Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Everyone here is hoping early January. It's all speculation though. Could be February for all anyone knows.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I personally expect after NAIAS in early Jan.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
CarJunkie said:
Hi Everybody!

When do we get to run in our showrooms and give our money away? :confused:
are you talking of buying one or putting your order in and a deposit?
I for one have already put a deposit and left a list with my dealer of the options i want, he will put my order in as soon as the ordering process is open... If you do not yet have a deposit down go asap and put one, and get it in writing you will get the car for msrp or less, with no add ons...
looks like the majority believe that shortly after the first of the year official orders will be taken...

·
Registered
93 Posts
I hope the local dealership is wrong but... I have been trying to find a Solstice so I can sit my a$$ down in one to see if I can even fit. I'm 6'3" and 250 lbs. I also want to take a look and see what I will be up against for developing headers, intake, exhaust, etc. None of the local dealerships have one nor do they have any brochures. I went to Saturn and they told me GM decided to limit production of the Sky and the Solstice to 10,000 vehicles, period! To top that, I need to give them a $500.00 cash deposit, can't officially order the damn thing until sometime in January/February with delivery being sometime in 2007!!!! WTF? Is this right or are they playing it up so I drop some cash?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I am not too concerned about actually ordering an sooner, because it still will not make the delivery any quicker. :cheers: I think the best thing GM learned from the Sol's debut was to try and keep the order to delivery date as short as possible .... and I guess that is what they are doing. :confused:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Devil Dog said:
I hope the local dealership is wrong but... I have been trying to find a Solstice so I can sit my a$$ down in one to see if I can even fit. I'm 6'3" and 250 lbs. I also want to take a look and see what I will be up against for developing headers, intake, exhaust, etc. None of the local dealerships have one nor do they have any brochures. I went to Saturn and they told me GM decided to limit production of the Sky and the Solstice to 10,000 vehicles, period! To top that, I need to give them a $500.00 cash deposit, can't officially order the damn thing until sometime in January/February with delivery being sometime in 2007!!!! WTF? Is this right or are they playing it up so I drop some cash?
They are, at least in part, wrong. Sky production is supposed to be limited to 10,000 and Solstice production to 20,000. Many forum members do have deposits down to hold our places in line, which you may want to do. Official ordering has not started yet, but common hope around these parts is that it will start in January or February. The Sky is supposed to debut in Spring 2006 as a 2007 MY car.

If a lot of people have shown interest and laid down cash at your dealer, maybe that line is long enough to stretch into 2007, but since none of the dealers have official allocation numbers yet (as far as we know), they wouldn't really know that unless they had dozens of deposits.

You may want to find another dealer. It sounds to me like these people are clueless and spouting BS at you, and on the off chance that they aren't, you may find a shorter list elsewhere.

Brentil, you wouldn't happen to have a pilot's license, would you? It seems like we're going to need some airlifts of salt pretty soon. :brentil:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Devil Dog said:
Here ya go --> http://www.pontiac.com/vehiclelocator/locateVehicle.do;jsessionid=3KGXBVJD0UMH4CSUR2UCCAQKKSHSSIJK?make=PG&vendorId=&maximumCount=25&searchCountry=US&modelDesignator=2MB67&proximity=300&proximityUnitOfMeasure=MILES&includeDuplicateVendors=true&modelDescrip=Solstice&styleDescrip=Coupe&vehicleModel=http://www.pontiac.com/images/gmbp/16002/vehicle/2006/med/2006288.jpg&brand=solstice&originatingBrand=SOLSTICE&year=2006&modelId=288&bstyle=270&postalCode=&searchType=1&searchCity=seattle&searchState=WA&dealerName=&vendorSearchCity=&vendorSearchState=&x=63&y=19

If that doesn't work, this is the search page --> http://www.pontiac.com/vehiclelocator/pontiac/locatevehicle.jsp?year=2006&modelId=288&mmc=2LF26&pvc=270&brand=solstice&originatingBrand=solstice

·
Registered
380 Posts
Order date set in Cincinnati

I wonder if anyone ever reads my posts???? I repeat, my dealer with whom I have had a deposit, invited us (the 10 who placed deposits) into the dealership on the evening of January 5th to place firm orders. GM assured them they would have pricing and could firm up orders on that date. He is the largest Saturn dealer of 5 in the Cincinnati area and seems to be the best informed. You can take it for what it is worth.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
skyfan said:
I wonder if anyone ever reads my posts???? I repeat, my dealer with whom I have had a deposit, invited us (the 10 who placed deposits) into the dealership on the evening of January 5th to place firm orders. GM assured them they would have pricing and could firm up orders on that date. He is the largest Saturn dealer of 5 in the Cincinnati area and seems to be the best informed. You can take it for what it is worth.
I think we all read them -- but, since NO OTHER dealer has sent any info to anyone else about a date where a REAL order can be taken... We have healthy amounts of skepticism. Doesn't it sound a bit strange to you? I think most of us are waiting to see what happens.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wow! Looks like the Bremerton dealership has all of them, since every local dealer around here didn't have a clue as to when they would see another. Thanks for the link... I may try to work some sort of deal so I can get a Solstice now, develope performance parts for it and then trade it on the Sky, since I like the looks of the Sky more. We'll see if the Bremerton dealership is willing to work with me on that. The hard part is, most likely I will have to agree to not driving the car at all. :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took SkyMan 07's advice and called a local Saturn dealer about getting a new Sky. They have a list of people waiting to order, and wanted to know how much I was willing to put down as a deposit. Suggested that the more I put down the more serious I would be taken about getting one, and that they could help me get one of the first ones out. Is this right?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Just finished selecting the options with my dealer. Order should be submitted in January :cheers:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Tell me how much you paid?

Thats great you got yours ordered. How much is the base price? How much are the options you selected. Without that info this is just another pre-order. Have you put a downpayment?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Preorder or order your splitting hairs . The fact is the dealer allowed us to select the items on the cars that are being ordered by the dealer in January. Pricing would occur at that time I would imagine, but it's not important to me at this time. The payment and down payment I think would occur when the car is delivered, as I have already secured my spot with $500. :)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I don't know about you, but theres no way I would allow them to process an order that I will be responsible to pay for without first knowing the cost. I understand we all have what will end up to be very close guesses, especially with being able to check out the solstice pricing.
Guess I need to find a better job that pays enough so I can buy stuff without careing at all what the cost is going to be! :lol:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thats true usmc! I also find it funny that we are all buying a car without test driving it first. Some would call it crazy, but I guess we all just want the car so badly.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have put a deposit down on a SKY. The way the dealer describe it was more like “buying a slot in line” to order the car. I contacted him on the Internet and set up a time to write the deposit check. The dealership is limiting the number of slots as he called back the next day and asked if we could come in earlier to make the deposit. We ended up providing a credit card and went on the original planed day to write the deposit ckeck. If for any reason I decided not to get the car, I get my deposit back. :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
CarJunkie said:
Took SkyMan 07's advice and called a local Saturn dealer about getting a new Sky. They have a list of people waiting to order, and wanted to know how much I was willing to put down as a deposit. Suggested that the more I put down the more serious I would be taken about getting one, and that they could help me get one of the first ones out. Is this right?
i don;t think this is very fair, the more you put down the higher ont he list you will be.... most dealers do it on first come first served and charge the same deposit for everyone...

1 - 20 of 92 Posts