Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yep, fix it before production. My 2000 Xterra was one of the first in my area and it had lots of new production problems. Don't want that again.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
brentil said:
I mean also what do you expect from THE CHEAPEST Roadster available in the USA, BMW/Mercedes level quailty?
I would certainly expect Mazda level quality, and I doubt I'm alone. The car may be an inexpensive roadster, but I'm still spending $26K of my hard-earned money on it. In that price range, EVERY car should be high quality, roadster or not.

I'm a firm believer in getting what you pay for, but simply dismissing any problems as a function of price is not acceptable, especially when there's a foreign rival at the same price point without any issues.

Keep in mind that this is supposed to be a marvel of American engineering. The fact that Kappas went from paper to pavement so fast means nothing if their quality is below industry norms.

That said, I don't think we'll see too many problems with the Sky either. I just abhor the idea that I shouldn't expect much from GM.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
earlofcrankcase said:
Used to be you got a new car to keep up with the Jones's.
Now you just get a new dream to keep up with the jonesers.
It's a chick car. Why haven't I snaped out of it yet?
I bet it's because I don't want to have to keep that new Camaro's belly full.
That Camero was another car at the show that looked way better off paper.
You know why they call it Sky right?
Cause that's what you'll be lookin at while you get your wallet out if you bring the wife. :banghead:
Hello I'm:
New to the crew & short on patience too. Already thinking of ways to cut in line.
The redline line that is. Solsky GXP anyone?
Or for those on a budget? You just get the GXP & full coverage. Who knows, maybe? The next freakin day a gang of young muslems confuses you for a cartoonist. By the time you convince them your not even from holland. They already finish off the front end. Then to make things worse, the body shop puts the wrong front end on your now dealership custom.
I don't know the hole idea sounds a little polish to me. Maybe I'll just get the GXP and live with the butt ugly thing. Oh wait it's not the butt thats ugly.
The wheels are starting to turn again. Bartender give that man parked in front of me another shot!
??????? :confused:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Well, I also hope they work out all the bugs and told my wife last night I would rather wait a bit longer for a car that is right. As to wind noise, I have a '71 Vette and '90 Wrangler, and there is no way the Sky or any modern convertible can even come close to the noise level of those; especially the Jeep! I have to wear ear plugs to drive it on the highway to keep from going deaf!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have no problem with wind noise in my Solstice vin 240, deep
and have taken several longer trips in it.
Expect the Sky to be at least as good or better.
I have the 1st image at my local dealer and will know in the near future.
:thumbs: :thumbs:
There is something humorous about all of the speculation concerning
problems in a car nobody has owned or driven.
The same thing happened on the other forum as the cars became closer
to reality and no longer just fantasy.
If the Sky is really falling, we will all here about it soon enough.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
FINELY said:
I have no problem with wind noise in my Solstice vin 240, deep
and have taken several longer trips in it.
Expect the Sky to be at least as good or better.
I have the 1st image at my local dealer and will know in the near future.
:thumbs: :thumbs:
There is something humorous about all of the speculation concerning
problems in a car nobody has owned or driven.
The same thing happened on the other forum as the cars became closer
to reality and no longer just fantasy.
If the Sky is really falling, we will all here about it soon enough.

DID ANYONE TELL HENNY PENNY??????:willy: :willy: SkyBaby-07

21 - 26 of 26 Posts