Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On Saturday, September 30th, the Phoenix Sky & Solstice Club will be sponsoring a fun ride up to Flagstaff to view the fall leaves. All Sky or Solstice owners are welcome to join us (including chase cars - ie. those with cars on order).

We will meet at Anthem Outlet Malls at 9:00AM but will decide on our exact destination(s) at that time based on information from the National Forest Service Fall Color Hotline (800-354-4595). However, one likely option, if it is not too cold, is to drive the twisties up to Snowbowl and have lunch there, or even ride the ski lifts up to the top for 360 degree views of changing leaves in the Grand Canyon and the Flagstaff valley (so bring a sweater and wear long pants).

If you are interested or want more info, please send me a PM or reply to this post. If you are registered at our club website (www.sky-sol.com), then help us get a headcount by RSVPing at the event registration page: www.sky-sol.com/index.php?option=com_attend_events&task=view&id=7

When you RSVP, please indicate whether you are interested in the SkyRide at Snowbowl in Flagstaff. If we have at least 15 people, it will cost $6 ea instead of $10, but we must reserve ahead of time.

Below are some valuable web links:
The drive to Snowbowl: www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/az_sbr.html
Snowbowl Skyride info: www.arizonasnowbowl.com/summer/skyride.html
Flagstaff Arboretum Fall Colors: www.thearb.org/fall_color.htm

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The timing of the run was perfect. We saw the beginning of the turn in Oak Creek Canyon, but we hit the Aspen groves in Flagstaff just as the leaves were beginning to fall from the trees, creating a bright yellow carpet on the floor of the forest. Below are a couple photos.

1. I wasn't able to get all ten cars into this photo of Bell Rock.

2. The drive through Oak Creek Canyon was beautiful.

3. Near snowbowl, we found a place to pull over a see some aspen groves.

4. We went from 1000 feet above sea level to 11,500 feet, 100 degrees to 45 degrees.

If you want to see more photos, I have posted a bunch on our club website at:
http://www.sky-sol.com/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=43&catid=22&PageNo=1

·
Registered
160 Posts
RichM,
Thanks for the photos - outstanding! Looks like a lot of fun!
Maybe we can join you all next year - I've already Googled the trip from central FL to AZ - it will take a few days, but that's what the Sky is all about! :)

:cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts