Saturn Sky Forum banner

Do you plan to attend the August 5, 2006 run

August 5, 2006 Mullholland PCH Drive

9K views 96 replies 21 participants last post by  VALLE 1 
#1 ·
Mullholland PCH run Official Date - 8/05/2006
I decided to the do the run on August 5, 2006. I choose Saturday because I thought Tolaiz's argument about needing to recover the next day was valid. Also because on the first run we lost half the crew at 5:00pm.

We start at Bob's Big Boy
Bob's Big Boy
W 4211 Riverside Dr, Burbank, Ca

Map Line Yellow Plan Intersection

Here is General idea of the Route.
Map Ecoregion Atlas World Urban design

We leave Bob's Big Boy at 12:30 -1:00 get there by 11:00 if you want eat there before we leave.
Take Barham Bvld > Cuhanga to Mullholland.
Take Muholland as far as it goes, then to Ventura.
We then take Ventura to Topanga and pick up Mullholland again.
We follow Mullholland to Los Virgenes taking Malibu Canyon to PCH (This will avoid most of the traffic on PCH.)
We then Take PCH into Oxnard.

I still need to find some places for us to eat for dinner and a possible mid-afternoon snack.

Here is map of the route.

The section of Mullholland I am adding at the beginning has really beautiful scenery. Also Malibu Canyon is breathtaking (I understand the mountains were used as the backdrop for the MASH TV show.)

The only thing I see changing at this point is possibly the starting point if the number of particpants get pretty high.

See less See more
#2 ·
You Can Count On Me

Already made plans to call in sick to work so count me in:thumbs:

#6 ·
Just in case

Seagull said:
Already made plans to call in sick to work so count me in:thumbs:
I think I sent in my RSVP already, but just in case. I'm in as long as my Dad continues to remain stable. Count us in. :cheers:
Terry

#7 ·
Can I be a Sky stalker?

I'm waiting in limbo land unsure of when I'm going to be able to get a Sky since the list seems soooooo long to me right now. :willy: I'm handling my addiction by downloading tons of photos and videos of the car to tide me over and avoid the shakes. (Lots of reading of this newsgroup helps too!)

Since there is no way I'll have a sky baby by then, can I come to Bob's Big Boy and just drool over your cars. No worries, I will stand back. My drool will land on the ground. Not on your beautiful shiny new Skys.

#8 ·
stacib said:
Since there is no way I'll have a sky baby by then, can I come to Bob's Big Boy and just drool over your cars. No worries, I will stand back. My drool will land on the ground. Not on your beautiful shiny new Skys.
Of course you should come. You'll have your Sky soon enough.
These events are just as much about people as they are about cars.

#10 ·
stacib said:
I'm waiting in limbo land unsure of when I'm going to be able to get a Sky since the list seems soooooo long to me right now. :willy: I'm handling my addiction by downloading tons of photos and videos of the car to tide me over and avoid the shakes. (Lots of reading of this newsgroup helps too!)

Hey, please show up, my ION is going to feel pretty intimidated with all those Sky's there.

#11 ·
Bob's Big Boy

I went to Bob's Big boy tonight to snap some pictures (check the link below). It appears they are very familar with car gatherings :D

I was hoping to make arrangements to get spots reserved, but if they do not do it for this regular Friday meet, I doubt that they will do it for us. But it is a really cool place to meet.

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?p=86444&posted=1#post86444

#12 ·
richmcc said:
I went to Bob's Big boy tonight to snap some pictures (check the link below). It appears they are very familar with car gatherings :D

I was hoping to make arrangements to get spots reserved, but if they do not do it for this regular Friday meet, I doubt that they will do it for us. But it is a really cool place to meet.

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?p=86444&posted=1#post86444
If no other clubs are meeting there when we do it looks like there will be plenty of room.

#13 ·
Update ?

Is there any update for the August 5 Run?

#14 ·
Where the heck is everyone? Robo, how come you're not going? Is anyone opening up passenger seats to people "in waiting"? To set us apart from the last ride, we need a yellow, white, green and black one.... Any of them coming along? Is there anything we, on the forum, can do to LURE more people into going on the ride? Just curious... I can't wait!

#17 ·
Seagull said:
August 5 run is still on. I will be PM'ing those that have indicated there interest to go. As far as I know there about 7 Skys, 2 or 3 Sols and ION going to be there.

At the beginning of next week I will distributing the Route Guide.

Those of you who did not go on the first trip, I would appreciate if you send me your real name (last optional), e-mail, cellphone and Onstar phone nmber if you have one.

#18 ·
Seagull said:
August 5 run is still on. I will be PM'ing those that have indicated there interest to go. As far as I know there about 7 Skys, 2 or 3 Sols and ION going to be there.

Those of you who did not go on the first trip, I would appreciate if you send me your real name (last optional), e-mail, cellphone and Onstar phone nmber if you have one.

#19 ·
richmcc said:

Thanks Rich. :thumbs:

#20 ·
Seagull said:
Thanks Rich. :thumbs:
I sent an E-Mail to Gravana Tuning inviting them to come.

The first leg of Mullholland is pretty straight forward (hard to get lost on). There are a lot places (Scenic Overlooks) to stop and enjoy the Scenery, most will only take a couple of cars and some are not Sky friendly at all.

I was thinking that once on mullholland those that want enjoy the twisties could flow ahead and those that want to take in the Scenery would do so.

Right before Mullholland turns into the Topanga State Park there is a church with a pretty big parking lot. As long as they are not having a wedding that day we could regroup there.

For lunch, SOS over on the Solstice Forum suggested Neptune's Net on PCH. I have only checked it out on the Web. They have burgers and such and it appears like a lot of bikers stop there. Might be a fun place to show off the Kappas! I figure we will get there by 4:00pm.

Still trying to fill out the rest of the details.

#21 ·
darn it!!! I won't have mine for another few months.:banghead: What an awesome drive that will be!:cool:

#22 · (Edited)
You'll be passing right by my house (I live near Laurel Canyon and Mullholland)
If I see you all flying by, I might just join you, sounds like a great route.
If not, have a great time!

Silver Graphite
Black Leather
20" Foose Chrome Rims and Nitto Tires
Garmin Navigation
LoJack and On-Star (cuz' the dealer forced me take both) ;)

#24 ·
Great Place

Neptune sounds great, use to go there a lot on the Harley. It's a fun place with great atmosphere. Sounds like a plan.
Terry:thumbs:

#25 ·
cerberus said:
Hope to make at least part of it.
Won't know how work will impact until a few days before,
but hope to at least make the first hop, if not the day.
I am with cerberus! The first hop sounds great but Oxnard and 101 South are out of the question (not much to see and lots of traffic). I may flip back and redue mullhulland back to the 405. Southbound traffic on pch will be a bear at that hour. I haven't yet brought the subject up to Mrs ElDeeko but if the temp comes down a little she will be comming to be sure. Now if we were to continue on to Santa Barbara (two day trip), that would be a great SKY run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.