Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see who is getting tinted windows (pics would be great) and how much they paid...

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
mine has them tinted but its @ the dealrship right now so cant post pics..

cost 175 for me that was 5% on the 2 sides and rear and the front 50% whole windshield ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Must stay within states vehicle laws

New laws this year have cause lots of folks to remove their tint. Seem some people opt for the limo tint and you can't see into the auto. However, I don't mind the privacy but now states are not issuing inspection stickers if it doesn't pass. My friend paid around 300 for his tint job and 150 to remove it. Bummer. If it doesn't come from the factory installed, I caution it. Would love to have them on my RL when it gets here.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I agree with the above comment...

Generally the laws vary state to state, but a good thing to remember is just because someone will install the tint in your state/jurisdiction does not automatically mean it is legal. Check your laws before asking for the "limo tint job" otherwise you may get tickets and/or fail state inspection.

On a happier note, I'd love if people would post pics of their tinted window. Anyone with the baby blue "mercedes" tint?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Yes

Yes Serenity's has tinted windows, Mayhem will to, AURA as Limo Tint, back and rear side windows, legal limit on front. Gotta have it in this Texas Heat!!! Thinking about having a dark strip tinted at the top of Mayhem's windshield, as the visor's aren't all that great. Make her more sinister!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Cayenne has window tint

My husband had the dealership tint the windows as a surprise for me before delivery. It cost $199 and they did a fantastic job. I agree with Ernest - can't live in the Texas heat without window tint!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have dark tint on my Montero and it makes it real hard to back up at night with the windows closed as all the residual light reflects off the tint. For this reason I was debating on whether to tint the windows in the Sky when it comes in. If there are any visibility issues then I'd probably forego it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have the tint as well $165 will post if i can ever figure out why its not letting me. :cool:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
i have the little sticker saying its compliant ;) even tho its not :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
If I get mine this century, I am going to tint mine up 5% on rear and 50% on the sides (legal). It will set me back about 200 for 3m color stable

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Special dealer prep package

My dealer had an "adendum"(which says on the sticker: you don"t have to have it.....but if you don't they sell it to someone else and you wait for the next car) and it covered tint. pinstripe,special coating on the exterior and interior blah ,blah, blah.....
The tint and the pinstripe were $400.00 each.
Yeah , thats right, $400.00. This is not a limo!:banghead:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Living here in Arizona its a must. Paid about $200. got legal on the sides and limo black on the back....:thumbs:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Around here, for cars with windows like the SKY to get it very well done is about $200, which is also what I paid for my Tib

·
Registered
482 Posts
I don't see the point of tinting the side and back windows. The side windows are always in the doors and the back window is in the trunk......what's the point?

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
%5 Tint on mine and I did it myself. I will try and post some picutes soon.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mine are tinted. See photos in My Gallery. Really helps with heat as well as glare. About $110, I think.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am planning on getting mine tinted if I ever get it. And thanks TX-SKY for the pics

·
Registered
131 Posts
MIne are tinted I agree with everyone else from Texas in this HEAT you need that little bit extra.:cool:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Had a friend last week get pulled over for missing his inspection sticker.
Officer gave him 7 days to get a new one or pay the fine.
Went down the street to our favorite inspection place and they tested his tint.
Did not pass. He was pissed. This was a used car bought at Troy Aikman's Ford dealership.
We drove down to the next inspection place (4 miles down the street). They checked his tint (same gizmo) and they passed it with no problems.

Just letting people see that not all places have equipment that works correctly.
If your not sure they are right, go somewhere else.

We returned to the first inspection station and got our money back. They happened to be a franchise place. So they could not dispute the other places reputation.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts