Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So are you going to test drive a Solstice to try to get a feel of what it will be like to drive a Sky?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't wait to get the call that the Solstice is at my local Pontiac dealership. I really want to try it out. I know that the interior is different but I think that the ride and the feel of the car should give me a good idea of what to expect with my Sky when it is delivered. Right?

·
Registered
357 Posts
One of my colleagues bought one of the first "1,000" Solstices... she promised me a chance to take it out for a spin one day after work (school) once the kids leave. She thought about a SKY, but wanted a new car this summer, so she was at the Pontiac dealership an hour before the allotment became available and was able to secure one. I told her I'm going for the SKY, as I have the time to wait :lol:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Of course, I want to see how it handles!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I'm going to test drive a Solstice. My Solstice. :D

Don't expect many dealers to actually have one anytime soon to test drive though. I wouldn't expect till early next year at the best.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
I think Brentil's right. I would like to be able to, but I doubt I'll have an opportunity to drive a Solstice before I get my Sky.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
I would love to but I'm sure if there is a Sol in a Pontiac Dealership is a pre-sold unit that has been borrowed from the owner just to show it for a few days. I doubt there will be any Sol's available for test drives for quite a long time... :banghead:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I would definitely take advantage of the opportunity if it should ever present itself. :willy:

·
Registered
39 Posts
it's a new car. ofcourse I want a test drive it, regardless of what car I will get next. Maybe I'll test drive the new Miata for comparison.

·
Registered
411 Posts
No Matter What!! They should have atleast one Solstice available at the dealership to atleast look at, im not buying a car till I see it in person. same with the Sky when it comes out.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Your best bet will be the Auto Show in Motion once they finally add it to the list of cars available to drive. I'm going to the ASIM in Nov so I'll post if they have one or not then.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
That's a good idea. I'm going to the Auto Show in Motion in a few weeks in San Diego, if they have a Solstice to drive there, I'd like to test it out. I've called most of the dealerships here in Los Angeles, to see if there are any onsite and available and haven't found one yet.

·
Registered
242 Posts
rick112 said:
So are you going to test drive a Solstice to try to get a feel of what it will be like to drive a Sky?
no way.....i'm saving myself, for the right car......my car! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have Driven The Solstice In Detroit On Aug 5,
And Will Get Mine Next Week According To My
Dealer.

Warning Warning Warning

Do Not Test Drive The Car

You Will Lose All Self-control When It Comes To Waiting
Patiently.

Since My Test Drives, Yes I Was Able To Log A Little
Extra Seat Time, I Am Spying On The Rail Yard 3 Miles
From Here And Checking My Dealer For Late-night
Delivery As I Pass On My Way Home From Work At 4am

Pleeeeeze Take This Warning Seriously Because I Do Not
Want To Be Responsible For Your Mental Stability.

Making Matters Even Worse Is My Sky Will Probably
Not Be Here Until Spring. I Guess My Better Half Will
Wait On The Autotranny.

Update: Better Not Bitter Says After Detroit She
Will Force Herself To Drive A Stick Again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts