Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Spiedie Fest

Dave...I sent you a PM with my e-mail address. Making plans / reservations this week to attend. Need to "upgrade" my site membership. Looking forward to Spiedie Fest and meeting everyone. Hope to make it up before then..schedule getting full.
Thanks !!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ron: What time do you think you would be able to arrive? I was hoping to start the drive at about 9am... will be a long day, and would like to be back to the Uno's lot for the cruise in by about 5 - 5:30. I understand you, Diane and others may be tired after the drive in the morning and can make some adjustments if needed, for example Interstate use at some points to speed our day up a bit.

Dan: Sent you an e-mail in response to your PM. :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Man, I would like to go but I have too many irons in the fire now. I knew the area well since I grew up in Chenango County, went to college in Madison and Broom County, and my work covered the entire area (actually from Buffalo to the Hudson river over a 15 year period). Still have family in Chenango County and in the Ithaca area.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Dave,

We're going to try to make the 7:00 AM breakfast on Saturday. However, if we can't, where do we meet up with the group for the 9:00 AM departure ? The diner or maybe Wegman's parking lot ? Looking forward to Spiedie again.

Thanks............

Ron

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi Dave,

We're going to try to make the 7:00 AM breakfast on Saturday. However, if we can't, where do we meet up with the group for the 9:00 AM departure ? The diner or maybe Wegman's parking lot ? Looking forward to Spiedie again.

Thanks............

Ron
Either is fine, we will be driving past Wegman's so can stop. :)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Change

I was wondering peoples thoughts on delaying the departure time on Saturday to 11am. This would allow people arriving Saturday a nicer travel time in the morning. Breakfast on Saturday would also be changed to 9am.

Bob: Sent you a PM.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I was wondering peoples thoughts on delaying the departure time on Saturday to 11am. This would allow people arriving Saturday a nicer travel time in the morning. Breakfast on Saturday would also be changed to 9am.

Bob: Sent you a PM.
Since I am one of the folks planning on driving up at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning, I'm all for the later start time. That will give me a few extra hours of sleep. :sleep:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Since I am one of the folks planning on driving up at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning, I'm all for the later start time. That will give me a few extra hours of sleep. :sleep:
K, times have changed. :) Sleep is good. :thumbs:

Breakfast at 9am at the Park Diner.

We will be leaving at 10:30 from the Park Diner.

We will be passing through near Wegmans around 11am

Lunch at Quaker Steak & Lube around 2pm. We will know better when we arrive in Skaneateles.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Weather forecast for the weekend...

Low 80's and 0% chance of rain!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Voice from the past!!

Hey, Guys! No, we HAVEN'T fallen off the face of the earth....just moved to Upsate NY. In fact, we live about 25 miles north of Binghamton! :D So we wanted to let you know that we will meet up with everyone on Fri. night and plan to cruise with you on Sat. See everyone then!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hey, Guys! No, we HAVEN'T fallen off the face of the earth....just moved to Upsate NY. In fact, we live about 25 miles north of Binghamton! :D So we wanted to let you know that we will meet up with everyone on Fri. night and plan to cruise with you on Sat. See everyone then!
Awesome!!! Did you move to the Cortland or Greene area?

·
Registered
40 Posts
We moved to Oxford. It's between Greene & Norwich. Also....make it Sabot 53 +1 !! Forgot my wife! :crazy: Has Quaker Steak & Lube been notified that we're coming? They bring in the Lube Girls to wash bikes on Bike Night. The proceeds go to charity. Thought it might be neat to have them there for US! Although I seem to recall something about a car wash on one of the posts. Anyway, looking forward to seeing everyone on Fri. night. Probably be there between 6:30 & 7.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
We moved to Oxford. It's between Greene & Norwich. Also....make it Sabot 53 +1 !! Forgot my wife! :crazy: Has Quaker Steak & Lube been notified that we're coming? They bring in the Lube Girls to wash bikes on Bike Night. The proceeds go to charity. Thought it might be neat to have them there for US! Although I seem to recall something about a car wash on one of the posts. Anyway, looking forward to seeing everyone on Fri. night. Probably be there between 6:30 & 7.
Greene, Oxford, Norwich... all still farm town to me. lol :jester:

Haven't called them yet, will be tomorrow to make sure they can save the spots in front to take a group shot.

RE: the car wash, yepper... doing that before the cruise in Saturday eve.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Dave, I hate to do this to you on such short notice, especially since you changed to start time for us long distance travellers, but I'm not gonna be able to make it this weekend. Have a few health issues going in, which includes some back issues, so I don't think I'll be able to do that many hours in the car. :(

I hope you guys have a great time. The weather looks like it is going to be perfect for you.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
2010 has come and gone. What a beautiful weekend it was. Awesome weather, great people, and a fun time.

Sabot53: Glad both of you were able to join us Friday and at Quaker Steak Saturday afternoon. Sorry we missed each other on Saturday morning.

Hawkster: It was a pleasure meeting the two of you. Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Ronzer: It was great you were able to make it up Sunday. Awesome seeing you again.

Excelsior: Thank you for that mini-dragon suggestion. Such a curvy road. Was awesome.

I will have pictures up soon. :)

Plans are starting for 2011 with a facebook group already. Will be the biggest and best yet!!! :)

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=115746005145031

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great time!!

Dave,

Thanks for all of your work!
The weather was perfect and Janine and I had a GREAT TIME!! :thumbs:

For those of you that were not able to make it.....you really missed a good weekend! We met some really nice people, saw some great cars at the show as well as the local "meets", ate some good food and had a great cruise.

We are looking forward to next year already....write it down in your date book now! :willy:

Hawkster

21 - 40 of 40 Posts