Saturn Sky Forum banner

Are you regretting not waiting for the RL?

• YES

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • Yes but I wouldn't cancel my order & wait again!

Votes: 4 9.3%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here it is the Redline. Now aren't you sorry you waited?! Or are you? I have to say I had a waive of envy and regret when I saw the pictures of the blue RL the other day. :willy: Well thats past now and I'm back on track.

If Saturn doesn't get me my car by the middle of the summer I'll be re-thinking the RL thing though. It's been a long and stressful wait for my car with no information from anyone on the Saturn ???Team???... :nono: I just couldn't wait until next spring/summer to get an RL. I want to drive my Sky now! The weather is just starting to warm up and it'll be a fun drive.

Well we'll see what the future brings. Hopefully that lottery ticket brings in the big one. If it does the hell with the RL, I'll be having someone stick a V8 under the hood!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I nave to say the same thing. If they take too long to produce the car I will look to the RL

·
Registered
155 Posts
Maybe if we knew exactly how much it would be. However i'm already gonna pay over 300 bucks a month for my non red line Sky so the RL will just kill me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't regret for 1 minute. I love the Sky, love driving it. Funny thing is that now when I drive it, I tend to drive slower because so many people want to see it that they are practically on top of me while driving. People get close to you and look it over, it can be dangerous at times. They are not paying attention . I think I would not use the extra power of the R/L.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I love my sky and find that it has plenty of power with the CAI, however - when the RL comes out... I plan to test drive it and perhaps sell one to get the other. I figure demand is high enough depreciation shouldn't be a problem.

Every day driving the sky is a day of fun.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ernest said:
I am getting the R/L and keeping my First Born, #699. I just love these cars!!!!! YUUP:lol: :thumbs:
Hi Ernesto
Finally got to drive BlueBaby, wow. What can I say? Nada.. I only wish the seat belt buckle was about 2 or 3 inches higher (big belly you know).
Now as far as the muffler sound..Mine is nothing like the recordings I have heard on different forums. Sounds like it has 500 horses under the hood, but just breathing hard.....My wife said she hated convertables...ha! I said to her this morning "Hey, I'm going down to the donut shop and get some coffee", by the time I washed my favorite travel mug She was in the car all bundled up and ready to go. (she doesn't even drink coffee). Last night when we picked it up about 9:00 pm, she had me cruise the beach cities. Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach...yeah, I could tell by the big ol chit-eatin grin on her face that she was having the time of her life. Now she wants me to take her to work monday..Ha! Get up that early, well maybe..maybe I'll have to give her this one and order the Red-Line.

·
Registered
39 Posts
totally agree!

Every day driving the sky is a day of fun.[/QUOTE]

I agree - more sun in the Northeast would help:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
btw...how much

just how much is the RL expected to go for?:confused:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rumor is $3000-$5000 more than the origional.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
:thumbs: Not regretting it one minute. I am out driving my SKY now and when ever I am ready I can always go with the after market mods to change her up as needed.:patriot:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah i'm going to get attached to my Sky, so I will probably just put that aftermarket turbo in it, and maybe the dual exhaust.

·
Registered
182 Posts
rick112 said:
I have to say I had a waive of envy and regret when I saw the pictures of the blue RL the other day. :willy: :thumbs:
I felt the same way, but believe there will be plenty of spunk for me with the standard Sky. For $3-5K for another 80 HP you must really want overwhelming power. For me the Sky is to cruise around in and performance is secondary or lower, but I expect performance is fine in the standard Sky.

Keep posting any mods and their effects, will always be interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.