Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
look, i`m waiting for the redline because it`s going to be the real deal.buy then i hope a day will go by with out hearing of another top thats hard to close or a weather strip that doesn't, or a front suspension that bottoms out or a poor radio not to mention seats that are to thin and the stiches are undoing already.did i mention dents to the clam shell or the scratches from the delivery people.you paid good money to them.i know this is just a saturn,and they laughed at lexus 10 years ago...but heres the rub,lexus went after the giants and said are you talking to me,or to put it another way, out of the gate they delivered quality.so far the sky is turning into a paper tiger.don`t do this or don`t do that...for g-ds sake its a sports car ,not a carton of eggs.:cool: :mad: :cool: i do love the looks might just buy a pictue and pocket the $30,000.just kidding :jester:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Hmmm, 156 posts and still bashing the SKY? Seems to me someone wants a different car. Put on my ingnore list, sorry. If I wanted negative I'd call my mother-in-law.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just tying together what has been all over our site...none so blind than ...the truth for some will set them free.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Yep, tons of negativity here!!! Not liking it!!! :nono:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
517 Posts
glock919 said:
look, i`m waiting for the redline because it`s going to be the real deal.buy then i hope a day will go by with out hearing of another top thats hard to close or a weather strip that doesn't, or a front suspension that bottoms out or a poor radio not to mention seats that are to thin and the stiches are undoing already.did i mention dents to the clam shell or the scratches from the delivery people.you paid good money to them.i know this is just a saturn,and they laughed at lexus 10 years ago...but heres the rub,lexus went after the giants and said are you talking to me,or to put it another way, out of the gate they delivered quality.so far the sky is turning into a paper tiger.don`t do this or don`t do that...for g-ds sake its a sports car ,not a carton of eggs.:cool: :mad: :cool: i do love the looks might just buy a pictue and pocket the $30,000.just kidding :jester:
Well, its just the cutest little sports car around and you might be missing out cause of a few little problems that you should expect to see on a new car. I have had vipers and vettes and I can tell you that I enjoy the sky more than the vette and about equal with the viper. I still wont put you on my ignore list though cause I respect other peoples opinions. (even though its wrong) Just kidding!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
glock919 said:
I think you are reading too much into it all...
Lets look at the "problems" you talk about:
"another top thats hard to close" -- Not a problem -- seems a few don't know how to close it -- resoundingly it's a technique thing -- not a "bad" top
"weather strip that doesn't" -- Looks like a minor 10 minute fix that needs to be communicated to the factory.
"poor radio " only an opinion, not a problem
"seats that are to thin " I have heard of this from two people -- what about everyone elses seat? -- Opinion - not a problem.
"and the stiches are undoing already" Opinion -- Seemes like they are undoing and reported by one person
"did i mention dents to the clam shell or the scratches from the delivery people" - sounds like a problem and needs to be looked into in particular at the specific dealer...
It's not just a Saturn -- or a Lexus -- it is a car built by people and having never built before has some minor glitches -- and first year Lexus' BY YOUR OWN admission were laughed and and poor quality (Saturn was beating their pants off for quality) and 50% more expensive.
So what did we find:
2 problems
1 that may be
3 opinions

just 1500 cars built - ever.
Not bad -- Certainly not perfect -- but not bad. And as I have posted before -- Let's see how they are #1 resolved and #2 let's see if they go away (are not built in).

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Lambourghini Countach (spelling?)

On a show called Top Gear they gave one of the guys the chance to drive his childhood dream car - a Lambourghini Countach - while the exterior stylin was every bit what he dreamed it should be (and what you see in the posters) - but he was very disappointed by the gruelling effort it took to drive the car. In the end he decided he would rather have held onto the dream than to be faced with the reality.

Now I am not trying to compare the Sky to a Lamborghini - just pointing out that since we are dealing now with a real live physical thing rather than just the hypothetical potential of what could be or what you want it to be - there are bound to be some dissapointments here and there and that does not necessarily mean that the product is at fault - could be the expectations where unreasonable.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks ,it`s our hard earned money and we should be open to keeping their feet to the fire.if you don`t ask a question,don`t expect an answer.remember in three years or 36 months when there is a problem ,tell them you know i had one of the first skys and i understand you guys were new at this and i love the car,but what about this 1800 charge...and the answer will be pay it and thank you...speak up NOW.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
glock919 said:
just tying together what has been all over our site...none so blind than ...the truth for some will set them free.
You'll see what you want to see. If you think S2k's or MX-5's or Z4's are flawless, you're smokin' something.

The SKY isn't perfect, but neither is any other. The shortcomings you seem to love bringing up - this is not news. If

"Everyone wishes to have truth on their side, but few make an effort to be on the side of truth..."

What you're tying together is ALL the bad stuff. You can do that with any car. Please understand that people will take your comments with a grain of salt like they do everyone else's.

Try looking for a Pros/cons list. There's good things about this car and things not-so-good. Expecting perfection equal to a $50,000 lexus for <$27,000... well... by necessity one MUST factor this in.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I find it a bit ironic that you brag about Lexus the day after they recall 57,000 cars for seat belt issues. Every manufactuer will have its issues, I would like to know what you are driving so I can go to that forum and quote you their problems. If you worry so much about quality you should do a little more spell checking prior to your posts. In my opinion you are a very unhappy person spending way to much time looking at others problems.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Internet forums tend to magnify small, rarely seen, or insignificant issues because people report them, and they generally don't report when all went well.

For instance, I bet a lot of people will use their Sky everyday. I doubt any of them will create a new post daily that says "My top sealed again today, it's 5475760237 days in a row now. Hooray!" or "No dents in my clamshell today, had the car 9 months, and it didn't dent once! Hooray." However, if even 1% of people have a problem, ANY problem, you will quickly see tens of reports, they will get lots of attention, speculation, don't do this or that workarounds, and suddenly seem like a big issue, even though only 1 in 100 cars may be affected.

There are some compromises in this car to obtain the styling it has (such as the clamshells and top). However, there are compromises in all cars of this kind.

Besides, if you think Lexus is perfect, you might not want to buy one and have your opinion of them tainted. There is a reason they offer free loaners in their service department. Becuase their cars still need some service too.

PS, this top gets a lot of attention for being "hard" to use, and it couldn't be farther from the truth. Instead of taking 20 seconds too operate, it takes 30 seconds, and requires a bit more effort than pushing a button. or just pulling it up. You have to (gasp) push two pins into two holes, in addition to pulling it up. Not hard at all.

·
Registered
149 Posts
glock919 said:
I am not sure exactly what your motive is in posting these sorts of of remarks, but I believe if you really have a legit. reason I firmly believe you have a perfect right to air your views. Having said this, what exactly are you basing your comments on? Sure, there are a few people with problems, but it is very early in this cars production, so I suppose they can be expected. This will be a different story if six months from now there are more and greater owner issues. Our sort of site tends to become blind to small issues with new production cars once prospective buyers become owners. That is just the way it is. In one sense it's good to "call them like you see them", but you have not seen them. You have only heard about them and have no first hand experience about the issues you are ranting about. So far as I am able to see, the Sky is free of the wider spread (and more serious) issues that the early Solstice suffered from.(ie. leaking diffs. & water leaks) It's good for prospective buyers to keep themselves updated on the issues that a new car has while the plant tweeks things and the production staff gets their act together. I was disappointed in the quality standards that the early Solstice were released under, but I guess they did their best. If your reason for being here is just to stir the pot...move on. If your really here with an intent of buying a Sky try asking more questions of new owners rather than making rash statements that on the face of them are not entirely justified.

·
Registered
804 Posts
The only problem I have with the Sky is that mine still isn't made.:rolleyes: Atleast some of you have your car and can help raise questions and answers so that by the time the rest of us have ours, we won't be horrified at a "problem" that might or might not be a problem.
Keep the problems and answers coming, but DON"T POST PROBLEMS LIKE THEY ARE THE END OF THE WORLD OR AS IF THE SKY IS JUNK! Things happen, live with it, and enjoy.

·
Registered
517 Posts
glock919 said:
thanks ,it`s our hard earned money and we should be open to keeping their feet to the fire.if you don`t ask a question,don`t expect an answer.remember in three years or 36 months when there is a problem ,tell them you know i had one of the first skys and i understand you guys were new at this and i love the car,but what about this 1800 charge...and the answer will be pay it and thank you...speak up NOW.
I agree with you on alot of things you say and I do worry about the problems noted and the potential problems with the new car. Even considering all this I am glad I bought the sky and wouldnt sell it for 5,000 over what I paid for it. 10,000 over, maybe.

·
Registered
138 Posts
god help me

this poor guy is complaining about a car he dosn't even have. ill' be happy to know when i can get one. a poor sobbing canadian. ignore him.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
HotSky said:
I agree with you on alot of things you say and I do worry about the problems noted and the potential problems with the new car. Even considering all this I am glad I bought the sky and wouldnt sell it for 5,000 over what I paid for it. 10,000 over, maybe.
I would just like have to one, so if there was an issue I could participate. But I guess i'll just sit back and pout :chill: till May.....June :willy:

·
Registered
370 Posts
All I can say is that I am totally in love with my sky. The MX six disk radio and monsoon audio is awsome. Sure, if you like the thundering boom of those sub woofers that you can hear for blocks - you won't be happy but then you'll keep your hearing longer. There really isn't anything significant to complain about that I have found. Ok, so my finger hits the mute button sometimes when I steer... With practice I will learn not to do that... and its great just to have a mute button! Ok, sometimes I open the cup holder with my elbow... but so what... I don't even notice until I get out!

What really impresses me is the handling. Totally awsome. I have dirven many cars, and nothing compares to how this baby drives.

I love it.:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Not perfect but they are working on it

I love my Sky and Everyone that has seen it and looked over it thinks it is an awesum car. Sure it isn;t perfect, and there are some small issues cropping up, but that happens on a brand new model and it will not show up untill they get in the hands of REAL people using it in REAL situations. What I like about this experience is a Quote from My service rep. "These are brand new cars and Saturn has instructed us that if one comes in with a problem, no matter how SMALL ,they want it reported back to see if it is a one time isolated thing or may be something that has to be reengineered..." That is a commitment to Quality in my opinion...
My wife and I were onthe way to Pigeon Forge yesterday and driving at 70 with the Top DOWN, and having a good conversation, a guy on a Honda Goldwing comes flying up beside me and looks over and askes, "Is that the new Saturn?" I said Yeah. He said "that is one hot looking car". then I was Cleaning the windhield of some bugs at the rest area, and a older man came out and said, " That is one Beautiful Sportscar you have, I didn't know Saturn made a Sportscar, It's about time."
then i was sitting in it waiting for my wife to come out of a store, and a teenager came out and looked at it and said 'Man that is one BAD car" I am sure he meant it in a good way...
Wensday we went out to eat, we left it in the parking lot witht he top down, when we came out a couple resturant employees were looking it over and when we started to get into it one of them asked what it was, and when i told him it was a Saturn, he said , "we didn't know saturn made such a hot car, we though it was an Aston Martin."
All these comments and just the feel of driving and enjoying this car is worth the small annoyances of some minor glitches..
Believe me Saturn will do what it takes to fix these problems and make it right.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts