that I would definitely get it...and the dealer could/would not make that guarantee, so I passed. I'll have to content with my regular Sky for now. Might consider a RL for 2008, though. :D

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
SkyRaider said:
I went on my bi-weekly visit to my dealership today just to say hello, and I happened to ask the sales rep if they were taking any orders for the RL. Not that I plan on getting one. My Silver Pearl is just around the corner--but I was curious nonetheless.

He said they weren't taking any orders until GM announces pricing. Was this just the salesman blowing smoke, or is he on the up and up? Inquiring minds want to know.............:cool:
I know at most Pontiac dealership they are taking orders already for the GXP. I have mine in as of Thursday the 27th of April that is when they were able to go into the VOM.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My question, How can Saturn even talk redline production when they can't produce a regular Sky, I have been waiting since Sept 2005, deposit is in, got an order # and been stuck at 030 since the 1st of April, can someone please answer my question.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Talked with the General Manager yesterday, and they are still not able to put in orders for Redlines yet.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
drbob said:
Talked with the General Manager yesterday, and they are still not able to put in orders for Redlines yet.
That's really a bummer ! I thought they would maybe come out the same time as the GXP.

·
Registered
276 Posts
From what I understood, the RL will come out at the same time as the Sol turbo. Dealer orders will not be accepted until mid July and first deliveries should be late August. I'm supposedly #1 on a local dealers list.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Way2Fast said:
From what I understood, the RL will come out at the same time as the Sol turbo. Dealer orders will not be accepted until mid July and first deliveries should be late August. I'm supposedly #1 on a local dealers list.
The thing is though as is being said here, Pontiac dealers have the info in the system already for the GXP and can build orders. They're just not getting picked up by GM yet. From what I'm gathering Saturn dealers can't do this yet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I put a deposit down today, and I'm 4th on the Redline list at my dealer. Maybe I'll get mine about this time next year. (Hopefully saying this in a joking way...)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Dealerships (or their parent company) are treating the RL differently. The dealership close to my parents (Houston, TX) is treating the RL as an option. The dealership close to me and its sister dealerships (Indianapolis, IN) have created a separate list for RL. I'm on the list at both dealerships, #7ish in Houston and #1 in Indy.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
If they do it like the Solstice they will be seperate allocations. And 40% of the 2007 Solstice is suppose to be the allocation for the GXP's. But it comes out around 2/3 months after the Base 2007 Solstice, So the first year probably around 5600 GXP. If the Red Line follows the same ordering, you will see around 3000 red Line the first Year.

It should be treated as two seperate list if they do it right like some people have stated.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I think it sucks that those that put deposits/orders on RL's after I put my deposit down on the regular Sky might get their cars before me. :mad:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Buzz Lightyear said:
I put a deposit down today, and I'm 4th on the Redline list at my dealer. Maybe I'll get mine about this time next year. (Hopefully saying this in a joking way...)
Check around with other dealers, and get more orders in if you can, try to get priorty 1 or 2 on the list. Otherwise you might not see it untill fall or winter of 2007 which will be a 2008 modle. There will probably only be around 3,000 Red Line's made in the model year 2007 .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts