Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys !
when do you think that it would be normal to go to a saturn dealership and ordering a sky would be like any other one in there ? (not having to be on waitlist and all that crap)
I'm asking this because is hand made so i have no idea....

thanks!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
azote said:
hey guys !
when do you think that it would be normal to go to a saturn dealership and ordering a sky would be like any other one in there ? (not having to be on waitlist and all that crap)
I'm asking this because is hand made so i have no idea....

thanks!
I would guess late next year, when it's not quite so new anymore, the glut of Solstice backorders is gone, production is at full speed, and half the country is not in a convertible mood.

·
Registered
245 Posts
aren't there only gonna be like, 10,000 of these made? so i don't suspect it to be a normal thing for very long...

btw, does that 10,000 include the RL version? or will that add to the 10,000?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
101jinx101 said:
aren't there only gonna be like, 10,000 of these made? so i don't suspect it to be a normal thing for very long...

btw, does that 10,000 include the RL version? or will that add to the 10,000?
I would venture to say that the RL would ADD to that number and it will even be further limited production :banghead: . Remember that the rumors as to the appereance of the RL would put it as a 2008 model comming out mid-2007. Again all rumors and speculation but, is all we have to hang on to. :eek:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
247 Posts
How many are already in line?

Does anyone know (or have a guess) regarding how many folks nationwide have put their $500 down and are "waiting in line" to place their order for a Sky?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
bubbacc said:
Does anyone know (or have a guess) regarding how many folks nationwide have put their $500 down and are "waiting in line" to place their order for a Sky?
some dealers are not asking for deposits, I know of one dealer not taking deposits and they have 20 people on their list, my dealer is taking deposits and they have 4...

·
Registered
554 Posts
The philosophy behind the kappa cars is that they are a niche vehicle, not design to be a mass production car (100K+ volumes). These vehicles are to be used as image drivers and get the attention of the American car buying public. Don't ever expect to see them just sitting on the dealer lots in rows!

The market for them is small compared to the sedan and truck markets. If you really want one of these specialty cars; you need to order it and quick. Like other specialty cars in the past they don't tend to stay on the market for more than 3-4 years. Unless GM decides to build them in the same fashion as Mazda does with the MX5, you won't be seeing these cars past 2010.

·
Registered
554 Posts
bubbacc said:

With less than 800 nationwide Saturn dealers, I wouldn't expect more than 4000 pre-orders to have been accepted with deposits. Pontiac is a much larger scale operation, hence why they were the first to start selling kappa cars.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
From my friendly dealer -- Just over 7000 "signups". No count as to deposits since that is up to a dealer, Saturn requires no deposit until an order is made.
My dealership had 19 (I am #2) and takes no deposits.... yet.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Delnari said:
With less than 800 nationwide Saturn dealers, I wouldn't expect more than 4000 pre-orders to have been accepted with deposits. Pontiac is a much larger scale operation, hence why they were the first to start selling kappa cars.
there are actually about 450 Saturn dealers nation wide...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts