Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealership just called - finally - knew is was too good to be true - guys in next office were doing a drum roll - everyone knows I've been waiting FOUR months for this call!!! And darn it!! They have an image for a base line - but I wanted Red Line. No way to tell how long it will be before they get RL image. Do I take a base & run?? Or I've waited this long - do I hold out??
:banghead: Boo hoo - I HATE decisions!! :willy:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
How much power and speed do you want? For me, the base Sky is fine. I like the way it drives and the way it looks. I don't need the extra power. But thats just me. Why don't you take the base Sky and stay on the list for the redline. When the redline gets here sell the base.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Dealership just called - finally - knew is was too good to be true - guys in next office were doing a drum roll - everyone knows I've been waiting FOUR months for this call!!! And darn it!! They have an image for a base line - but I wanted Red Line. No way to tell how long it will be before they get RL image. Do I take a base & run?? Or I've waited this long - do I hold out??
Wait for the R/L, you will be glad you did. I love Serenity she is a great car, but I as of late am pretty close to selling her, as she doesn't have the performance I have grown used to. I know I will find a good home for her it just isn't fair for her to sit all the time when someone could be enjoying her company!!! Mayhem has stolen the show so to speak!!!:D No comparison of the two other than they both look the same, that's it!:thumbs:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ruthie I believe you were also stuck at 2030 for a while. Do whatever makes the wait easier. Buy a used base and wait your turn. We did not give up our place in line and will decide if we want to keep the base when we get it. That way the second guessing will not happen.

Do what feels right!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm in exactly the same position...been waiting since late June, at which time the sales manager said I'd have the car by Late September...got into an accident and my car was totalled in mid July... and here I wait and wait and wait....:banghead:

·
Registered
187 Posts
You want a Red Line.
Winter is starting.
Getting a car quicker is nice but if I were in your shoes I'd wait for what you want.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
HI Ruthie, A little wisdom, so I'll ask--Is it cold there yet? I'm the type that will wait till hell freezes over for what I want and ordered. If you "settle" for the Base, (am that, BASE is what I own)(right now any ways) AND very happy BTW--If winter already has moved in on ya, I say wait--Cause you will really never be able to enjoy the Sky with the top Down--To dam cold--brrr--However, if you can't wait take whats offered, drive it BUT keep your R/L on order, granted, you will have payments etc etc--THEN, when your baby comes in, trade IT in (or sell it) and drive away with your R/L--Then AND only then, will you see whether you are/were/will be happy with your decision--IF finances is a problem, THEN I say wait for your real wish--Take your R/L after all it IS what you ordered--Simple really--BUT the decision and answer can only come from within--Go with your gut feeling--Then don't look back hon, just drive the sucker--:thumbs: Whether your Base OR R/L--:thumbs: Either one I promise you, YOU will be happy--:cool: MB

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wait. You won't be able to have the top down anyway with winter bearing down. The redline is worth the wait.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Saturn Buy Back?

I bought a standard while I wait for my RL to come in (~10 months). Saturn will buy back a car less than a year old minus $0.15 per mile put on. :confused:

This was too nice of a deal to pass up

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
wait, the base sky won't beat a loaded jetta off the line.

on the onther hand, by the time you get a red line, there will be nothing special about seeing someone drive a sky, no one will give you the attention sky owners crave.

but itis better to have a car with some power.........:thumbs:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys! I may be kicking myself in a few weeks, but after much thought & anguish, I've decided to wait for the R/L...again. :crazy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts