Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the changeover to the GM system, when do you usually get VIN'd?
Do you get your vin while at 3400 or not till its built (3800)?

just curious as I went 3400 on monday and need the vin to get an accurate insurance quote.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
HI USMC, I was told that the vin would be reported 2 to 3 days after you went to 3400, the build gos to the plant so they know what to build..I was to get mine today but we have a major power problem, and the computers at the dealer went down(power, why no UPS, I don't know) so you should have it on the next report...Seal9:cheers:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seal9 said:
HI USMC, I was told that the vin would be reported 2 to 3 days after you went to 3400, the build gos to the plant so they know what to build..I was to get mine today but we have a major power problem, and the computers at the dealer went down(power, why no UPS, I don't know) so you should have it on the next report...Seal9:cheers:
Right on!!

I'll email the dealer tomorrow morning. we may just make it under the 2000's

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
USMC.. i was told that when the order is accepted and the production starts on that specific image..... that is when your baby gets assigned a VIN...... Hope yours is there soon..SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
804 Posts
My Vin was shown on last Tuesdays report to the dealer (1584). I actually had the image and order in early March. They don't expect the car to show up for 2 to 6 weeks, depending upon transport.

·
Registered
233 Posts
USMC and Seal..

Just curious if you don't me asking, what was your Order Numbers?

I was pretty much in the same boat as you both.

I know the system doesn't follow any known path but I'm just trying to get an idea. I already got the funds, license plate, insurance setup, the add ons, etc... Just need my SKY!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
SkyBaby said:
USMC.. i was told that when the order is accepted and the production starts on that specific image..... that is when your baby gets assigned a VIN...... Hope yours is there soon..SkyBaby-07
SKYBABY you really need to post that new avatar as a thumbnail so that we can all get a better look at you and your new baby. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Delivery

Kustomkaps said:
My Vin was shown on last Tuesdays report to the dealer (1584). I actually had the image and order in early March. They don't expect the car to show up for 2 to 6 weeks, depending upon transport.

The delivery times are ridiculous, you can drive from Toledo to Wilmington in 9 hours. It seems a lot of the hold ups have been with getting the cars delivered. Maybe they need to find a better way to deliver the cars then by rail, at least to the eastern US.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
tyler07 said:
USMC and Seal..

Just curious if you don't me asking, what was your Order Numbers?

I was pretty much in the same boat as you both.

I know the system doesn't follow any known path but I'm just trying to get an idea. I already got the funds, license plate, insurance setup, the add ons, etc... Just need my SKY!
I don't think there is any relation between order numbers and anything else but here is mine---GFW343
Hey, I just noticed that it is very close to yours. so maybe they are sequential and not region specific. (your on one coast, I'm on the other)
If thats the case, then that explains why I got a TPW before you but I can't say that with any certainty. Lets see if Seal9 replies with his order number.

In either case, many of us that imaged the week you did have at least received a TPW, some of us have started production. I would have to say that if you don't have a TPW by Friday then maybe your dealer isn't looking in the right place or something else is wrong.
anyone else out there image on 3/13 or so, and NOT have a TPW?

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
My order number GFW484
Image 3/15/06
30..3/22/06
3400 TPW 5/1/06

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
When Do you get your car ?

That is what I really want to know. What is going on with the transport companies. It seems like they get lost after the carrier picks them up. :confused: :banghead: :confused: I'm going crazy with anticipation.

·
Registered
233 Posts
seal9 said:
My order number GFW484
Image 3/15/06
30..3/22/06
3400 TPW 5/1/06
Ya, Exact same order as me too basically and a order number just a tad higher than mine. Maybe I'll call and harass my dealer some more.. I guess I'd just feel better seeing a TPW or any change/update to my order ya know?

I know that the TPW's and all that aren't "really" something to hold your breath over but any change in status is good status after a month! At least they would be looking at my order...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Seagull said:
That is what I really want to know. What is going on with the transport companies. It seems like they get lost after the carrier picks them up. :confused: :banghead: :confused: I'm going crazy with anticipation.
I notice your in Cali also. Heres all I know about transport times from DE to CA.

My dealers demo took 18 days. The 1st customer car took 20 days. I believe someone from S. Cali posted that theirs took about 20 days also. Seems to be about a 3 week ship wait.
These dates are from "vehicle shipped" to "vehicle delivered" these times do not include the time it sits at the railyard.

Whats strange is I know a guy in town with a solstice, his took only 10 days to get here late last year. The pontiac dealership is on the same street as the saturn dealership, he seems to think he just got lucky cause he said the sols were taking 2-3 weeks on average also.

and when you say "built" on 4/11, do you mean it went to code 3400 or 3800? Knowing what code your is currently at might help you. Its possible its at 4000 (vehicle available to ship) which really means it hasn't left the yard yet. when you get 4200, then you can start the 3 week countdown.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
GM ordering system is not to informative, as in my case no info was available till it was built, at whcih time I got my VIN, which was 6 days prior to built date. I never heard a word from the 030 1/21 event till it was built 03/14.I think they enter a GM Order Management System "Black Hole" until build/ship.:lol: :lol: :banghead:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ernest said:
GM ordering system is not to informative, as in my case no info was available till it was built, at whcih time I got my VIN, which was 6 days prior to built date. I never heard a word from the 030 1/21 event till it was built 03/14.I think they enter a GM Order Management System "Black Hole" until build/ship.:lol: :lol: :banghead:
but I thought yours one done on the old saturn system? I have found the new system much more informative. (after the first few days of use when they had a chance to learn it) My dealer seems to like more also

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
usmc said:
but I thought yours one done on the old saturn system? I have found the new system much more informative. (after the first few days of use when they had a chance to learn it) My dealer seems to like more also
No it was in the GM system, because if it were the Saturn system, I could have tracked all the way through build. Even made changes up to day of build.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I got mine about the time I went to 3400. Since 3800 is built you usually know the VIN before it's built.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
seal9 said:
still no VIN Seal9? Its been 6 days!!

Its been 3 days for me and still no vin.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
My salesman is on vacation this week, he didn't even ask me if he could GO. I feel lost, can't find out zip about my SKY. My have to try the 1-800 number and play like I didn't know not to call...Seal9:lol: :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts