Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

Visited my dealership today and they gave me a printout of my event history. I went to 3400 on May 27th, but still have not been issued a TPW. There are no constraints on any of my options, so I don't have to worry about that causing a delay. The dealership wasn't sure why the TPW hasn't been issued. Does that mean that there is a delay in getting my car built? Patience is NOT my middle name, so the wait it killing me!

By the way, I have a beautiful Pewter '98 Corvette for sale...any takers?? :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
They might be waiting for the July shutdown and are holding dates until they start up (booked until then? I'm guessing):confused:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PLEASE don't use the words waiting and July in the same sentence!! :eek:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
I have a similar issue... I went from a 6/19 TPW to a 6/26 TPW... today when he looked, there was no TPW... but am at 3400...

I am confuzled... :willy: :confused: :eek:

Oh well, at least now I will have the height adjusting seats if it is a later TPW... but think about this, this will be the 2nd SKY for this retailer *The one the girl won doesn't count*... not being made until end of June or maybe even July... How can they say getting a SKY in every 3 months is a fair way to handle allotmants???

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I had a TPW of June 26 and I called because I failed to order the six disc changer......can they change it? We'll see tomorrow. Maybe I will get some residual info about TPWs. July shut down? How long, July 3-4?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
skywulf said:
I had a TPW of June 26 and I called because I failed to order the six disc changer......can they change it? We'll see tomorrow. Maybe I will get some residual info about TPWs. July shut down? How long, July 3-4?
I believe it's a week long shutdown the week of July 4th.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
todaresqSL2, do you know for certain the ones being made now don't come with the self adjusting seats? That was a big selling point for me because I have an eight year old. If anybody has any info on that, I would certainly appreciate it!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
MyMidnightSky said:
todaresqSL2, do you know for certain the ones being made now don't come with the self adjusting seats? That was a big selling point for me because I have an eight year old. If anybody has any info on that, I would certainly appreciate it!!
The ones now are just the front back slide... from what I remember without searching on here is that any vehicle produced on or after the June 26th TPW period will have the height adjusting drivers seat. The passenger seat will not.

If you are concerned about your 8 year olds safety... just keep the seat all the way back... and I also think there is a weight minimum for the airbag to be activated... anyone want to fill us in on that???

·
Registered
178 Posts
same here, 3400 no date......also, the car ahead of me had a tpw date of 6/5 and now there is no date........

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
They might be waiting for the July shutdown and are holding dates until they start up (booked until then? I'm guessing):confused:
If this was a Solstice I could give an easy answer for this since any car marked for build after the plant shutdown was recoded a 2007 Solstice. However with the Sky it's already a 2007...

Personally I'd rather end up with the post July build cars and wait an extra month or two, trust me it's worth it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
todaresqSL2, I think I am talking about something different concerning the seats. The Saturn website says the Sky comes with a Passenger Sensing System that will automatically turn off the airbag based on the weight and position of the passenger. It says that comes standard on all of them. That was a big selling feature for me!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
MyMidnightSky said:
todaresqSL2, I think I am talking about something different concerning the seats. The Saturn website says the Sky comes with a Passenger Sensing System that will automatically turn off the airbag based on the weight and position of the passenger. It says that comes standard on all of them. That was a big selling feature for me!
Yeah, that is the "weight sensing" thing I mentioned. It is standard... what I 1st mentioned is drivers seat height adjustment.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That would definitely be nice to have. Maybe we'll get lucky and get those and get our cars in a hurry! (I won't hold my breath.)

·
Registered
178 Posts
gm event code!!!

ok i am beginning to think no matter what we know or don't know makes no difference....this system s_ _ _ s!!!!:banghead: :mad: .......i just read a post, someone who imaged a month later than me has their car....also, there are a number of people who have been at 3400 but no dates listed...........what good does it do to change event codes when no one seems to know what the reason is that there is no date.....:mad: and another thing, the car ahead of me had a tpw of 6/5........today she is not listed at all on the gm website, no vin ,nothing, just disappeared ........where did her order go???.........go figure........i imagine we can all speculate on what's happening, but who knows the truth? hell, our dealership cannot even pick up the phone and check for us.......i am really:mad:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Hang in there, Barb. I know it's frustrating, to say the least. I too, am confused and baffled as to how others that imaged a month (some even more than a month) after me have taken delivery of their cars already...but as you already know, there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to the way these Sky orders are handled and processed. :confused: The only logical explanation as to why some folks who imaged later have their cars already...is that the orders were already in the system (imaged) long before they knew they were. Makes sense to me...so that's the notion that I'm sticking with. :thumbs:

No call from my dealer yet...so I'm going :crazy:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
You can come look at a yeller one!

At least it got here just like Craig said it would -- TO THE DAY!
I am gonna take some pics...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
You can come look at a yeller one!
Oh...you KNOW I will!!! :D If not tonight, tomorrow for sure.

·
Registered
178 Posts
hey rick, when you are down at the dealership looking at your lovely lady, ask your salesman if he has any orders at 3400 with no tpw................

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
barb said:
hey rick, when you are down at the dealership looking at your lovely lady, ask your salesman if he has any orders at 3400 with no tpw................

Hey..now that's a great idea, Barb. I never would have thought of that! :crazy:

While you're at it Rick...see if Craig knows if my Silver Pearl was dropped off at the railyard with yours. :lol:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
barb said:
ok i am beginning to think no matter what we know or don't know makes no difference....this system s_ _ _ s!!!!:banghead: :mad: .......i just read a post, someone who imaged a month later than me has their car....also, there are a number of people who have been at 3400 but no dates listed...........what good does it do to change event codes when no one seems to know what the reason is that there is no date.....:mad: and another thing, the car ahead of me had a tpw of 6/5........today she is not listed at all on the gm website, no vin ,nothing, just disappeared ........where did her order go???.........go figure........i imagine we can all speculate on what's happening, but who knows the truth? hell, our dealership cannot even pick up the phone and check for us.......i am really:mad:
I placed my order in January. So I know the feeling. I've seen a number of people post pictures of cars the same as mine. It's very frustrating to say the least! Check my sig. you'll see my progress. The only thing I can say good of late is that I now have a TPW. Delivery date? A little bird told me Late July. Lets hope.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts