Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Aura mirror has a compass included...in the past, someone posted a site that u could purchase the exact same mirror which is standard in the Aura.

I have checked the wiring that attaches to both the SKY the AURA. They appear to have the same 7 wires.....now here is the big question....is it difficult to take off the mirror in the SKY and reattach the Aura's mirror?

Looking to hear from the experts.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Ernest does have both... perhaps he'd like to be the guinea pig.

Course if he messes up his wife might try and take off his head.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would be interested in that upgrade also...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ernest -
Ask your Saturn Tech if the mirror is a stand alone (self contained) unit or does it require some BCM software interface programming to make the compass functional. It would be great if the Aura mirror was a simple 'plug-n-play' up grade. Thanks!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I asked my dealer last night. They said the compass mechanism is built into the mirror. Therefore, it should be easy enough to swap the mirrors.

They said they did something similar a while back between a Vue and LS. Except then, temperature was also built into the mirror and that would not work since it needed an external hookup. (I think I got this portion correct.)

·
Registered
196 Posts
etw98 said:
I asked my dealer last night. They said the compass mechanism is built into the mirror. Therefore, it should be easy enough to swap the mirrors.

Did you happen to get a price for this mirror?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
oakfarm said:
etw98 said:

Did you happen to get a price for this mirror?
This mirror costs $349.35 at your local Saturn Parts Department!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
18,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that's an expensive compass...but thanks to all for your input....now I have to wait for someone to total an Aura and hope the mirror wasn't hurt.

·
Registered
540 Posts
does anyone have pics of the mirror or a link to see the Aura compass mirror??? I would love to have a visual of what we are talking about.

·
Registered
18,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
although I haven't a picture...it is a bit larger than the one on the sky but on the right side, there is a small rectangular box where the compass appears...it has the same on star buttons

·
Registered
18,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
those mirrors do not have on star...they don't even look like the mirrors in the sky...let alone with the compass

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
marlboromike said:
although I haven't a picture...it is a bit larger than the one on the sky but on the right side, there is a small rectangular box where the compass appears...it has the same on star buttons
Correct, plus an extra button for Homestar, a new feature where you program in your garage door opener,

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Ernest said:
Correct, plus an extra button for Homestar, a new feature where you program in your garage door opener,
Ernest... Only the AURAs with the Panoramic roof have the homelink on the mirror. The rest have it on the roof area right by the map lights... :thumbs:

Regards,

BA...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts