Saturn Sky Forum banner

Attention: Costco Members

4K views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  Carnut 
#1 ·
I picked up my sky on 3/22. If you are a Costco member you get $400 credit toward accessories for your Sky or any Saturn car for that matter. I am a new member here and since a lot of you have not received your car yet, I thought I should try to help some of you save a little money. Hope some of you can take advantage of this deal.:thumbs:

Stonewall

#2 ·
stonewall said:
I picked up my sky on 3/22. If you are a Costco member you get $400 credit toward accessories for your Sky or any Saturn car for that matter. I am a new member here and since a lot of you have not received your car yet, I thought I should try to help some of you save a little money. Hope some of you can take advantage of this deal.:thumbs:

Stonewall

WHAT? I'm a member please explaine!!

#3 ·
stonewall said:

Stonewall
Hey congrats on the car...details? COLOR,VIN,?

#6 ·
Okay let me explain. Saturn is part of Costco's Auto Program. Two years ago I bought a Vue and asking about the benefits of being a costco Member. he told me that being a member gives you up to $400 in Accessories. So, obviously I asked if it applied to the Sky, and pleasantly suprised, he said yes. I will try to find out if all of you should get this deal. I am lucky to be dealing with an awesome dealer. All I had to do was give him my member # and he took it right off the invoice. If you have further questions let me now!

The last 4 digits on my car are 0362. I paid MSRP and Put my accessories on my costco AMEX, to get the benefit of the AMEX purshase rebate of 1.5% of all pruchases. Every little bit helps!

I got the Silver Graphite, Black leather, Manual. Stereo with 6-disc, 18-inch chrome wheels, Limited slip, Premium Trim.

Accessories - Air Intake, Car Cover, Suspension Kit, Splash guards, and wheel locks, all weather floor mats. My accessories came to 2633 and got $400 dollars of that. Plus he is giving me the first oil change free.

One thing on the car cover: When you pull it out of the box there is no antenna hole. So if you don't feel comfortable putting in the grommet yourself, I would have the dealer do it for you.

Forgive any spelling errors, I love talking about the car and helping all of out if I can. I am thinking faster than I can type. Most people that I tell about the Sky can't appreciate what we all have been through to get one of these killer cars.

By the way, I am 6' 2" 230lbs and a 32" inseam and YES I FIT, I even have head room (Yes I mean with the top up!HA!). I can't flop my legs around or anything, but I feel so proud to have one of these cars, I don't even think about it.

Okay I am finishing up I am afraid everyone is falling asleep reading this.
See Ya!
Stonewall

#10 ·
I did not go through Costco to buy the car. The dealer just made a copy of my Costco card and that was it. I don't know about the percentage thing. When I bought my Vue I only bought about 450 dollars worth of accessories and I still received the $400 credit. As for Canadians, I'm sorry I don't know, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

#11 ·
richmcc said:
I looked on Costco's Website and the Discount was 15%. $400.00 is ~15% off of $2600.00 dollars.
That makes a lot more sense. I know some other people' gears were turning like mine (400 bucks for free? ill just grab a free car cover, some floor mats, maybe the smoking kit incase i start the habit) -- but 15% off makes things a bit more realistic, though I do like knowing I can throw down the ol' Price Club (you old school Costco members know what im talking about) and save a bit.

Accessories only right? Not for service? And haha... not for the car? THAT would be sweet.

#13 ·
No it was not a discount, I was told I could have the $400 accessory credit no matter how much I bought. Like I said, on the vue I bought $450 of stuff and still only cost me $50, that is a lot more than 15%. I only say all this again to make sure if you are going to get a couple things you can get the most out your Saturn purchase. So yes it is like $400 free.
Good luck!
stonewall:thumbs:

#14 ·
Thanks for the info-might just have to sign up for Costco!-Save on gas too! Congrats on getting your car! (I think the first oil change is usually free with Saturns-my previous two Saturns had that benefit too.) Let's go drivin'!:driving:

#15 ·
stonewall said:
No it was not a discount, I was told I could have the $400 accessory credit no matter how much I bought. Like I said, on the vue I bought $450 of stuff and still only cost me $50, that is a lot more than 15%. I only say all this again to make sure if you are going to get a couple things you can get the most out your Saturn purchase. So yes it is like $400 free.
Good luck!
stonewall:thumbs:
Not that I dont trust you... I was just wondering if you can provide a webpage or source for this? I just want to have something to bring in to make sure the dealer will not laugh at me when I pop out my Costco Card.

THANKS!

#16 ·
1994SC2 said:
Not that I dont trust you... I was just wondering if you can provide a webpage or source for this? I just want to have something to bring in to make sure the dealer will not laugh at me when I pop out my Costco Card.

THANKS!
Trust him, its true. My salesman told me the same thing when I ordered my image on Wends. You get $400. off on accesories. Its something the dealer is not quick to let you know, but its true my friend... :thumbs:

#18 ·
agirltrucker said:
Trust him, its true. My salesman told me the same thing when I ordered my image on Wends. You get $400. off on accesories. Its something the dealer is not quick to let you know, but its true my friend... :thumbs:
I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND -- and i DO believe you totally -- just wanted to see details... its the lawyer in me, just want to know what the rules are. Any link or source was what I was hoping for.

Thank you very much!

#19 ·
I understand you want to some ammo when you go to the dealer. I am afraid the only ammo I had was that the dealer gave me the credit two years ago on my vue purchase. Believe me I had to remind him, but he had no problem giving it to me. I have my car and I would not steer the forum wrong. I wanted to contribute something back to you guys, since I have only been an observer for 6 months and have learned and hope to learn a lot from us "the sky owners". It is amazing that there is more knowledge in this forum than at the dealer. Well, good luck and hopefully the dealer will give you something for the Costco Membership!:patriot:

#20 ·
1994SC2 said:
I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND -- and i DO believe you totally -- just wanted to see details... its the lawyer in me, just want to know what the rules are. Any link or source was what I was hoping for.

Thank you very much!
Hey, I can never blame a man for checking the sources :thumbs: , I tried the link below, but no luck. You may have to call your local costco. Good luck to you :D

#22 · (Edited)
Still at a loss -- to anyone who can provide some kind of terms and conditions I would be very appreciative. AGAIN I BELIEVE YOU ALL! THERE IS NO DOUBT! I just dont go in to a situation without some concrete proof thats all.

Sky Dealer >> you there? Any suggestions?

#25 ·
Our dealership does not participate - nor could I find anyone in the greater Sacramento area on Costo's website:

Receive 15% off Parts and Service — Just for asking!

Currently we do not have a Saturn dealership enrolled in our Executive Benefits program. It is our hope that we'll be expanding our list of participating dealerships in this area soon. In the meantime, we've provided a list of participating dealerships in your area who currently offer Executive Members a discount of 15% toward Parts, Service, Labor or Accessories.

I'm happy for anyone in an area where Saturn does participate. But the real bonus is we have a Ford and a Mazda and both are listed for discounts!!! I had no idea and can already see the savings from following this great tip:thumbs: .

Best of luck - next to Saturn I love my Executive Costco membership.

#26 ·
I picked up my SKY yesterday and didn't see this posting until after I got it home. I send my salesman an email inquiring about it and haven't heard anything yet. But when I visited the parts department, they said I could have 25% off all my accessories since I bought a new car there. I don't know if that applies to all dealers, but never hurts to ask. When I hear back from my salesman, I'll let you know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.