Saturn Sky Forum banner

Are you taking the day off?

• Yes! I'll have camera in hand. Don't tell my wife or boss.

Votes: 47 90.4%
  • Heck NO!

Votes: 5 9.6%

Are you taking the day off?

2K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  virginiasky 
#1 ·
Alright lets try this dam pole again! :banghead: :brentil: Three's a charm. :thumbs: OK you get the call that you Sky will be pulling into the dealership on a truck on March 30th at around 10:30 am. Now check you calander cause that's a work day for most of us.:brentil:

Are you taking that day off to witness the arrival of the new joy in your life?:cheers:

#3 ·
I am retired, every day is off for me. I will be notified when the truck is pullingout of Ft Wrth from the railyard and be standing at attention when it arrives at dealer. Then will follow it in and watch them prep it, I will get a chair and "help" them every step of the way, After the interior is prepped I"ll just sit in it through the other steps.:lol: :cheers: At some point in time I will have to get out of it, maybe.

#4 ·
A smart dealer, if he knew in advance, would have some sort of arrival party! I lived in a small city called North Bay and I remember two or three truck loads of new GM trucks (I think they were all black) arrive in town. I remember these big trucks driving through to the dealer. They must have done it at a time when they knew everyone would see it. It was quite a site. I'd love it if my Saturn dealer was able to tell me the day the Sky's were going to arrive.:cool:

#5 ·
Like I'm gonna miss this -- like I missed my wedding, my children being born..
This is MY first car:cool:

#6 ·
Ernest said:
I am retired, every day is off for me. I will be notified when the truck is pullingout of Ft Wrth from the railyard and be standing at attention when it arrives at dealer. Then will follow it in and watch them prep it, I will get a chair and "help" them every step of the way, After the interior is prepped I"ll just sit in it through the other steps.:lol: :cheers: At some point in time I will have to get out of it, maybe.
Same Here, except I aint going to no rail yard here in So Cal. I'll watch them unload from the truck and maybe even take pictures...

#9 ·
:lol: :lol: Nope I wont miss work.:lol: :lol: Im a patient man :lol: :lol: :lol::willy: :willy:

#13 ·
Day Off?

Depending on what day it arrives. I may just take the week :cool: I guess it will depend on the weather. If it's nice there's no way I'm going into work. That's what vacation time is for, to have a blast and I couldn't think of a better time than top down driving to anywhere in the sexiest car made today.
Jayne :thumbs:

#15 ·
Yes, but I'll drive by my work to let everyone see it. They're as anxious as I am! Gotta show my baby off just a bit! :willy:

#16 ·
Man, I 2ns that NC..... I've got pics of the car posted in my workspace... Everyone asks me, ALL THE TIME, when I'm going to get the car. They'll all have to take a number..... I even thought of charging people for a taste of the drive and donating the money to charity....... I work with a great bunch of people and I think the idea would fly.

#19 ·
It really depends. If it is a nice day and I can pick the car up early -- I may. Heck if it is later - I might take the next day off....

I would like to come in and see it be prep'ed. But I'd be so excited I could not leave it alone. I want to get it home and memorize the Owners Manual... In fact I am gonna try to get an OM Before I take delivery.

#20 ·
Definitely will take the day off. However, since I am trying to wait for the Redline, it will be a while. You all can set the precedent for me. Fill me in on all the good excuses to give the boss!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.