Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
My latest design was a custom laser etching with a dragon image etched in the center and illuminated. The customer is going on the Tail of the Dragon run and thought this would be perfect for the event... it turned out great! You have to see it in person to get the full effect, it looks 3D! Contact me if you have any ideas on some neat designs you would like to see done.
:thumbs:

Robert
214-881-4SKY

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
Comparison

Wind Restrictor said:
My latest design was a custom laser etching with a dragon image etched in the center and illuminated. The customer is going on the Tail of the Dragon run and thought this would be perfect for the event... it turned out great! You have to see it in person to get the full effect, it looks 3D! Contact me if you have any ideas on some neat designs you would like to see done.

Robert
214-881-4SKY
I think this look is fantastic...much nicer than that supplied by Saturn. :thumbs: It looks like it is wider than the Saturn style. How does this work compared to the Saturn windscreen? What is the cost difference? Inquiring minds want to know! :confused:

·
Registered
141 Posts
HappyAmI said:
How does this work compared to the Saturn windscreen? What is the cost difference? Inquiring minds want to know! :confused:
I can't really tell you how it works compared to the Saturn windscreen since I haven't driven one with that installed. I CAN tell you it's cheaper, looks 100% better, gets more ooohs and aaahs than you can imagine when it's illuminated.........AND............you don't have to drill holes in your SKY to install it!

I love mine and so does everyone who sees it. I say GO FOR IT!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wind Restrictor....very very very nice! :thumbs:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Wow...that is incredible. I didn't know you could build that much detail into it!

·
Registered
737 Posts
DonnasSky said:
I can't really tell you how it works compared to the Saturn windscreen since I haven't driven one with that installed. I CAN tell you it's cheaper, looks 100% better, gets more ooohs and aaahs than you can imagine when it's illuminated.........AND............you don't have to drill holes in your SKY to install it!

I love mine and so does everyone who sees it. I say GO FOR IT!
OK, my next question is....does your hair fly all over if it is in place? Is it just an ornament or is it really functional? :cool:

·
Registered
277 Posts
It's functionality is maximized with windows up!

·
Registered
737 Posts
mynewsolstice said:
It's functionality is maximized with windows up!
Thanks for your input! Where do you get this beautiful wind screen? I'm a ways out before I have my Sky, but want all my ducks in order when it gets here. Do they install it or is that something I have to do or have done? :driving:

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Education in Turbulence

Turbulance starts to build about 55 mph...with the windows up and the windscreen in place u have a fairly self enclosed cockpit...u can even use your air conditioner....go for it...it is useful and looks great

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think one might look pretty cool with a few clouds and then lit up in white.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
HappyAmI said:
Thanks for your input! Where do you get this beautiful wind screen? I'm a ways out before I have my Sky, but want all my ducks in order when it gets here. Do they install it or is that something I have to do or have done? :driving:
www.windrestrictor.com

Robert's also got auctions going on ebay most of the time. Just search on Saturn Sky wind. Right now he's got a picture of my car with the ALOHA windscreen posted on the auction!

The screen itself you can put on in 5 minutes and if you are timid about doing the wiring yourself (like I was), any car guy can have it wired to your brake lights in about a half hour or so.

·
Registered
141 Posts
DARZSKY said:
I think one might look pretty cool with a few clouds and then lit up in white.....
...or a blue light. Very sharp on a white car like yours...........

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Wind Restrictor said:

Robert
214-881-4SKY

Robert, I can't wait to see how mine turned out. :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
marklynn70 said:
Robert, I can't wait to see how mine turned out. :thumbs:
Ahhhhh....... i am getting another 1 that says SKYBABY..... cant wait to see it. SkyBaby-07 oh... are you coming up to the pool party???LOLOLOL

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Here are the first images

Robert just sent me the photos of my wind restrictor. Here they are for all to enjoy. If everything works out I will have pictures of it installed on Missy tomorrow. Thank you Robert, Job well done.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks to all!

I really appreciate all the great SKY owners that have supported my product!:thumbs: I commit to stand by my product and hope to make many SKY owners even more proud of there beautiful & amazing roadsters. I can not thank you enough for the nice comments you have made about my work and for the support you have given me. You are truly a special group of people to me, May God bless you all.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ready to see rough draft whenever you have some time to work with my GA idea(also open to suggestions).

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Wind Restrictor said:

Robert
214-881-4SKY
You have got me to thinking, maybe I can get an inspiration for Mayhem, after all she is going to be the first R/L delivered in Texas:thumbs: Might want to come over for the deilivery when she arrives. More than welcome to.:thumbs: Better not leave Serenity out, she could get a might jealous:lol:
Although I am not a fan of wind restrictors, you have got my attention!!!!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts