Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though I don't smoke (well, sometimes cherry tobacco about once a year in a churchwarden pipe) I ordered mine with the "ashtray" option so I could have an additional "cubby" for change.

Does the Sky have a lighter for radar detectors and did anyone get the ashtray option? PICS?

Do I have to wire my detector directly to the fusebox?

·
Registered
50 Posts
There is an auxilliary power outlet located next to the glove box.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Though I don't smoke (well, sometimes cherry tobacco about once a year in a churchwarden pipe) I ordered mine with the "ashtray" option so I could have an additional "cubby" for change.

Does the Sky have a lighter for radar detectors and did anyone get the ashtray option? PICS?

Do I have to wire my detector directly to the fusebox?
The lighter and ashtray is a joke if it's like the Solstice. The ashtray is a cup that firs in the cup holder. So if you have a second person in the caar it's really hard to use. The lighter justs goes in the auxilliary by the radio. If the Sky has one there. If you want a place for change kappasphere just came out with something that fits in the pocket at the front of the seats.And GM came out with one for the Solstice.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I work at the plant and drove an Opel GT today and what I noticed inside was this "smoker's package"......I don't smoke but it was really neat how they designed it........there is actually a rectangular ashtray near the door handle on each side of the car and also a cigarette lighter on the driver's side door....it also had the new lock button in the same area which was nice.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I work at the plant and drove an Opel GT today and what I noticed inside was this "smoker's package"......I don't smoke but it was really neat how they designed it........there is actually a rectangular ashtray near the door handle on each side of the car and also a cigarette lighter on the driver's side door....it also had the new lock button in the same area which was nice.

The Solstice one stinks. But my husband smokes so we needed it anyway.

PS. I just quit 2 weeks ago ?? We'll see for how long.:) :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
It´s true :eek: I have read from the "SMOOKING PACKAGE" at the german price list.But I have no Idea where they put in on.
Have the SKY a "SMOOKING PACKAGE",too??
I never have see anyone at the photos

@MDREDLINE,have the regular production of the OPEL GT start now??

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
My dealer has all the add ons that you can buy displayed on a table in the showroom. The ashtray is just a cheap plastic cup that fits in the cheap plastic cupholder. The lighter can be bought at any auto parts store. If they are selling the ashtray for more that $2.00, it's too much.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ja ich denke, dass die Opel Produktion begonnen hat.
But if it is Top Secret Production. There is no official counting in GM's production data until end of September.

Big compliment on your German :thumbs:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The option online costs an astounding $45.00! For that price I'd expect a humidor and perhaps a selection of fine GM cigars, not a "cup".

·
Registered
452 Posts
Alternate cig tray

For $1 you can buy a can of "Dew", drink it, cut off the top, and insert in the cup holder. If you are picky, clean the can before use.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
For $1 you can buy a can of "Dew", drink it, cut off the top, and insert in the cup holder. If you are picky, clean the can before use.
:agree: But it doesn't have to be "Dew". An old pickle jar will work.:D

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'll tell you what, I've cut down on my smoking since I dive a SKY now. No ash tray, beatiful seats, vintage panels......hell no is anybody smoking in my SKY! Not even me!

However I light up right when my lungs exit the SKY.

·
Registered
153 Posts
:agree: But it doesn't have to be "Dew". An old pickle jar will work.:D
:cheers: Just happens to be what us Virginia hillbillys usually drink... :cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
:cheers: Just happens to be what us Virginia hillbillys usually drink... :cheers:
I myself use a mason jar. Just right in tha hand an easily cleaned fer more clear. Of course my clear would sanitize any jar....Skip...halffull please ..don't want ta spill none...:cheers: :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts