Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that whenever I read a review about the sky the is always a complaint that you can't just throw the top over your shoulder at a light? They b#$%h that they have to actually get off there a#$

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The issue is one of weather. What happens when it suddenly starts to pour and you are driving the vehicle? Ever have those random sun showers hit ya'?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I live in orlando..thunderstorms every afternoon now..takes 30 seconds to put the top back up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not talking bout owners but car reviewers that are test driving for there rag on nice sunny days.It's not that big of deal to stow the top, what 20-30 seconds at most? Is it any wonder north americans are so fat? I'll gladly get out if it means keeping the looks of this beutiful car,doesn't seem to big of deal.

·
Registered
225 Posts
sky_lark said:
Not talking bout owners but car reviewers that are test driving for there rag on nice sunny days.It's not that big of deal to stow the top, what 20-30 seconds at most? Is it any wonder north americans are so fat? I'll gladly get out if it means keeping the looks of this beutiful car,doesn't seem to big of deal.
hey bud just because some reviewers are complaining abotu something you don't agree don't go attacking an entire continent. i'm only 20 and work out 5 times a week and don't mind the top issue one bit coming from a jeep right now. i agree people should not complain as much. but watch what you're saying.

·
Registered
166 Posts
sky_lark said:
Yea but you'll be driving with the top down only around 2-3 months a year way up north in Canada so it's not that big of a deal. For someone who lives in someplace where there is 7-8+ months of top down weather those couple minutes of putting the top up can be pretty annoying. When you're in stop and go traffic on the freeway where you can't just jump out of the car and stow the top and it's pouring you'll understand what the problem is. It's a matter of convenience and doesn't necessarily mean they're "lazy".

·
Super Moderator
11,445 Posts
Heck, I can get the top up in 10 seconds WITHOUT getting out of the car (except for the buttresses and closing the trunk naturally) enough to keep the interrior relatively dry. I bet with a bit of practice I could even get the trunk closed again without getting out and possibly get the driver's side buttress stowed. At least that would buy you enough time to get to the side of the road and secure the other butress.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A little touchy Brent? All I'm saying is I haven't read one good thing in anything I've read about the top, yes in a sudden shower it would be a bit of a pain but that's not what the reviewers are talking about, there complaint is thay have to get out of the car to stow it unlike the mx-5,and I'm glad you take care of yourself but on average north americans and that includes canada are the fatest in the world

·
Registered
225 Posts
sky_lark said:
A little touchy Brent? All I'm saying is I haven't read one good thing in anything I've read about the top, yes in a sudden shower it would be a bit of a pain but that's not what the reviewers are talking about, there complaint is thay have to get out of the car to stow it unlike the mx-5,and I'm glad you take care of yourself but on average north americans and that includes canada are the fatest in the world
2 things: one it's not brent. two i'm not touchy i just hate when people who aren't fat and lazy get the blame for bad parents who let there kids get ridiculously overweight. and i'm done. wahoo for the sky.

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
MattBrenner03 said:
hey bud just because some reviewers are complaining abotu something you don't agree don't go attacking an entire continent. i'm only 20 and work out 5 times a week and don't mind the top issue one bit coming from a jeep right now. i agree people should not complain as much. but watch what you're saying.
I'm sure he didn't mean everyone. Just referencing the fact so many americans have thier own personal zip code. :eek: :lol: Just kidding, but seriously, if you gotta complain about getting off yer butt and manually doing something that takes 30 seconds to do, you're doing something wrong with your life (those with a handicap or med condition ignore this). My parents have an automatic top on thier mustang, its nice. But getting out of your sky to put the top down might give you an extra incentive to check out your brake lights and turn signals while your at it. I dunno, just a positive way to look at it i guess.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
sky_lark said:
Why is it that whenever I read a review about the sky the is always a complaint that you can't just throw the top over your shoulder at a light? They b#$%h that they have to actually get off there a#$
First off the reviewers iffen you have read any other posts on this forum are bias against roadsters that you have to actually do something with. The ME-a-ter is so easy and made the fat butt reviewers easy to write an article about. The Sky takes a little work to drive it and put the top up un and stow things in the trunk. But if I had to do it all over again I still would have bought a Sky and not some ME-a-ter. Skip... this fat butt can put a top up in 30 seconds and still have time to talk......:cool: :cool:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
For me, the impeccable lines of the rear of the car with the top down are easily worth the price of having to get out of the car to raise and lower the top. But I only have to raise the top when I wash it, or on extremely rare occasions (Not counting washes, top has been up about five times in the two months since I have owned the car, and I drive it just about every day.)

So, I have to raise or lower the top about once every two weeks. For me, I can handle getting out of the car to preserve the styling with the top down.

Now, if I had to raise or lower the top every day to deal with passing thunderstorms, well then...

The impeccable lines of the rear of the car with the top down would still be worth the price of having to get out of the car to raise and lower the top.

At least to me.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hey anyone can throw a piece of crap over their shoulder -- and it remains there for everyone to see.
If you invest 30 seconds you get the stunning SKY

·
Registered
203 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Hey anyone can throw a piece of crap over their shoulder -- and it remains there for everyone to see.
If you invest 30 seconds you get the stunning SKY
Amen to that, Rick!

I had a '66 Fairlane convertible. It had a power top, which I could put up in 20 seconds . . . but THEN I had to crank 4 windows! Total time was . . . soaking wet!

·
Registered
517 Posts
HiredGun said:
Amen to that, Rick!

I had a '66 Fairlane convertible. It had a power top, which I could put up in 20 seconds . . . but THEN I had to crank 4 windows! Total time was . . . soaking wet!
I had a corvette with the single top, 1985. That was ten times harder to put back than the skys top. And heavy as heck too. And taking it off still didnt make it a convertible. I love the sky top and wouldnt want it any different.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Top-O-Matic

Those of us who remember the TR3s and MGAs might remember that it was easier to thatch a roof over the car than assemble the "folding" top.:brentil:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I hope you guys know how to close your trunks the right way, One hand on each "hump" while closing it, or risk cracking it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
illness said:
I hope you guys know how to close your trunks the right way, One hand on each "hump" while closing it, or risk cracking it.
I close mine with one hand in the middle of the humps not on them with no prob yet.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well i really suggest that you use 2 hands, Its been known to crack by pushing with one hand in the center if pushed too hard. I'm also refering to the paint when i say crack.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts