Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like it might be good protection for the front. When I looked at another car at the dealer with it... not a Sky.... I could see a definate line across the hood where it ended. Not Good! Does the bra just cover the lower front, or does it continue up on the hood of the sky? :confused:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Seems like it might be good protection for the front. When I looked at another car at the dealer with it... not a Sky.... I could see a definate line across the hood where it ended. Not Good! Does the bra just cover the lower front, or does it continue up on the hood of the sky? :confused:
I got mine done and people can't see the line unless they know that they are looking for something. It is impossible to see unless you are right at the vehicle. I would rather have people see that line than see some ugly stone chips. You can get different sizes..mine comes right up to the vents.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I got mine done and people can't see the line unless they know that they are looking for something. It is impossible to see unless you are right at the vehicle. I would rather have people see that line than see some ugly stone chips. You can get different sizes..mine comes right up to the vents.

I agree, the clear bra has saved my front end a couple of times already. Best investment I've made. Mine also covers up to the Hood vents and the mirrors too. Sure you can see the line if the car is stopped which isn't often and you really have to look for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
If I had it to do over again before I got the two big rock chips in my hood close to the Saturn Logo, I would do it. I can't see spending the $600 bucks now that it's already chipped. HIND SIGHT!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
is $600 the real price?

Anyone DIY?

I saw the material online for $188... $400 to install??

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
is $600 the real price?

Anyone DIY?

I saw the material online for $188... $400 to install??
That's the price for that particular section. There are 4 sections I believe.......Hood, Bumper, Lower Air Dam, Mirrors. Each have their own different pricing.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Mine had about 15 pieces to the kit. It was 850 Cdn, installed professionally.

-hood
-bumper
-lower front clip
-foglight x 2
-headlamps x 2
-mirrors x 2
-full length rocker panels x 2
-in front of rear wheel well x 2
-trunk (where a belt would rub if leaning over to reach something in trunk) x 2

So I have great coverage. I thought the price was fair and I am very glad I got it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Mine goes maybe 2 inches above the headlights. People don't even notice the line until I point it out. $465 for the kit, $300 to install. Watched the installer put it on. He made it look easy but he has been doing it for 6 years. It can be a DIY project but it takes practice learning how to stretch it out and then smooth out all the bubbles.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I agree with the other owners, I am glad I got it. You can barley see the line unless you are really looking for it. I have had more people ask me to point it out than those who have found it on there own. I paid about $300. at the dealer when I purchased her and they installed it.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts